DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2022

matt925

33 minutes ago, matt925 said:

There it is. Honestly no clue why they’d do a live rampage two days later. Just focus on one event. 

Either they have something huge planned for Rampage or they think their first west coast trip is a big enough deal to sell out two LA shows (which it probably is).

• Like 1

Bummer the "West Coast Tour" is just 2 shows in SoCal. Would love to see them make it up to the Northwest. All this talk on TV about Piper in Portland, I'd love to see MJF come here to get booed out of the building, or a Darby/Danielson homecoming show in Seattle. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

Bummer the "West Coast Tour" is just 2 shows in SoCal. Would love to see them make it up to the Northwest. All this talk on TV about Piper in Portland, I'd love to see MJF come here to get booed out of the building, or a Darby/Danielson homecoming show in Seattle. 

I think this is just the start of the west coast announcements. I’m looking forward to Bay Area myself. 

Since he's back, Chris Dickenson would be a great get too. 

And you know, this doesn't have to be a one-way street. You know them and/or other indies are gonna book around those cards so having AEW talent show up on their shows would be fun too. 

Aside from all that a promotional battle even for one night only would be fun. Hell just a 5-on-5 match would work. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 2/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, Sammo~! said:

I’d probably go to both shows

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

AEW is already looking ahead building young stars in Darby Allin, MJF, Dr Britt Baker, Sammy Guevara etc whereas WWE hasn't so rely on bringing old names back in Goldberg, Steve Austin and Vince McMahon.

I've had a really good feel watching the shows recently because, even tho you have the usual superstars in Mox, Bryan, Punk, etc. I think Darby and MJF could be given the top title at any time and it wouldn't feel out of place.

Sammy is also doing great at the TNT Title level, what they've been doing with Wardlow is clearly working and he's getting veryover, Hobbs and Dante are having great lower card matches and killing it to great reactions, Jungle Boy is getting better by the day, Eddie feels like a massive star even tho he never wins, etc.

Even with the influx of top talent in the past year it has really felt like lots of these younger guys are hitting their stride around the same time.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 4

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
3 minutes ago, eikerir said:

I've had a really good feel watching the shows recently because, even tho you have the usual superstars in Mox, Bryan, Punk, etc. I think Darby and MJF could be given the top title at any time and it wouldn't feel out of place.

Sammy is also doing great at the TNT Title level, what they've been doing with Wardlow is clearly working and he's getting veryover, Hobbs and Dante are having great lower card matches and killing it to great reactions, Jungle Boy is getting better by the day, Eddie feels like a massive star even tho he never wins, etc.

Even with the influx of top talent in the past year it has really felt like lots of these younger guys are hitting their stride around the same time.

True, hopefully the young lads go from strength to strength. Keeping hold of them when WWE comes sniffing will be vital.