DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling Discussion

You have to Inception it into his head. "He's (Cody) like this because of your influence, you made him into this. Now you can show it off under your control".

Man, now I want a WWE style Inception movie, going into Vince's dreams to like, save Wrestlemania. It'd be like A Serbian Film but with fart jokes.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

well, duh. "the American Nightmare" Cody has relevance in 2022. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes never did. one will make an impact (noTNA) and one will be viewed as a warning sign to any other former WWE wrestler.

of course, he won't be able to cut his solid but meandering promos, so much of that impact will dissipate quickly. 

Didn't they let AJ Styles be who he wants to be?

Anyway hopefully Triple H is ok health wise. I know he is doing small business stuff and talent scouting legit sports guys. But he hasn't been hands on for creative for a while.

10 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Triple H said he will never wrestle again. He has a heart defibrillator.

The craziest fucking thing is that is ejection fraction (the percentage of blood in your heart that gets squeezed out when it pumps) was 12!  12!!!  That is like your heart basically not working at all.

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

The craziest fucking thing is that is ejection fraction (the percentage of blood in your heart that gets squeezed out when it pumps) was 12!  12!!!  That is like your heart basically not working at all.

He had blood coming out of his mouth.

The full interview will air later on ESPN+

• Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Ace said:

Presentation was a good 50% of what turned people against Cody.

I really think they could have done something interesting with the dissonance from his giving "I'm just a man of the people" promos after coming out of his special little elevator that no one else gets to use, but they didn't seem interested in exploring that at all.

• Like 1

A Genetic Heart disorder, eh? Just like all those other wrestlers who also had superhumanly muscular physiques. What an unusual coincidence, that so many people with genetic heart conditions would all go into the same sport.

Of course, this does mean that Vince's grandchildren (by Trips and Steph) now also have a 50% chance of also having genetic heart disorders. Because genetics, innit?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

Of course, this does mean that Vince's grandchildren (by Trips and Steph) now also have a 50% chance of also having genetic heart disorders. Because genetics, innit?

And the Steiner genetic freaks have a 133 1/3% chance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/24/2022 at 12:34 AM, Casey said:

I'm reading through the EC3 AMA, and ohhhhh boy. Supposedly doesn't know 88 is a Neo-Nazi dogwhistle (even though he used that very specific number to make a "joke" about the rumor of the MyPillow guy funding CYN), defends Austin Aries sexually assaulting another wrestler's girlfriend backstage, and... disavows communism( ????) (along with your boilerplate "I do not condone racism, sexism, transphobia, nationalism, etc" statement).

Just a really weird fucking dude (who is obviously lying about a lot of things), a weird fucking promotion filled with weird fucking people, and I hope Marina Shafir doesn't attach herself to this stupid shit now that she's being used in AEW and has a little mini-push going.

This whole EC3 CYN thing is a bit baffling.  I'd love for somebody to set aside their like/dislike of his in ring work and character and fairly breakdown this story.  I read his AMA responses as honest, but as I said I'm not up on this.  Facing critics directly is also hard not to read as kinda admirable.  The Austin Aries involvement is certainly not going to gain any promotion (how ya doing Pumpkin Billy?) any good will.  So, no sympathy for the questions that raises.  I'm thankful for knowledge of the number 88's hateful connotation - I don't find it hard to believe somebody else was unaware.  So is this more than a witch hunt by ppl who think EC3 is an idiot and an asshole? 

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

A Genetic Heart disorder, eh? Just like all those other wrestlers who also had superhumanly muscular physiques. What an unusual coincidence, that so many people with genetic heart conditions would all go into the same sport.

My first thought as well.  Yes, genetics.  Of course.

• Like 1

Scary stuff for Hunter there. Can only imagine what his daughters went through. Just awful. Definitely sounds like it's maybe time to enjoy his money and retirement even from the corporate setting. 

Also, c'mon with the steroid jokes. We all know what the business was in the 2000s. We gonna start making jokes about Eddy next?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

This whole EC3 CYN thing is a bit baffling.  I'd love for somebody to set aside their like/dislike of his in ring work and character and fairly breakdown this story.  I read his AMA responses as honest, but as I said I'm not up on this.  Facing critics directly is also hard not to read as kinda admirable.  The Austin Aries involvement is certainly not going to gain any promotion (how ya doing Pumpkin Billy?) any good will.  So, no sympathy for the questions that raises.  I'm thankful for knowledge of the number 88's hateful connotation - I don't find it hard to believe somebody else was unaware.  So is this more than a witch hunt by ppl who think EC3 is an idiot and an asshole? 

Your willingness to always give potential bad actors the benefit of the doubt and take them at their word offers cover to real bad actors. People who are playing his dumb game know better than to admit what they're doing. At a minimum, he's an edgelord who understands what he's courting. 

• Like 9

I find myself tempted to eulogize Hunter already. It's such an interesting arc. The designated driver for the clique who found his way into production meetings, married the boss' daughter,  watched all of his peers eclipse him in mainstream fame, ended up with a gift basket from the audience that had reviled him, and finally fell in just about every way possible.

• Like 6