DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2022

matt925

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

With Cage, they re-signed him for a reason. I'm not sure what that reason is, but they have to have something in mind. And he must want to be there. It was an option on the contract like NFL has with rookies, which the company has full discretion to exercise but the talent doesn't have a say. That not withstanding, he obviously still wants to be there. They haven't been signing people that want to leave. So if Cage wanted out, I don't think they would have forced the contract option years on him.

Some people have speculated that Cage will replace Wardlow as MJF’s bodyguard, which would be a perfect spot for him. It would be the right guy to put opposite face Wardlow as a first large opposing enemy, but also somebody the fans on social media already don’t like, just in case the fans are ready to turn on Wardlow.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Brian Cage sucks and is the epitome of dead weight. I'd rather have Janella than Cage.

EDIT: To add to this, Cage brings nothing to the table that Lee, Miro, Hobbs, Archer, and others don't already bring to it. Cage would be far better as a big fish in a small pond or in WWE just treading water over there. Let him and Vince go rep for rep on bench presses or something.

Cage already got fired from WWE. He was a developmental guy for awhile. They cut him. He is not shy about how he hated his time there and wouldn't go back. Not to mention openly talks about how he couldn't pass a wellness test and his piss would melt a styrofoam cup lol.

Money talks. I'm sure if they offered him a deal he'd take it. But I think the thing is they wouldn't offer him a deal. He has all that baggage / lots of injuries in his past / he's too old for what they want now and not a college athlete with zero wrestling experience.

14 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I recall Janela being treated as a much bigger deal when he initially came in. This is just how it played out. AEW did over-extend themselves and sign too many people, and they have a lot of people they can stand to lose right now. I think Tony khan is going to try and maintain his friendly promoter image by not releasing bunch of people. 

Heck, I'm still not sold on Jeff Hardy as a signing right now.

I don't like it but the live crowd loves it and I bet they're moving a shit ton of merch, I think they already had 3 shirts on the website.

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I don't like it but the live crowd loves it and I bet they're moving a shit ton of merch, I think they already had 3 shirts on the website.

Hardys shirt is already #2 for the month, Jeff's shirt is #13. I think they only have two shirts. Also, Jeff doesn't have his own tab on their roster page for the merch website yet either.

Not sure if it's in the merch thread, but calling @The Natural:

99373_f_fm_1.png

Of note: it's made with organic cotton, unlike any other shirt on their site

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Hardys shirt is already #2 for the month, Jeff's shirt is #13. I think they only have two shirts. Also, Jeff doesn't have his own tab on their roster page for the merch website yet either.

99373_f_fm_1.png

I thought I saw 2 on the "new arrivals" tab, but I could be wrong. I was mostly browsing to see what kinds of non-shirt merch I might get next week (was hoping for a Chaos Project trucker hat or some cooler pins than the ones they have right now).

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

99373_f_fm_1.png

Cheers, @Casey! First time I've seen this. Bryan Danielson doesn't have the amount of merchandise others do. Danielson is way outnumbered there but he's the Planet's Champion channelling The New Daniel Bryan.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zendragon said:

Word is that Cage is anti-vax so maybe Tony is just like "you want to be difficult go sit home"

I dont think he’s outright antivax, he made some comments in the early days of the pandemic and before the vaccine about alternative methods to combat the virus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirty J. said:

I dont think he’s outright antivax, he made some comments in the early days of the pandemic and before the vaccine about alternative methods to combat the virus. 

Correct.  He actually explained it AGAIN a few weeks ago.  The things he said about possible treatments were said before there was even a vaccine, I think.  He wasn't out here promoting horse pills, UV light, or bleach like that orange guy was.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Correct.  He actually explained it AGAIN a few weeks ago.  The things he said about possible treatments were said before there was even a vaccine, I think.  He wasn't out here promoting horse pills, UV light, or bleach like that orange guy was.

Then why does he appear to look like he takes all three?

• Haha 11

Speaking of Bret and AEW, is the twitter talk about him potentially replacing Tully as FTR's manager founded in anything other than fans' wishful thinking?

• Like 2

Just now, AxB said:

Speaking of Bret and AEW, is the twitter talk about him potentially replacing Tully as FTR's manager founded in anything other than fans' wishful thinking?

Young Bucks made a slight reference to Bret during their promo with FTR this week, and Dax has talked about Bret a lot recently on twitter including RTing someone saying that Bret should be their manager, so they are definitely feeding into it. My guess would be around the Owen Hart Cup that Bret will come in for a few weeks and be with FTR for their Young Bucks feud.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You know how AEW likes to pay things off, from years earlier? We could finally see the moment when Sting gets to call Regal "Sunshine" back.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

I don't know about a manager who can't take a bump

Ordinarily I would agree with you on this, but they've found a way to make it work with Jake (and Arn to a degree, though he's been more physical at times than I would be comfortable with). I'm sure commentary will play up the mental aspect of having the greatest to ever do it at ringside. And there are tons of great distraction spots they can do where all they really need to do is tease it, not necessarily go through with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

I don't know about a manager who can't take a bump

Worth it having one of the greatest of all time Bret Hart. People will be queuing up to bump for him.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

You know how AEW likes to pay things off, from years earlier? We could finally see the moment when Sting gets to call Regal "Sunshine" back.

I'd like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1