DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2022

matt925

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

Long term booking. Cody will lead Team WWE against Omega and “The Alliance 2.0” at Survivor Series 2024, after WWE and AEW merge into World Elite Entertainment. WEE - Get the Wrestling Out. 

Cody doesn't seem like a bad dude, just a cheesy, flaky kinda one.

R5RZkC0.jpeg

There are no burned bridges in wrestling! 

• Like 1

AEW's patience and slow build with Powerhouse Hobbs is a great example of the sharp intuitive booking throughout this company's terrific short history.  There's no rush.  This has been textbook how you build somebody up and not push them before they're ready.  Avoiding the pitfalls.  The complaints about him losing big matches come from a genuine place, but he's needed this deliberate build to where he can actually get himself ready and make good on any sort of significant push.  He's come a long way beyond the considerable physique.    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 11

15 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

AEW's patience and slow build with Powerhouse Hobbs is a great example of the sharp intuitive booking that has throughout this company's terrific short history.  There's no rush.  This has been textbook how you build somebody up and not push them before they're ready.  Avoiding the pitfalls.  The complaints about him losing big matches come from a genuine place, but he's needed this deliberate build to where he can actually get himself ready and make good on any sort of significant push.  He's come a long way beyond the considerable physique.    

Agree, Hobbs, Dante, Wardlow, Ass Boys, even Jungle Boy have been excellent examples of this.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 7

Multiple guys getting in this kind of shape is a great argument against the house show/constant touring model. When guys aren't constantly working through nagging injuries or schlepping to the next town six days a week, they can actually take care of their bodies and get into routines that will prolong their careers. Good on Hobbs (and Jericho and Andy Williams) for taking advantage of a better system.

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, w. josh said:

Multiple guys getting in this kind of shape is a great argument against the house show/constant touring model. When guys aren't constantly working through nagging injuries or schlepping to the next town six days a week, they can actually take care of their bodies and get into routines that will prolong their careers. Good on Hobbs (and Jericho and Andy Williams) for taking advantage of a better system.

The schedule change is monumental.  Actually caring about the health of these performers is a needed, welcomed, and enormous change.  I'd like to say I expect a seismic shift in wrestler's early death numbers, but unfortunately the industry leader doesn't seem to be making similar scheduling amendments.

• Like 3

I always thought that Christopher Daniels could stunt double Christian Bale’s Batman, because they have the same mouth, chin and jawline . But nobody else seems to see it.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I always thought that Christopher Daniels could stunt double Christian Bale’s Batman, because they have the same mouth, chin and jawline . But nobody else seems to see it.

Funny you mention that. About 15 years ago, my school brought in the stunt double for Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man, a guy by the name of: Christopher Daniels. All the posters on campus had him in the suit with his face totally covered, so I mistakenly assumed for years that it was The Fallen Angel picking up a little extra work.

• Haha 2

On 3/23/2022 at 4:43 AM, eikerir said:

If Bret can go back after spitting and punching Vince in the face, then anyone can come back.

I mean the reason it was surprising that he went back wasn't that he did those things, it's the thing they did to cause him to do those things

14 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Still working towards the Page and Cage Multimen Extravaganza. 

I still think they could've/should've had Adam and Ethan be (distant?) relatives who didn't interact like Ronnie and Jimmy Garvin did, until a catastrophic incident to Adam caused Ethan to turn and get major face cred. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I still think they could've/should've had Adam and Ethan be (distant?) relatives who didn't interact like Ronnie and Jimmy Garvin did, until a catastrophic incident to Adam caused Ethan to turn and get major face cred. 

Was it a fire ball that brought them together?  A hair-removal cream blinding?  Pro wrestling needs more hair-removal cream angles.

Just now, Log said:

Was it a fire ball that brought them together?  A hair-removal cream blinding?  Pro wrestling needs more hair-removal cream angles.

Cornette throwing a fireball at Ronnie during a MX/Garvin&Windham match, if I remember correctly.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The world isn't prepared for a Keith Lee that looks like Hobbs does currently.

Not to be a total body dude, but if Keith Lee looked like Hobbs, I'd say put the title on Lee like yesterday and never take it off of him for the next three years.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Casey said:

The world isn't prepared for a Keith Lee that looks like Hobbs does currently.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Not to be a total body dude, but if Keith Lee looked like Hobbs, I'd say put the title on Lee like yesterday and never take it off of him for the next three years.

Dudes remember when Test was fired and then got FUCKING JACKED, and Vince saw pics and demanded he be rehired?  Don't give him the iggy when Keith Lee turns starts lookin real jacked baby.

I'm gonna put this here because let's be honest, more people will see it than the Rasslin' games thread.

Fight Forever might be the title of the video game, if recent trademark filings are anything to go by. It's specifically for video game software use.

Or it could be a mobile fighting game, who knows I guess.

• Like 3