DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling Discussion

1 minute ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Very curious about which company this will be.  They seemingly only work with NJPW but it could be a mexican run CMLL (why!!!)  Interesting. 

They don't have a partnership with CMLL, but instead AAA. And their other Japanese partner is CyberFight, who owns NOAH, Tokyo Joshi and DDT. 

34 minutes ago, Casey said:

They don't have a partnership with CMLL, but instead AAA. And their other Japanese partner is CyberFight, who owns NOAH, Tokyo Joshi and DDT. 

Don't get my hopes up that I will be able to go watch early 2000s NOAH on HBO max.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You probably won't. They don't own that footage if I recall correctly.

So, you're saying all the wrestling I really want to watch on this service won't be included?  That makes this completely and totally speculative news less interesting.  I would like to go back and watch the first year or so of AEW, since I missed a lot of it, but I'm not really interested in current NOAH, DDT, or Tokyo Joshi(is this one of the good Joshi groups?).

8 minutes ago, supremebve said:

So, you're saying all the wrestling I really want to watch on this service won't be included?  That makes this completely and totally speculative news less interesting.  I would like to go back and watch the first year or so of AEW, since I missed a lot of it, but I'm not really interested in current NOAH, DDT, or Tokyo Joshi(is this one of the good Joshi groups?).

To be fair DEAN has said good things about all three. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, supremebve said:

TJPW has its moments for sure. Miyu Yamashita is very good, and I think Maki Itoh has really improved to where her in-ring is around half of where her charisma is (which sounds like an insult but it's actually probably the best compliment I can pay her because I think her charisma is off the charts).

I'd say it depends on what you're looking for in your joshi, really.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

You probably won't. They don't own that footage if I recall correctly.

Is any of the NTV footage from either All Japan or Pro Wrestling NOAH on a streaming service? I did a cursory search on it being on the All Japan service, and it appears none of it is on that service either. I get they own the rights, but is the relationship that sour with both companies where they won't allow them to use it?

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

Some think it is

Reveal hidden contents

ROH footage

I would have the same issue here as I would have with NOAH footage.  The odds of them getting the rights to the matches I want are slim to none.  

Since the WWE/A&E deal was brought up near the start of the thread - AJ Francis (FKA Top Dollar) says that his contract to do WWE's Most Wanted Treasures was with WWE Studios and was completely separate than his wrestling contract.

He noted he signed for several seasons and would absolutely continue doing the show if asked.

I was going to post this in the podcast thread, but I figured if I did that, someone else would just post it here as well. So there you go.

• Like 1

My limited understanding of Russia is that if folks there still want to get their graps fix they can go to any local bathhouse and watch a bunch of nude rival Bratva gangsters fight. I may have only seen exactly one movie set in Russia in the past fifteen years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Slightly awkward to be releasing that statement from atop a pile of blood-stained riyals but whatever gets you through the day.

Most Americans think "the Yemen" is a sexually-transmitted disease, so yeah, they're gonna get away with one here. 

• Haha 1

Listening to people losing their shit about what a kiss ass McAfee has been on this Vince McMahon interview either shows people how little they are with the Pat McAfee show or have and are just fucking morons.  I mean seriously how have heard the last 4 months involving Aaron Rodgers?

• Like 1

I think people thought that the Vince interview was going to be spicy because it possibly could've set the table for that rumored Mania match.

But in reality, it was never going to be more than a fluff piece.

McAfee didn't get where he's at by being confrontational and asking the hard questions.  He's pretty much the sports version of Joe Rogan.  If anything, it's pretty fascinating to see Vince so relaxed and casual, cussing up a storm.