DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2022

matt925

Really good interview with Ariel Helwani and MJF. 

There's a part in it where they discuss MJF's contract ending in January of 2024 and Max tries to push it off that he isn't going to sign anything before then. Gives me a real funny feeling that he might be winning the AEW World title at Full Gear '23 and then take the title "hostage" and defend it in other promotions under the guise of being a F/A ala 'Territory Style/NWA Title'. Fantasy me would hope WWE would be willing to do something by then as it would be leading into WrestleMania season - but that's a completely different ball of wax.

Edited by Krone Meltzer

My wife has been watching wrestling for less than a year and I came home from work to this last night:

FOpa15RXIA8rDjA?format=jpg&name=smallFOpa2LTXsAogudA?format=jpg&name=small

I think they turned out pretty darn well for her first time.  Next week she wants to try Darby Allin's tree facepaint.

• Like 21

38 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So I am confused is the Owen Hart Memorial tournament a women's tournament or is it like the King of the Ring and going to be men and women.  

It's two tournaments. One for men, one for women.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 1:06 AM, Infinit said:

Looks like Wardlow was removed from the AEW roster page. Tremendous attention to detail! 

Although, given as he's only employed by MJF, should he have been there without some caveat/asterisk in the first place? But yeah, stellar effort, nonetheless.

On 3/20/2022 at 7:19 AM, Casey said:

Give me more Konosuke Takeshita, and Jun Akiyama vs Eddie Kingston you cowards. Also, NEO Biishiki-gun, Maki Itoh and Shoko Nakajima.

...and Takeshita confirms!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Ass Boys theme feels a bit more '90s to me, but I do tend to neglect Giorgio Moroder's 80s output passed Gigolo or Foxes.  I saw Scarface before I knew of Moroder (and Peter Bellote - his quietly overlooked and well-mustached partner in crime) and didn't quite jive with it's score.  This forum post is a nice reminder that it may be worth another spin.    

On 3/24/2022 at 7:02 PM, Casey said:

I'm gonna put this here because let's be honest, more people will see it than the Rasslin' games thread.

Fight Forever might be the title of the video game, if recent trademark filings are anything to go by. It's specifically for video game software use.

Or it could be a mobile fighting game, who knows I guess.

I am staaaaarving for the console game. Obviously, I do not want them to rush it, but I could not be more ready. I havent been excited for a wrestling game like this since the N64 days.

• Like 4

I love the FTR theme because it sounds exactly like the kind of opening music that a regional promotion would have had during their opening credits on ESPN, which matches their whole vibe including the awesome font on their tights.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I am staaaaarving for the console game. Obviously, I do not want them to rush it, but I could not be more ready. I havent been excited for a wrestling game like this since the N64 days.

I wish they'd just release it on N64.  That's the only console I own.

• Like 4