DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics

Thinking about it, is the CYN that dissimilar, on paper atl least, when they tried doing that Underground thing on RAW?

taking the politics aside for a second, is someone trying to do a “Fight Club” gimmick promotion, in its own world and diegesis, any different than “made for TV” wrestling concepts than wrestling society X or the Jeff Katz thing or Lucha Underground?

I don’t necessarily want to watch any of them, but I don’t think the idea is so radical, as it were. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Thinking about it, is the CYN that dissimilar, on paper atl least, when they tried doing that Underground thing on RAW?

taking the politics aside for a second, is someone trying to do a “Fight Club” gimmick promotion, in its own world and diegesis, any different than “made for TV” wrestling concepts than wrestling society X or the Jeff Katz thing or Lucha Underground?

I don’t necessarily want to watch any of them, but I don’t think the idea is so radical, as it were. 

Thats definitely a fair assessment when you take some of the things CYN is trying to do at face venue.

Personally, I think in 2022 if you are trying to be anything more than just another indie, doing ANYTHING to stand out and/or not pull a TNA circa 2010 and become "WWE on a budget" is at least worth trying. 

It certainly seems like the indies is full of niche promotions. I don't watch them anymore, but is having a "fight club" gimmick really "worse" than a death match promotion or, historically, inter species wrestling or chikara? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

It certainly seems like the indies is full of niche promotions. I don't watch them anymore, but is having a "fight club" gimmick really "worse" than a death match promotion or, historically, inter species wrestling or chikara? 

The problem is when it comes across less like a gimmick and more like the wrestling equivalent of a bunch of tech bros Disrupting the Paradigm.  Less Fight Club and more WeWork.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

There's already Bloodsport.  It's awesome.  Also, Paradigm kinda does this with their UWFi rules shows, and it's also really awesome.  Neither of them have Austin Aries.  

• Like 5

FOFmnFBWYAI7UgV?format=jpg&name=large

One of the best WWE shows ever, WrestleMania X thanks to ***** matches in Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart, Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart becoming WWE Champion for the second time. I still own the official VHS release even though I don't have the means to play it.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 11:32 AM, Log said:

There's already Bloodsport.  It's awesome.  Also, Paradigm kinda does this with their UWFi rules shows, and it's also really awesome.  Neither of them have Austin Aries.  

Paradigm has way too many black guys for the CYN guys' tastes.

• Haha 4