DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

If you get lucky with his AI there are times where it gets easy. Like at one point in our fight - he wandered behind the back stairs and just chilled there for awhile - so we could just pound him with damage but he couldn't hit us.

Probably the toughest part of the fight (besides the limited lives) - is having to grab the suppressor buff

I just ran my first Legend Heist and... it felt almost exactly the same as the regular one. I got a red bordered glaive so that was nice

• Like 1

The only thing making Legend Heists harder are the shields and extra health for bosses. Otherwise there isn't too much difference as the same annoyances can take place in either (not killing champs and Deathongues fast enough). 

I watched that last night and had a good chuckle.

Byf made reference a couple of weeks ago to Kelgorath's return and I am still not sure if it is bemusement or irritation that that idiot keeps getting 2nd chances

I did one IB "Eruption" match

Definitely need to figure out how it works more.

It seems like a couple of times a match - a drop pod comes in with 3 Scorpius turrets. That because a "high value zone" while the other 3 go away

Even just with one match - I realized this season is gonna be very very bubble Titan heavy.

There were at least 7 in this match - including 4 on the other team. (I have never been a match period with this many Titans - it was either 10 or 11 of the players were Titans)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh no...

Oh no oh no oh no....

What is this about?

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did one IB "Eruption" match

Definitely need to figure out how it works more.

It seems like a couple of times a match - a drop pod comes in with 3 Scorpius turrets. That because a "high value zone" while the other 3 go away

Even just with one match - I realized this season is gonna be very very bubble Titan heavy.

There were at least 7 in this match - including 4 on the other team. (I have never been a match period with this many Titans - it was either 10 or 11 of the players were Titans)

I recently saw a vid from Aztec talking about abilities still being an issue in Crucible, but what I find is its less abilities in general and more just Titans right now that are too overpowered with Bubble and barricades. As much bitching as people did about invis Hunters I never saw them cause anywhere near as much trouble. Always felt more like an annoyance for streamers than anything legit. Meanwhile trials and PvP are being terrorized by Titan barricades and bubbles. Noticeably there is less bitching despite acknowledgement of it being an issue by streamers compared to Hunter invis, jumping, & Stomp-EE5. 

32 minutes ago, Eivion said:

What is this about?

After you run the Heist Battleground for this week - there is a conversation between Ana and Elise that worries me that something bad is gonna happen to someone (I am assuming everyone will get the same conversation)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

After you run the Heist Battleground for this week - there is a conversation between Ana and Elise that worries me that something bad is gonna happen to someone (I am assuming everyone will get the same conversation)

Does this happen during the end part of the Heist? I did not hear anything too worrying then. Just Elsie and Rasputin chatting about potential futures and needing to work harder to learn what they needed. heard something similar in the HELM between Osiris and Elsie. 

40 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Does this happen during the end part of the Heist? I did not hear anything too worrying then. Just Elsie and Rasputin chatting about potential futures and needing to work harder to learn what they needed. heard something similar in the HELM between Osiris and Elsie. 

The introduction of a "new character" doesn't fill me with hope that they will still be around at season's end

BTW - I only now realized that IB this week is Void/Stasis to get credit for the pinnacle so no wonder there were so many Bubbles

That will break a lot of hearts.

Spoiler

But it makes meta sense given that Ana's VOA, Erika Ishii, is openly pansexual and gender neutral.

Edited by J.T.

Did my Seraph Station Legend run for this week's catalyst (I am still on vacation)

More efficient team this time - heck almost too efficient at the start as I almost missed the schematic because they already unlocked everything and I almost didn't go in the duct where it was.

I was kicking myself because I accidentally selected the wrong perk this week and was like "Fuck - now I can't open the secret doors" but someone else on my team had it and opened like three of them so I still made more progress.

I actually did miss the Exo the first time. You can still get the catalyst after you finish but the quest doesn't complete. Solar titan is much easier to solo compared to void which I did last week.

The hologram messages this season have been fire.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:
  Hide contents

Ana's Girlfriend

Ah.

Spoiler

Its hard for me to count her since we haven't actually seen her yet. I don't think we see any big death before Lightfall sans maybe Eramis who is totally getting revived as a guardian if/when it happens.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Did my Seraph Station Legend run for this week's catalyst (I am still on vacation)

More efficient team this time - heck almost too efficient at the start as I almost missed the schematic because they already unlocked everything and I almost didn't go in the duct where it was.

This happened partially to me. I missed the first schematic, but my team did lead me to the second so I can't complain too much. They were more effective than my last team for everything but the Praksis fight. Even that is only half true. We actually we doing great DPS. We just kept dying at bad moments, including one where we would have had him dead in another 30-40 seconds had no one died. Me and the other surviving member sadly had more revives. 

Edited by Eivion

The problem we had at the boss fight was one of the guys was an Invis Hunter... who refused to play like an Invis Hunter

I mean they started hiding and running around but then they decided the best strategy would be to go ham with a sword on Praksis

They then would wait too long to bail and die.

So they kept using up our revives - me and the other dude were playing as Bubble Titans so it wasn't hard for us to stay alive

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The problem we had at the boss fight was one of the guys was an Invis Hunter... who refused to play like an Invis Hunter

Any Invis Hunter that does not keep one in the chamber for revive runs is absolutely worthless.

I had invis rezzing almost down to a fine science before I quit.  I actually made a bit of side cash doing invis labrynth runs in the Pit of Heresy for players trying to get Xenophage.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I mean they started hiding and running around but then they decided the best strategy would be to go ham with a sword on Praksis

They then would wait too long to bail and die.

So they kept using up our revives - me and the other dude were playing as Bubble Titans so it wasn't hard for us to stay alive

Yeah that is an utterly moronic strategy unless he is using Gyrfalcon and Black Talon. Even then the latter should allow you to attack from afar. Like that annoys me just hearing it. 

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Any Invis Hunter that does not keep one in the chamber for revive runs is absolutely worthless.

I had invis rezzing almost down to a fine science before I quit.  I actually made a bit of side cash doing invis labrynth runs in the Pit of Heresy for players trying to get Xenophage.

Gyrfalcon's Hauberk gives good incentive to using invis as weapon. Still should be easy to be smart with knowing when and how to use it via killing volatile or weakened enemies to go invis without wasting a dodge. Also best to rock nothing under 90 mobility. 

• Like 1

Finally got a couple of hours into IB this week. Only managed around 3 games before. Got in a good 7-8 games so far today. Titans can make it bubble hell, but that really seems to be a thing more in non-Freelance than anything else. Still it was definitely designed with Bubble Titans and Well Warlocks in mind. I surprisingly play more aggressive in what is technically supposed to be a defensive gameplay mode. My K/D ratio went up .6-.8 purely via this mode. I also ended up either highest or second highest on my team all but once. I actually did get highest out of everyone in one of those first 3 game which led to finally getting a medal/triumph I didn't even know existed since I tend to not give Crucible ones too much thought. Overall I like Fortress. Its neat and encourages team gameplay a bit more like Rift does.

Also discovering that I really like the Disparity pulse rifle. Only on the basic first level stuff with Frenzy and Heating Up, but it works well in IB.

I play nothing but Freelance and its nothing but Bubble Titans (including myself) and Warlocks with Nova Bombs 

I kinda have grown to love the chaos - one more than one occasion there have been three different Titan bubbles on the high value spot

It has also been fun to see what does and does not break a Titan Bubble again

I have grown to be more irritated by the complete lack of weapon diversity - 49562663 witherhoards a match and if not that - jotunns

I am still not a fan of the scoring mechanic as there really isn't much of a way to win after the 2nd high value drop if the score is more than say like 10 apart.

I have been having great success with the Veles-X. Its also allowing me to work on Moment of Triumph... Triumph

Oh totally forgot

So I did my first Legendary part of the Witch Queen campaign.

Some dude was looking for help so I hoped in.

Little did I realize how clueless the dude was. Took 90 minutes to complete the Communion