DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Ooof - they are overhauling weapon crafting again

Some early warning for folks looking to prepare for weapon crafting in Lightfall.

As part of an initiative to integrate weapon crafting into the broader core economy, we will be completely removing Resonant Elements from the game. Standard currencies such as Glimmer, Enhancement Cores, etc. will replace the Element costs that exist today.

We’ll also be removing the Deepsight attunement objective altogether.

Resonant and Harmonic Alloys will still be used at launch; however, we are planning to overhaul these currencies later in the Lightfall year. Ascendant Alloys will remain as is for now.

Much of this info is hot off the presses, so apologies for the late warning!

So spend the Resonant Elements I guess

Oh and it was buried near the end of the TWAB but they did confirm that Heist Battlegrounds will be added to the Vanguard Ops playlist (like PsiOps Battlegrounds)

That is one way to not have to create new strikes

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and it was buried near the end of the TWAB but they did confirm that Heist Battlegrounds will be added to the Vanguard Ops playlist (like PsiOps Battlegrounds)

That is one way to not have to create new strikes

PsiOps aren't a part of Vanguard Ops yet. They are getting added in like Heist come Lightfall. We will probably still see a a couple of new strikes/GM with Lightfall, but its clear they either can't or don't want to add new ones outside of expansions now. I assume its a time and resources issue.

I'm curious if they ever end up updating the old strikes like they wanted to and said they would around year ago. It was supposed to come around Lightfall time frame and yet no mention so far. 

Their use of Battlegrounds for everything combined my brain into mush

I did look at the Content Vault and I forgot that because the Elksini Quarter is going away, Spider is going away

I really hope they give some sort of explanation (hopefully involving Mara and a gun) as opposed to us just pretending the Crown of Sorrows was never on the Helm

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Their use of Battlegrounds for everything combined my brain into mush

I did look at the Content Vault and I forgot that because the Elksini Quarter is going away, Spider is going away

I really hope they give some sort of explanation (hopefully involving Mara and a gun) as opposed to us just pretending the Crown of Sorrows was never on the Helm

Depending on whether or not Misraaks is are guy again for whatever Vex network shenanigans we get up to I can see the Quarter staying. 

They mentioned at the end of Season of the Haunted it would take them months to clean up all the mess the vines & Crown made. Besides techncially it will probably be months in game between the end of Seraph and beginning of Lightfall.

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Depending on whether or not Misraaks is are guy again for whatever Vex network shenanigans we get up to I can see the Quarter staying. 

Doubtful since the DCV specifically lists the Quarter (and Spider) as leaving (they brought it up in in the TWAB - that's why I checked)

DESTINY CONTENT VAULT UPDATE
The Destiny Content Vault (DCV) Guide has been updated with information on what activities, vendors, and destinations will enter the DCV with the launch of Lightfall.

Expansion content will no longer be added to the DCV. Players can expect all Season 16-19 content to enter the DCV, excluding the Season 16 PsiOps Battlegrounds and the Season 19 Heist Battlegrounds, which will instead be added to the Vanguard Ops playlist beginning in Season 20.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Guide/dcv - that's the link directly to the Vault

I could more see Misraaks and Eramis making some sort of joint sacrifice (since we have seen that Osiris makes it to Lightfall)

• Like 1

Finally ran Vox to get Dead Messenger

I think it took less than 10 minutes as one dude was basically nuking everything with one or two shots - I was not complaining

Will need to run Master to get the catalyst

Okay some of the big things

• Next two seasons: Season of Defiance and Season of the Deep
  • No more seasonal currencies. There will now be "keys" that drop that sound like they will carry from season to season
  • When Season of the Deep hits - there will be no vendor upgrades that season AND they will not be raising the power/pinnacle cap
  • Instead of season rank you will now get Guardian Ranks
  • The overhaul of weapon crafting which you will have to read
  • TL:DR section - Abilities going down some. Enemy damage going up some
  • New Crucible map with Season of the Deep: Meltdown. (It appears it will be a different map with the same name as an older map). And then in the season before Final Shape - Citadel will return
  • They will start using an Exotic Mission Rotator - weekly rotation. Will start with Presage, Vox Obscura and Seraph Station. Will provide some sort of updated rewards.
  • Lake of Shadows and Arms Dealer have been reworked so (theoretically) folks can't nuke them anymore. Exodus Crash and The Inverted Spire will all but vanish until they are updated too. (You can play them directly but they wont be Nightfalls and will barely showup in the playlist).
  • The various battlegrounds will be added to the Nightfall play list starting with the Mars Heist Battleground for Season of Defiance
  • Exotic armor will no longer be tied to Lost Sectors and will go back to "core ritual activities"
  • Getting all 3 ritual ornaments will no longer be seasonal quests
  • The in-game Fireteam Finder won't show up now until The Final Shape
  • Like 1

Watching Cross go over this stuff right now.

Not surprised about the pinnacle/power raise being switched to expansions. It makes sense and should make things slightly less annoying as a grind for people. 

Happy they are keeping the system they used for Heist Battlegrounds in future Battleground content and adding it to Vanguard Ops. Keeps things from being laughably easy but also super hard. Not sure about them trying to up the difficulty when just traversing planets. I'm kind of fine with that being easy. Feels like there should be some comfortability there with people exploring the regular game and doing simple shit like events, patrols, etc. for glimmer and weapon training. 

Curious to see what the other new modes of Crucible are like. I like Rift though it can be a little annoying at times. Loved Fortress and kind of hope it comes back for IB. Didn't care for Eruption. Too much of the rich get richer type of situation.

The exotic mission rotator sounds ok. Not sure what the incentive will be to redo them though I suppose if Outbreak or Whisper get added back in it would be nice to finally succeed in the latter and try out the former. 

Was hoping the strike updates would come sooner than later. Didn't think they would only be tackling a couple at a time though it makes sense. Lake of Shadows and Arms Dealer weren't too hard save for a moment or two. Both excited and afraid to see how they change. Inverted Spire was laughably easy compared to every other strike/GM. It needed an update years ago. Kind of torn on Exodus Crash. The trip to the boss room isn't too difficult outside the annoyance of bike riding dregs. The actual boss room is pretty damn hard due to the swarm of enemies. I'm glad they are seemingly fine with the Devil's Lair. Was wondering if they would end up adding Battlegrounds to Nightfalls/GMs. Will be interesting to see how much they are just the legend modes we had during the seasons vs. new changes. Mar's Heist is a good and terrible choice to start with as it was easily the hardest. 

Damn, was hoping the in game LFG was coming in Lightfall. Thought it was weird how little was being said about it. Assuming nothing gets pushed back December is so far away. 

• Like 1

I noticed over the weekend on the Looking for Fireteam tab,  that they already had a label for the Season Ending event

I wonder if that means it won't having matchmaking (like last year's end event did)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I noticed over the weekend on the Looking for Fireteam tab,  that they already had a label for the Season Ending event

I wonder if that means it won't having matchmaking (like last year's end event did)

Either that or there is a legend version.

The final mission was good and straight up at legendary level. Big shit definitely happens though nothing unexpected.

Spoiler

Kind of surprised Eramis is still alive. Guess they are saving her death and potential Guardian rebirth for a big moment over the next year. Rasputin had the heroic death I expected. Wasn't expecting the Traveler to once again try and run like a bitch. More and more I keep thinking that big ball of white can fuck itself. Excited for Lightfall, especially since their reveal of Season of Defiance more or less reveals the Shadow Legion attack is seemingly is happening on Earth as well as Neomuna. Curious who erased Rasputin's files since apparently it wasn't him. 

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Is it matchmade?

Nope, I assume the tab in Fireteams is because of the legendary setting. Its at 1350, but even at the lowest level there are those who have trouble or need another person or two to help in legend mode. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

The final mission was good and straight up at legendary level. Big shit definitely happens though nothing unexpected.

Reveal hidden contents

Kind of surprised Eramis is still alive. Guess they are saving her death and potential Guardian rebirth for a big moment over the next year. Rasputin had the heroic death I expected. Wasn't expecting the Traveler to once again try and run like a bitch. More and more I keep thinking that big ball of white can fuck itself. Excited for Lightfall, especially since their reveal of Season of Defiance more or less reveals the Shadow Legion attack is seemingly is happening on Earth as well as Neomuna. Curious who erased Rasputin's files since apparently it wasn't him. 

I've kept up with the story despite not playing because of goddamned Byf and his manic upload schedule.

Spoiler

I figured that Eramis was bugfuck crazy, but I didn't think that treason would enter the picture.  I don't think the Traveler was showing signs of cowardice.  More like trying to survive.   If you believe all of the stuff the Witness and the Shadow say, the Traveler has nowhere else to run and no allies other than humanity which is why the Guardians and the citizens of the Last City are always the targets of the bad guy's machinations. 

Once we're gone, there's no one else to pass the Light on to.  I guess that's why the plan seems to be to cause a second Collapse.

The Traveler depends on us for survival as much as the Last City and the Guardians depend on it.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I also would love for someone in Bungie to say when it was they knew they were going to be able to tie things back to the original Destiny artwork

Because there is no fucking way it was the full 10 years