DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

What? Gonna need a bit more deail on this.

Nevermind

Apparently there is this Twitter Meme - where someone claims Ortega said something in an interview about a video game.

So they did one last night where it was "Ortega posted on Instagram that she can't wait for the Spider armor" (something like that) and obviously the Destiny community fell for it.

There a ton of posts referencing other video games that are similar

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:25 AM, RIPPA said:

We also learned yesterday that Jenna Ortega plays Destiny

That might be the thing that gets JT back

God fucking dammit.  If Jenna Ortega joined the DVDVR clan or sent us invites to join hers, I'd reinstall immediately and grind to max light despite the state of D2 being total shit.  D3 development should have begun years ago.  D2's code bloat is unsustainable.

Who am I kidding though?  Jenna undoubtedly belongs to some streamer clan like Datto's or Aztec's.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:46 AM, RIPPA said:

Decided to finish my placement matches in Comp just so I could get Rose (I had 4 more to go)

Lord Crucible is such a shitshow right now. I almost decided not to because first match in a dude on my side dropped out immediately so we played 2 v 3 (real helpful when you are doing ranking matches 🙄)

The rest were fine to good. I forgot that Rift was a comp possibility so my final match was Rift which startled me. Thankfully the other team had no clue how to play the mode so that game was a mercy fairly quick

Highlight for me was the one match where we went to the Tiebreaking Round 7 and I eliminated all three guys while capturing the point

Finished in Silver III which I am not gonna complain about at all

I haven't done anything PvP wise in months.  I am probably so unbelievably rusty right now.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like a Glaive that freezes dudes combined with a Stasis build is gonna break something

The exotic LMG is probably another reason why they semi-nerfed volatile rounds. If the Retrofit/Gyrfalcon combo was breaking things like it seemed I can't even guess how bad it would have been with DC there. As Hunter it admittedly makes me happy thought to see another weapon that synergizes with Gyrfalcon. Probably the first LMG since Xenophage that will seemingly be for boss damage. 

Going to guess that glaive is harder to work with for PvP than it seems at first glance. Same with the Hunter extoic though that is the one that I assume will piss people off once talented PvP Hunter snipers become a thing. I'm more curious how much damage resist it has. Feels like Titans got the better exotic armor this time around.

• Like 1

Just saw Aztecross vid on this.

The linear nerf isn't too bad but definitely enough to make people consider other weapons.

The LMG buff is nice and makes me think even more the Retrofit/Gyrfalcon/volatile combo was nerfed because of the coming buff and DC exotic. 

The GL buff is nice though poor Parasite was left out. Probably for the best as its nuke at full power and can easily kill you as well if you aren't careful. Cross pointed out Anarchy wasn't mentioned so it might be a beast again with this buff. 

The Kinetic changes sound good.

The extoic updates are great. Leviathan doing Volatile is neat. Sunshot getting scorched added gives me such joy. Prometheus Lens can also finally compete again with Retraced Path with ignitions added. The Two-Tailed Fox changes make me think it might be viable for all champions. 

The Veist nerf is disappointing but somewhat sensible. 

More and more these changes/buffs do make me wonder if PvE for Lightfall is going to get a bit crazy in terms of enemy density. 

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The GL buff is nice though poor Parasite was left out. Probably for the best as its nuke at full power and can easily kill you as well if you aren't careful. Cross pointed out Anarchy wasn't mentioned so it might be a beast again with this buff. 

• Haha 1

And it turns out the new stasis glaive is a heavy weapon. Figured they wouldn't introduce something like that without there being a catch. That should keep it from being a PvP beast though I'm curious just how strong it is in PvE.

Finally did some IB. Supposedly they turned on Fireteam matchmaking, but it feels like bs to me based on how my matches have gone so far. Would have preferred the freelance stick around or SBMM. They should have tested Fireteam matchmaking on non-IB weeks

I don't know if I am just lucky or what but I have faced far fewer Time Lords this time around

I definitely am lucky in that I am winning almost every match and part of that is I keep facing more and more people who are either just AFK farming or have never played/don't care about this game mode

The amount of dudes who make no effort to capture zones - especially the high stake one - that I am facing is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

Finally did two resets of IB. Even enjoying Fortress as much as I do that shit is kind of draining until you have completed the challenges for rank boost. I am happy to at least have the chain mail shader. Come Lightfall I will probably spend the first hour or two just messing with builds and looks to save into the new loadout feature.

Have to say I really do enjoy Fortress even as much as I get frustrated at times. That said, I still have no idea why I'm much more aggressive style wise with it than others game modes. Can't really complain though as I end up the top player overall 70-80% of the time.

Will say hitting up Disjunction a few times does make me wish they would regulate certain maps to certain modes. Disjunction makes sense for Rift, but is fucking terrible for Fortress. Actually with a mode like Fortress running around they really do need to some minor increase of Hunter movement. That shit just isn't fair right now with how much importance speed sort of has during the scorpius turret segment. 

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

Have to say I really do enjoy Fortress even as much as I get frustrated at times. That said, I still have no idea why I'm much more aggressive style wise with it than others game modes. Can't really complain though as I end up the top player overall 70-80% of the time.

It is the nature of the game mode that forces you to be aggressive - especially if your team is behind.

Unlike regular PvP were you can make up for a zone disadvantage by being a killing beast - in this mode you have to be attacking the zones

• Like 1

Seeing the trailer and Aztecross break things down was interesting. Strand is clearly designed mostly with Warlocks in mind sans the grapple which was likely done to make up for jump puzzle shit they have put Hunters through for years. It does sound like its meant to synergize more than other subclasses as far as group usage goes. Also thinking/fearing the more and more I hear there is going to be some sort of skill gap compared to other subclasses, be that in PvE or PvP. I think it might end up particularly annoying for Hunters. 

• Like 1

There is a PC Gamer article with interviews with some Devs about Lightfall/Strand that folks are also responding with (along with the stuff on Bungie's website)

https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-dev-on-why-strand-is-the-high-apm-class-and-theyre-a-bit-scared-of-it/

This part made me giggle

Bungie really hopes Strand isn't going to be a huge nightmare in PVP 

Obviously we all remember what happened last time Destiny 2 got a new subclass. "Stasis shipped with a five-second stun in PVP," says Smith, with a rueful smile. "It was hard crowd control. You got frozen and couldn't really fight back. Here we wanted to avoid that. When you get suspended [with Strand] in PVP you still have some movement control—you can fight back by shooting in hip-fire, and it doesn't feel as helpless when you get hit with [the Suspend] debuff." Smith says that one of the big problems with making a whole new damage type, and associated subclass, is that Bungie is trying to build a box at the same type as deciding what should go in it. That can make it hard to foresee outcomes. 

"We're totally fine saying Stasis is the domain of the hard stun, whereas Strand we attacked it more as a 'root' initially and then iterated," says Yanes. "We wanted to come up with something clever enough to make you feel like Spider-Man while you're playing in Neomuna, but in PVP not make somebody want to toss their controller." He also hopes that Strand won't be the only dominant flavour in PVP when Lightfall launches, but conceded it may still be just because it's the new hotness and players will be excited. "We're pretty happy with how it's playing right now. Ask us in four weeks and maybe that answer is different."

• Like 1

They did another pre-twab article, this time going over light subclass ability changes. They never confirmed elemental well and charged with light mods dead, but with that mod extra slot on armor going away that does seem to be the case going off of this article. We are a getting a bunch of new fragments and updated fragments that are clearly replacements for those mods. It annoys me just a pinch since as nice as much of it sounds its doubtful they are adding in extra slots on Aspects to use this stuff. The updated abilities will be fine, but I think it will be more annoying to find a good spot for newer ones that don't force a decent build change. 

Well and Bubble are getting more PvP nerfs but seem to be fine in PvE. Warlock Solar supers that damage are getting a buff in PvE.

The changes coming with void abilities make Gyrfalcon even better which makes me think we are so seeing a nerf sometime late in the year. It will annoy me when the time comes since the extra battle power is still far from breaking anything in endgame activities like GMs.