DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Just listened to a breakdown of that by Aztecross and am listening to one from Datto right now. So much of it sounds good, but I can't help but feel I'm probably getting a little fucked as Hunter who uses Powerful Friends to increase mobility at all times. 

Edit: Will say I am going to miss Warmind Cells, especially after we finally got new Ikelos variants. Also this all but confirms Rasputin is totally dying in the finale of the season. 

Edited by Eivion

Well that's fucking annoying

Did a Legend run and couldn't find the schematic - it turns out that the dude who was the Fireteam leader was only on step II so the schematic for him showed but not ours.

Plus I tried to go behind the door but the other dudes pulled me forward before I could finish

So that was a waste of a hour

Sorry to hear that. I hate when guys pull people ahead. Hadn't heard anything about about the fireteam leader locking out others from aschematic if they are behind. I actually found the second schematic before the first when I got it a couple of weeks back. 

Edited by Eivion

If you use Twitter - a new Destiny account to follow

It appears that this goes hand in hand with dmg leaving (as dmg tweeted that they constantly got feedback that there were too many places giving out info - so now seemed like the proper time to started it)

Sounds like they are reverting a lot of changes that annoyed PvP players. Actually it sounds like the plan was for many of those original changes to be temporary in the first place while they slowly worked their way to balance things out the past year or two. Will be interesting to see how the players react.

My Legend runs are cursed this week

I have tried twice more and both times we have gotten the Servitor not spawning bug because no one can fucking go slow in this god damn game

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Servitor? I thought the weekly NF was Acadian Valley. The Servitor was last week.

Legend Seraph Station for the last catalyst 

I finally got it on my third try today

I then did a run on normal with my Warlock to get my dog (My Warlock build melts things so its so much quicker than doing it on my Titan)

• Like 1

Ah that makes more sense to me now. Didn't realize the legend version of Seraph had such a big bug. I do wish some would slow down.

I actually did get the final catalyst on Thursday I think though I had to make the run twice. Had to stop halfway during the first run because the guy I was two-manning it with didn't finish the first part of the quest that has you running around planets killing enemies and doing a lost sector. I wasn't even mad at the dude, just disappointed. Can't judge him too harshly as I think I made that mistake the first time I ran legend. Will say both of those runs did annoy me due to how much easier they were with me running Arc. Like I'm glad its viable, but it sort of sucks as an invis Hunter that the subclass I liked the least is now without question the best. Like I'm happy its good, but dammit, even non-nerfed volatile Gyrfalcon builds were not THAT good.

Edited by Eivion

I have been running Bubble Titan for the survivability of teammates (I also tweaked my Void build to make things more volatile)

It also helped that I am not forced to use Revision Zero anymore during the mission

Witherhoard so much more helpful

• Like 1

yeah - they are going to have to roll back the yesterday's patch and they still haven't announced when the game will be back

The last update said they hoped to deploy the fix between 6 - 7 AM (EST) but that could change (and clearly has)

So this has rightfully lead to a lot of worrying (again) that there is no way this game is going be able to survive for two more years

Wednesday has become the day to drop major Lightfall news so yesterday was about the changing Economy

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/season-20-legacy-focusing

Being able to focus for older stuff is nice considering how much old stuff I missed for my Hunter but the thing I really care about is how Umbral Engrams are no more

EDIT - oh and that Ada is gonna start selling Shaders

Nice to see them making this year's armor vote for Festival class based. Hunter got screwed hard the previous two because the armors that won kind of sucked for us while it looked good for Warlocks and Titans. Of course when this finally happens they deliver armor that is so good I honestly don't give fuck which wins. 

Deep Sight unlocks are turning daily for everything in the HELM. Nice of them to add a way to catch up before the expansion. 

Yeah - I think they realized that unlike all the previous seasons that kept going after they finished, this ends with the year end and there was no way folks could get all the patterns without playing like 12 hours a day

I mean I have almost all the season patterns done but I think I only have one Ikelos pattern

Not counting DSC I think I have around 7/10 of this season's craftable weapons. And so far I have only had the time and ability to masterwork one of them in Disparity which is mostly due to it being a goto for the first IB this season. I'm happy for the change just because it means I might be able to masterwork 2-3 more before the season ends. They really need to increase the amount and cap for Resonant Elements or decrease the amount needed for enhanced perks.

Decided to finish my placement matches in Comp just so I could get Rose (I had 4 more to go)

Lord Crucible is such a shitshow right now. I almost decided not to because first match in a dude on my side dropped out immediately so we played 2 v 3 (real helpful when you are doing ranking matches 🙄)

The rest were fine to good. I forgot that Rift was a comp possibility so my final match was Rift which startled me. Thankfully the other team had no clue how to play the mode so that game was a mercy fairly quick

Highlight for me was the one match where we went to the Tiebreaking Round 7 and I eliminated all three guys while capturing the point

Finished in Silver III which I am not gonna complain about at all

• Like 1