DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

I only logged in real quick to check out new weapons and armor from the dungeon. Wasn't feeling the armor all that much for the Hunters until I saw the class time. We have a cowboy hat and that is all I really wanted so I'm good there. I may honestly bust out lucky pants purely to cosplay as a space cowboy. Will say for the weapons I was a bit disappointed. We have a scout rifle, sidearm, GL, & MG alongside revamped seraph revolver and auto-rifle. I like the seraph handcannon, but I would have much rather had a Tex Mechanica handcannon instead.

Looking at Aztecross's vids for the dungeon encounters it looks easier than Duality though a bit more of a pain in the ass for the final boss fight. None of Duality's bosses really hit hard on normal. It was more the mass amounts of adds that gave you trouble. Looks like the final boss of Spire hits hard at least which makes sense given what it is. Still kind of disappointed it wasn't a bit more unique in design though I guess they save that for raids.

Managed to find a fireteam on reddit last minute before I went to sleep so I did do the dungeon before reset. Pretty sure I was the only guy who never did it before since they were so much more familiar with everything. There was an annoying amount of jumping necessary to move on during most of it. Not as crazy dense in enemies as Duality save the final fight, but it feels like the Vex hit just a bit harder than the Duality Cabal. Unfortunately I didn't get any of the gear or weapons I wanted though I got the GL which is interes with its double firing ability. Will have to test that out later today.

The API is back up so all the third party stuff should be working again - including the Fireteam search on Bungie's website

I had already forgotten The Dawning was starting today

• Like 1

On his 42nd clear of Kings Fall - Datto finally got his Touch of Malice

I am pretty sure both Fallout and Cross both said earlier this week that they hadn't gotten theirs

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

On his 42nd clear of Kings Fall - Datto finally got his Touch of Malice

I am pretty sure both Fallout and Cross both said earlier this week that they hadn't gotten theirs

I got mine the hard way in D1.  I think it took four months to complete all of the steps.

Mis and I practically lived on the Dreadnaught for weeks chasing quests.  It was awful.

I think I hate Kings Fall more than I hate Vault of Glass.  There is no way I'd put myself through that misery ever again.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - and somehow I think the drop rate is worse in D2

Like Datto pointed out - he literally has the Title associated with Kings Fall for doing everything (and Lord are some of those challenges stupid) and yet didn't have ToM.

Of course - everyone was joking that he now has content for his channel since he can finally do a ToM video

I thought maybe they improved exotic RNG considering Aztecross actually got the new dungeon exotic on his first try which never happened t him before. I clearly thought wrong.

The Mars Heist Battleground is surprisingly harder than expected.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The Mars Heist Battleground is surprisingly harder than expected.

Oh yeah and I love it

I know most of the community will bitch but I love being back on Mars

BTW - it really really gets harder when you get paired with folks who just fuck off and try solo a Escalation Tower while the dude who steals your power just runs around unchecked

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah and I love it

I know most of the community will bitch but I love being back on Mars

BTW - it really really gets harder when you get paired with folks who just fuck off and try solo a Escalation Tower while the dude who steals your power just runs around unchecked

I hated it in the moment due to that last bit happening when I first ran it with dumb teammates. Was much more appreciative when I ran it a second time with people who had an inkling of what to do.

I kind of loved Mars so yeah I was pretty happy to see it again as well.