DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Can we talk about what a complete fucking lunatic this boy was

I just watched this the other day, based on the Youtube algorithm's (correct!) assumption that I would be into it. Not even counting the horrific botch by La Resistance where Spike's head bounces off the side of a table, it's a collection of complete anarchy. I can't imagine anyone being allowed to pinball bump these days with the kind of "Fuck it, I'll survive" approach Spike had. I think he also really did a neat trick where despite his size and his use mainly as a crash-test dummy, he always felt legit. He always seemed like he could hang through sheer toughness, and could absolutely score a win after taking a beating in a way Marko Stunt or Colin Delaney never did. There's a lot of art to his masochism!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, The Idiot King said:

I just watched this the other day, based on the Youtube algorithm's (correct!) assumption that I would be into it. Not even counting the horrific botch by La Resistance where Spike's head bounces off the side of a table, it's a collection of complete anarchy. I can't imagine anyone being allowed to pinball bump these days with the kind of "Fuck it, I'll survive" approach Spike had. I think he also really did a neat trick where despite his size and his use mainly as a crash-test dummy, he always felt legit. He always seemed like he could hang through sheer toughness, and could absolutely score a win after taking a beating in a way Marko Stunt or Colin Delaney never did. There's a lot of art to his masochism!

There was one bump in the Mike Awesome match where Awesome countered the Acid Drop and launched him out of the ring at a crazy ass angle and he looked like dropped off the face of the earth.  That was always my answer to biggest guilty pleasure match.  I don't know if it was a good match, but I always thought it was a great spectacle.  Spike did a lot to get Awesome's size over as  a monster, especially when he got to WCW or WWE and looked like a regular ass dude on the roster.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

What is Spike up to these days?

Got out of wrestling and if I recall correctly went back to teaching.

E: googled it and apparently he's a financial planner

Edited by Zimbra

14 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Can we talk about what a complete fucking lunatic this boy was

I think we all have a few of these stored in our memory that we always remember, but watching it cut like this it's crazy to see how often he let people just fucking murder him. Had a quick Google and it's even crazier that he only ever got injured a couple of times in his career.

• Like 1