DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling Discussion

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

The 80s sucked, and I will die on this hill, I don't care. Come at me brahs.

Wrestling is like one of the few things about the '80s that didn't suck, IMO.

• Like 3

Uh, the 80s were awesome.  It was the first time I ever knew the tender touch of a lady.  The best time for wrestling was YESTERDAY.  Did y;all SEE Dynamite.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Owen's sobbing would have been what I remember except that Bret upstaged him at the end there with the glare.

Bret's 1997 is still one of my four or five favorite wrestler years even with the ignominious ending to it. Up there with Rude '92 for me. Geez, what else would I put in that top five? I need to think about that. 

Good question.

Bret Hart, 1997.

Kenta Kobashi, 2004.

Samoa Joe, 2005.

Bryan Danielson, 2006.

Daniel Bryan, 2013.

10 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

1997 is the best year in the history of wrestling. WWE digging it's self out of the Doink / TL Hopper / Duke The Dumpster era with the excellent Bret Hart anti USA stuff. Nitro hitting it's stride with dope cruiserweights and the Sting / nWo story. ECW stirring shit up with Sabu & RVD & Sandman & Taz.

Maybe it's nostalgia but fuck man... is 1997 the greatest year ever for US pro wrestling??? By the way, I won't accept no for an answer lol.

1997 is my pick for Greatest Year Ever in Wrestling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Casey said:

The 80s sucked, and I will die on this hill, I don't care. Come at me brahs.

Spoken like someone who was not around to enjoy the '80s, man.

However, I peaked very early and it has been down hill ever since, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Wrestling in the '80s was great for me because I was seeing everything with fresh eyes, and I will stack the good NWA TV on TBS against any product from anywhere/when else.

Casey, are you another 1997 mark patron?

• Like 1