DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/2/22

Cody getting a Saudi show paycheck and then returns to run Ring of Honor as an AEW’s version of NXT so he could be like HHH and point at wrestlers in photo shoots after their adorable first big title win and then fireworks cascade over his family as they announce more seasons of their reality show and more seasons of their game show and then even a third show where Cody and Brandi flip houses but their is always some type of twist where the foundation of the house needs rework so the kitchen nook will actually not have the budget to be as elaborate but they still find a way to make the house look nice would be the most Cody thing ever.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Don’t want to be the guy but what is ROH right now save for the video library (nothing to sneeze at, sure) and, let’s look at that press release… the production equipment? Crockett, at least, got Eddie Gilbert.

I'm sure Delirious's mind, body, and soul are somewhere in the fine print...

I was glad to see Danielson getting his win back from Daniels, but then I remembered that match from AmDrag's first ROH title run. Possibly Daniels at his peak as a singles wrestler? Not tonight though, although that first close up of his eye was the coolest I've ever seen him look (...even with those pants on). Makes Malakai Black go uhh...

Edited by Horatio

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Danielson is not allowed in the Codyverse!

If he entered the Codyverse it’d be like crossing the forcefield in Wandavision and he’d transform into Dan Bandana. 
E3-F46-E00-80-AB-45-E8-9843-FCB03700969-

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, EVA said:

My only reservation about this Sunday is that MJF and Punk set the bar so high in Chicago, I find it hard to imagine how they can top it.

21 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Double juice. A beaten down and desperate MJF covered in blood begging for mercy, for which Punk has none. I think they can do it. Let's go. Would hate to have to follow that match, Jesus. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it surpasses Cody vs. Dustin as the most bloody match in AEW history. Trying to keep my expectations in check as the first CM Punk vs. MJF match was great, one of the best AEW Matches Ever and that might apply to the rematch, hopefully.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dog said:

Oh my God, will someone please think of Jim Cornette?! How long after he realized TK owns some of his work did the ugly crying start?

over/under on the length of the JCE or Drive-Thru YouTube video that has Jim talking about Tony Khan buying ROH? 35 minutes

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Cody getting a Saudi show paycheck and then returns to run Ring of Honor as an AEW’s version of NXT so he could be like HHH and point at wrestlers in photo shoots after their adorable first big title win and then fireworks cascade over his family as they announce more seasons of their reality show and more seasons of their game show and then even a third show where Cody and Brandi flip houses but their is always some type of twist where the foundation of the house needs rework so the kitchen nook will actually not have the budget to be as elaborate but they still find a way to make the house look nice would be the most Cody thing ever.

Oh my God you’re right, Cody booking his own major promotion pocket universe, pointing at dudes, breaking the throne or whatever is Cody as shit. 

Trips grew up watching JCP though, thus the NXT we got those first few years he ran it. Cody grew up in the early aughts WWE system. Oh shit what are Mark Jindrak, The Bashams and Rene Dupree up to.

• Like 1

Punk seems to treasure his time as a trainer with ROH, and who knows how long he’s planning to keep wrestling. I could see him being a big player for them in creative and talent development.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

over/under on the length of the JCE or Drive-Thru YouTube video that has Jim talking about Tony Khan buying ROH? 35 minutes

Was he already feeling owned? 

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

If you thought Cody pontificated before, can you imagine him as the showrunner? I can't wait.

If he books KiLynn King to go over Deonna for the ROH Women's title, I'll take back everything bad I ever said about Cody.

• Like 2

Amazing go-home show, really nailed the build for an insanely stacked PPV.  Love the big announcement opening and we got a Shane O Mac reference!! I'm all for this somehow turning in to having Cody back. 

Danielson/Daniels was a great throwback opener, awesome finish. Glad to see Daniels again - I had hoped his return to Impact last year would've lasted longer instead of being a one and done. The Bryan/Moxley promo after was really perfectly executed in adding to this real big match feel. 

Battle royal was a lot of fun. Star making return for Darius, who looked very good going the distance. 

Incredible Punk/MJF segment. Crazy amount of blood. Can't wait for this match, perfect feud and build. Punk mentioning his epic rivalries of the past and now this is on that same level.

Thunder getting the pinfall on Britt has me feeling certain that Britt is retaining at the PPV. Good solid main event and closing angle to head in to the PPV. 

Looking forward to seeing Christian back in action on Rampage, hope he advances.  I love this roster where you can have a stacked 9 match PPV plus two preshow matches and still have plenty of talent left over.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This was a very fun 2 hours.

Tony reminds me of a guy I went to college with that we called "The Internet" because if the Internet was a person, it would look like him. Awkward but you can't help but love his enthusiasm. If Tony buying ROH leads to the 2002-2010 video library being released and means more work for more wrestlers, I'm totally on board.

Danielson vs Daniels was really good and I also was amused by all the ways they moved around the fact that Low Ki won the 3 way so I  guess he's not going to be in AEW anytime soon.

The battle royal was fun despite the obvious outcome. At least the ppv match will be good.

I knew someone was bleeding as soon as I saw all the white in the Punk-MJF segment and I was proven right in a great way. Punk and MJF killed it. I'm so excited for this match.

Martinez/Rosa vs Britt/Hayter was not the best tag match to build up a ppv singles match but I was already sold on Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker happening.

The main was exactly what it needed to be. The cool cowboy defending his nerd friends against the biggest assholes on the state champion lacrosse team. Didn't understand why the other members of the Dark Order didn't make the save during the beatdown. You were in a battle royal, get it together and rescue your friends. Colt? Anna? Maybe leave Uno since he was cursed but that was my only gripe. Looks like I'll be ordering me a PPV.

• Like 4

I mean I am surprised so many people felt like picking up the right to ROH is a big deal, it's basically a dead promotion with nobody under contract? If/when a streaming deal with AEW gets announced and ROH is a part of it then that'd be a big deal, but beyond that right now it's just an old name people have some nostalgia for. Don't get me wrong, ROH was great back in the day, I went to a number of shows and purchased a bunch of dvds, but 2022 ROH only just barely even exists.

If it ends up being their WWECW or minor league then swell, but you could have just done that with the AEW branding anyways.

What makes the Punk/MJF segment for me is Max rubbing the blood only over his own face on the t-shirt. Even if it was a happy accident it’s so great as metaphor for him spitefully trying to separate himself from his childhood pain. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, username said:

I mean I am surprised so many people felt like picking up the right to ROH is a big deal, it's basically a dead promotion with nobody under contract? If/when a streaming deal with AEW gets announced and ROH is a part of it then that'd be a big deal, but beyond that right now it's just an old name people have some nostalgia for. Don't get me wrong, ROH was great back in the day, I went to a number of shows and purchased a bunch of dvds, but 2022 ROH only just barely even exists.

If it ends up being their WWECW or minor league then swell, but you could have just done that with the AEW branding anyways.

Spoiler

ROH World Heavyweight Champion Cody | Cody rhodes, Ring of honor, Wrestling

• Haha 3

They should run an angle where a babyface tries and tries, for weeks, to hit their finisher on a dastardly heel but keeps coming up short. Said babyface then pays TV’s Danhausen to curse the heel, ensuring the successful finish immediately afterward.

The curse is in kayfabe the most deadly move in AEW. Danhausen the support spec buffing your DEX to 100 or whatever. 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 5

Watching the ROH announcement back... good lord, TK is such a fucking nerd and it's kind of adorable. I hate to swoon over a billionaire like that, but geez. His facial expressions during that whole thing, and the "SHANE'S NOT HERE! IT'S NOT SHANE! IT'S ME!"... what a dork. I bet him and Keith Lee are the bestest of friends.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3