DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

That tweet thread is the best.  I love DMG's stern reply to the guy that wants One Eyed Mask to be broken again.

DMG reminding everyone that he mains a hunter does not help the cause to counter the conspiracy theory that the devs are pro-Hunter.

Edited by J.T.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

DMG reminding everyone that he mains a hunter does not help the cause to counter the conspiracy theory that the devs are pro-Hunter.

Until the Golden Gun upgrade in Solar 3.0 and Gyrfalcon PvP nerf leading to a massive PvE buff I kind of felt Bungie's development of Hunters vs. Titans and Warlocks was enough to kill those conspiracies as we rarely get shit anywhere near as broken or good. We are also still the slowest class despite said class being about movement speed.

Did the Seraph Station mission solo last night. That was neat though also weird since the fighting was the easiest part. Fighting for survival was much harder in Presage last year. Its was more about puzzle mechanics than anything. Its also weird that the entire mission is basically training for Deep Stone Crypt. Feels like they are really wanting people who never raid like myself to finally try it. Have to admit it is the first time I have ever gotten the feeling I might be able to do a raid even without a mic.

• Like 1

I feel much better about it now that I know how all 3 mechanics work as opposed to watching raid videos and kinda understanding.

I think it was dmg who said that they purposely did the mission so that it wasn't timed to make it more accessible but purposely have triumphs for faster completions for the folks who want the time pressure

• Like 1

Just tried the Legend version of Serpath Station. Its playing by legendary campaign rules to a degree though it looks like you can be revived more than once during an encounter so not as bad. Had to stop halfway through because the ass who started the fireteam on Bungie's site ran off for no reason. Still definitely a 3-person mission to run though I'm sure Esoterikk has already soloed it just to embarrass everyone.

Edited by Eivion

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Just tried the Legend version of Serpath Station. Its playing by legendary campaign rules to a degree though it looks like you can be revived more than once during an encounter so not as bad. Had to stop halfway through because the ass who started the fireteam on Bungie's site ran off for no reason. Still definitely a 3-person mission to run though I'm sure Esoterikk has already soloed it just to embarrass everyone.

He in fact did since his video of tips and tricks showed up in my YT recommendations this morning

https://youtu.be/QoZIh9A2syU

• Like 1

I love Byf.  His relentless pursuit of lore just points out how bad the story side of the game has become. 

I remember when filling out the gaps in my Codex was the most important reason for me to play the game and now Bungie has managed to screw that up by bundling it all into the grind.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am catching up and I am enjoying Byf pointing out that we technically committed a war crime

The problem is he was kind of wrong for multiple reasons. It is still amusing though for his reactions.

Glad I didn't spoil this week's story as I had no idea you hadn't caught up.

I loved that scene. Pissed off Ana is the best Ana.

Was nice to see everything laid out finally in Clovis's plans and what Rasputin is and how he has grown. Didn't realize it was pre-guardian Ana who started his change. Learning some about Osiris's history with the Iron Lords was neat as well. No wonder he had a bit of Rasputin can go fuck himself attitude when he talked to him a few years back.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I loved that scene. Pissed off Ana is the best Ana.

Was nice to see everything laid out finally in Clovis's plans and what Rasputin is and how he has grown. Didn't realize it was pre-guardian Ana who started his change.

Most of Rasputin's development during the Golden Age and Pre-Golden Age was codified as lore in the D2 Warmind expansion as well Codex entries from Dead Ghost fragments added to D1 in the Taken King expansion. 

You'll learn a lot about the Bray family as well as Dr. Mihaylova, the Russian cosmonaut that was a member of the Ares 1 mission to Mars and made First Contact with the Traveler.  The system and diagnostics AI for Aries 1, R. designed by Mihaylova eventually becomes Rasputin after being modified by Clovis-Bray.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

Apparently Revision Zero decided to take Telesto's place as the weapon that fucks the game up. Much of the recent error issues and bugs somehow tie back to it. They opted to disable the API again over the weapon due to not even being sure disabling RV would actually temp fix the issues.

And since they don’t think they have a fix until beginning of next week - I will probably focus on planning God of War since I don’t have the patience to use Reddit to run Legendary Serph Station

I was listening to his newest vid last night. It was an impressive combination of bewilderment, curiosity, happiness?, and annoyance. Apparently he had already or started filming several other vids going into important details this week's story surrounded only for the big reveals to throw him off completely. Poor man not only had his vacation interrupted but also lost out on timing with his vids.

Edited by Eivion

API has been turned back on

Apparently the fix implemented is causing a visual glitch on weapons when you craft them but it is only visual. Bungie says the visual issue will be fixed in a later update

With the API back on - found some folks to do Legendary Seraph Shield

It was an adventure - one of the guys was clearly was doing the exotic catalyst mission like I was but the other dude I don't had ever even done normal Seraph Shield before

Got a little dicey at the final boss fight as we were out of revives during the last damage phase but fortunately managed to not fuck up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Every team I have tried to run the Legend version breaks at the first boss fight. Feels like I'm the only guy prepared every time. 

We got it done on the third attempt

I am positive if we had failed - one of the dudes was gonna bail

• Like 1

Finally got it done just now and the team was so much noticeably damn better. It did however take 3-4 tries, but no one ran off so it was all good. That final fight with Praksis is a lot harder and somehow more enjoyable. I do wish they gave him just a pinch less health, like maybe 1/6 less. Feels weird pounding a boss with supers, Ghallys, and other rockets only for him to still have a good third of his first health bar still left.