DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics

Blousons Noirs (Claude Gessat/Marcel Manneveau) vs Jacky Corn/Gass Doukhan

Noirs were such a great heel act. Not long after this, a fan tries to attack the REF! for not doing a better job and they let the good guys take over again for a bit to cool things off.

oZnork.gif

And here's Manneveau stooging like a king.

57wkGA.gif

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6

qLkuFJw.jpg

fD4gYYR.jpg

KrQG0YQ.jpg

OK. Lets see if I can explain this. Meat in Japanese is "niku."

The numbers 2 and nine are " ni" and "kyu" more or less.

So the 29th is meat day, and to celebrate Mos Burger in Japan is offering special Okada Kazuchika collaboration burgers on April May and June 29th. 

If I manage to get one, I'll let you know about it. Maybe in the merch or food threads.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Well there's a thread topic.

my first thought is it's gotta be New Jack almost killing Vic Grimes, right?

I'm going to nominate Mike Awesome allowing Masato Tanaka, who is barely taller than the top rope, to powerbomb him over the top rope. 

tanaka.gif

Edited by supremebve
Added the gif
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

It wasn't until years later I learned Tojo used to work as PY Chang/Chong/Chung and the name they gave Phil Hickerson was a nod to Tojo. 

On Phil's podcast him and somebody else were going through Kendo Nagasaki (the Japanese one)'s career and said that Dusty at one point billed him as Chang Chung. The non-Phil guy did a Dusty impersonation and said "I SEE YO NAME IN BIG LIGHTH... CHANG CHUNG." I about fell over. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'm going to nominate Mike Awesome allowing Masato Tanaka, who is barely taller than the top rope, to powerbomb him over the top rope. 

tanaka.gif

I love that these two guy's signature spots was just powerbombing each other out of the ring repeatedly every time they face each other. I loved that shit so much back then.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, eikerir said:

I love that these two guy's signature spots was just powerbombing each other out of the ring repeatedly every time they face each other. I loved that shit so much back then.

Same,  I loved those unnecessarily brutal ass matches. It wasn't just the power bombs,  it was the to rope chair shots,  the tornado DDTs on a pile of chairs,  and all the tables. 17 year old me couldn't get enough. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Same,  I loved those unnecessarily brutal ass matches. It wasn't just the power bombs,  it was the to rope chair shots,  the tornado DDTs on a pile of chairs,  and all the tables. 17 year old me couldn't get enough. 

The top rope chair shots are randomly replayed In my head because they were so satisfying to watch. It helped that the ECW ring sounded like a shotgun was fired every time they hit each other.

4 hours ago, Gordlow said:

qLkuFJw.jpg

fD4gYYR.jpg

KrQG0YQ.jpg

OK. Lets see if I can explain this. Meat in Japanese is "niku."

The numbers 2 and nine are " ni" and "kyu" more or less.

So the 29th is meat day, and to celebrate Mos Burger in Japan is offering special Okada Kazuchika collaboration burgers on April May and June 29th. 

If I manage to get one, I'll let you know about it. Maybe in the merch or food threads.

You're a better man than I, Gorda Din. So many jalapenos...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

On Phil's podcast him and somebody else were going through Kendo Nagasaki (the Japanese one)'s career and said that Dusty at one point billed him as Chang Chung. The non-Phil guy did a Dusty impersonation and said "I SEE YO NAME IN BIG LIGHTH... CHANG CHUNG." I about fell over. 

I think Chang Chung wrestles one of the early WCCW Star Wars shows that’s on YT. When I saw the name, I had to look up who that was. 

• Like 1

Cena learned from Dwayne that you’ve truly crossed over when you can cynically patronize other professional wrestlers on social media to that degree and it’ll mostly be interpreted as charming and heartfelt.