DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling Discussion

I'm reading through the EC3 AMA, and ohhhhh boy. Supposedly doesn't know 88 is a Neo-Nazi dogwhistle (even though he used that very specific number to make a "joke" about the rumor of the MyPillow guy funding CYN), defends Austin Aries sexually assaulting another wrestler's girlfriend backstage, and... disavows communism( ????) (along with your boilerplate "I do not condone racism, sexism, transphobia, nationalism, etc" statement).

Just a really weird fucking dude (who is obviously lying about a lot of things), a weird fucking promotion filled with weird fucking people, and I hope Marina Shafir doesn't attach herself to this stupid shit now that she's being used in AEW and has a little mini-push going.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

All Pale to Bobby:

Dennis, Stan, Koko, Keirn, Arn, Regal. (And George Gulas) 

Regardless of how many awesome tag teams Bobby was in, all the others pale.

8 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Kevin Sullivan appearing on reality shows and indy wrestling and kinda looking more sinister now than he did in the 80s is really a weird hustle.

There's gotta be reasons other than the Radicals in 2000 or Nancy or Benoit Conspiracy nutters that have kept Sullivan from doing anything with the WWE over the last 20 years. Like, he crossed Kevin Dunn's dad in the WWWF or he did Triple H wrong in 1994 or whatever. It's not like they're offering him a legends deal and a HOF induction and he'd rather work Texas indies instead?

Did Kevin Sullivan ever do any business with Vince?

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Kevin Sullivan appearing on reality shows and indy wrestling and kinda looking more sinister now than he did in the 80s is really a weird hustle.

There's gotta be reasons other than the Radicals in 2000 or Nancy or Benoit Conspiracy nutters that have kept Sullivan from doing anything with the WWE over the last 20 years. Like, he crossed Kevin Dunn's dad in the WWWF or he did Triple H wrong in 1994 or whatever. It's not like they're offering him a legends deal and a HOF induction and he'd rather work Texas indies instead?

Maybe Vince didn't want to break kayfabe since Ken Patera "broke" Sullivan's neck in 1977.

• Like 1

I had a dream last night that I went to a dinner party at Cody and Brandi Rhodes' house (boy, I'm spending too much time on this board), and their new side hustle was selling board games. They had a big old stack of games in their living room that they were sorting through to see which ones they could sell.

They tried to get me to buy one but I said "no, no, it's only snakes and ladders".

Okay, I made that last bit up, but the rest is true.

Edited by Yo-Yo's Roomie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Bob Holly has to be one of the most prolific tag team members in WWE/F history.

-with 1-2-3 Kid (incredibly short lived but they actually held the tag titles for one day)

-with Crash Holly

-with Bart Gunn as The New Midnight Express

-with Billy Gunn as mentioned above

-with Val Venis (a really underrated short lived tag team, imo)

-with Cody Rhodes (I didn't watch WWE at this time, but apparently they held the tag titles for a while)

-he was in that JOB Squad stable as well

Who else constantly cycled through tag partners?

He also teamed with Jannetty for a while, right?

4 minutes ago, Log said:

He also teamed with Jannetty for a while, right?

I don't see anything about such a team, though they might have been on a Survivor Series team together? The 123 Kid also had a week long tag title reign with Jannetty which might be what you're thinking of.

17 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Bob Holly has to be one of the most prolific tag team members in WWE/F history.

-with 1-2-3 Kid (incredibly short lived but they actually held the tag titles for one day)

-with Crash Holly

-with Bart Gunn as The New Midnight Express

-with Billy Gunn as mentioned above

-with Val Venis (a really underrated short lived tag team, imo)

-with Cody Rhodes (I didn't watch WWE at this time, but apparently they held the tag titles for a while)

-he was in that JOB Squad stable as well

Who else constantly cycled through tag partners?

Holly had a nice little team with Charlie Haas between his Gunn run and Cody

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So not to change the conversation but somebody did a wrestling version of Wordle.  https://itrwrestling.com/word-rumble/  I's surprisingly tougher than I expected but if you like Wordle then here you go.

This thing recognizes proper nouns, but it doesn't recognize

Spoiler

Mulkey

as a legit possible answer, SMH.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I don't see anything about such a team, though they might have been on a Survivor Series team together? The 123 Kid also had a week long tag title reign with Jannetty which might be what you're thinking of.

I am thinking of the Jannetty/Kid team. 

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So not to change the conversation but somebody did a wrestling version of Wordle.  https://itrwrestling.com/word-rumble/  I's surprisingly tougher than I expected but if you like Wordle then here you go.

I've added it to my rotation with wordle,  heardle, quordle, and octordle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1