DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Frank Bruno was really good at boxing, other than the fact that when he took a hard shot to the head, his instinctual reaction was to stand perfectly still, lift his chin up and drop his hands.

Still made it to being World Heavyweight Champion though.

Homer Simpson pretty much had the same approach to boxing. 

3 hours ago, The Batboy said:

This is phenomenally sleazy even by the standards of 70's wrestling mags. Bravo.

"AT 10 YEARS OLD HE LEARNED TO THROW FIRE"!!

"HIS LAST 200 YARDS OF AGONY"!!!!

"MYSTERIOUS BLEEDER"!!!!!!!!

"MIL MASCARAS EXPOSES KUNG FU EXPERTS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but you had me at "SPECIAL APARTMENT HOUSE MIXED MATCH CHAMPIONSHIP"

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Control-Your-Narrative-1.jpg

It was full on cringe.

So EC3 waterboarded somebody? 

EDIT: And in what appears to be the back of a craft brewery? My dude, you don't have to put a bag over his head, just force him to drink the sour IPA they offer and that'll be enough torture. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So EC3 waterboarded somebody? 

EDIT: And in what appears to be the back of a craft brewery? My dude, you don't have to put a bag over his head, just force him to drink the sour IPA they offer and that'll be enough torture. 

It looks A LOT like the inside room of a former punk club (Emos) in downtown Austin that has been closed and vacant for a decade. 

Full results of the show. They had between 150-200 to be fair to them. But they were only on two sides of the ring I guess. The guys they consider their developmental guys surrounded the ring all night and pounded on the cavas for big moments. They describe is as a "fight club like feel". The links are from some site called Yardbarker? I will let that linger instead of beating the dead horse lol

Orlando, Florida was the destination for the inaugural Control Your Narrative event as Tin Roof at Icon Park hosted numerous matches featuring high-profile talent.

Check out the full results from the show below.

• Eli Perez defeated AJZ
  • August Artois, Kastle, and Ryzin defeated Jake Logan, X, and Valentino
  • Kaydin Pierre defeated Vinny Pacifico
  • Fodder defeated Westin Blake
  • Big Damo defeated Jamie Stanley
  • Blake Troop defeated Johnny Radke
  • Austin Aries defeated Abraham Khan
  • Adam Scherr & EC3 defeated The Righteous (Vincent & William)

Braun entrance Spoilered for size.

Spoiler

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh, FFS. Emos being ran by Control your fucking Narrative... boy that would be sad. They should have erupted into fire whenever they stepped through the threshold. 

I don't think it's there, it just really looks like the inside room. 

If you didn't know the Emos name was bought by C3, the huge concert/event promotion group, and they opened up a new place in a different part of town with the same name and a totally different vibe. The building just sits empty, although it was used during SXSW for a while. My lottery dream for years was to buy the building and turn it back into a venue.

• Sad 1