DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Reminder that the last week of the season starts with reset tomorrow.

I would assume if there is a final "mission" it will come with that. (And then we have a week of the community event still going on despite whatever happens in the final thing)

So Fallout tweeted this yesterday

(Context: they were doing a fundraiser to get Time a new gaming PC since Stadia is shutting down)

So I wondered what brought it on

Yup... got matched up against Jake againĀ šŸ¤£

Ā 

I agree. I think the lack of little extras like that really ends up hurting these moments.

Considering how down a good amount of the vocal crowd are on things right now its a such a weird move to make on what should have been a pretty big deal. Then again we saw them do that before with Osiris when it came to Sagira's death. Really hope things pick up next season both for general improvement and to stave off some of the bitching which has legit, imagined, and overblown gripes.

The Peaker's Advantage master class starts at the 1:13 mark of Jake's video.Ā  Ā  He pushes but then help comes, so he disengages and smokes the dumbass who tried to flank him but ended up isolated from the team.Ā  Ā That map is horrible for solo pushes because your ass hangs out at almost every corner.Ā  Jake makes that shit look easy.

Edited by J.T.

There is a lot of stuff in the new TWAB - but the biggest things I took away are

A) The story (not really surprisingly) will swing back to the Lucent Hive again (this is me making an assumption since Lucent Finisher is coming back as an artifact mod)

B) They really really really want you to use Grenade Launchers (Wendigo is returning, Unstoppable GL, oh and, Breach and Clear that has been spec'd to work with Void 3.0)

• Like 1

The numerous exotic changes are interesting. I don't dislike most of them. Particularly happy to see them buffing Forerunner for PvE. Kind of didn't pointed pulse rifles are back again as part of anti-champion mods. Was hoping we would get sidearms.

I'm happily surprised to see Wendigo back. It was one of my favorite GLs. Does feel weird for them to be bringing back a pinnacle weapon with random rolls though it is one of the weapons whose special perk has become more of a norm in Explosive Light. I know they won't, but I kind of hope they allow for something like that and chain reaction as a perk combo. Will at least be nice to presumably have access to the old skin via eververse at some point like they did with the opulent weapons.

Trying to decide if I hate myself enough to grind for the remaining coins I need for one additional triumph.

Oh and per all the lore guys (and others) - a long long long long teased thing will be the basis for the Season 19 story

The trailer was kind of meh, but I liked the intro story quest for the interactions between Ana, osiris, and Clovis.

The new Manticore SMG explains why they are trying to dial back on airborne effectiveness, and I suspect will piss off Warlock & possibly Titans mains once Hunters get used to it.Ā 

Per the new TWAB

• Dawning starts next Tuesday (Dec 13)
  • 1st IB week is Jan 3
  • Trials returns Dec 16 (next weekend)

This is in addition to the new dungeon starting tomorrow (Friday)

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Class item armor mods seem to not be available on normal armor. Only Artifice Armor works. Knew I should have done master Duality last season.

It appears to be a known issue - from TWAB

Artifact mods arenā€™t appearing in regular class Items, but are appearing in Artifice class items.Ā 

Ā 

I wish more people unhappy with D2 currently would watch Datto's vids. His first & last season impressions vids make good commentary on both the legit and kind of bs bitching the community gets into.

Edited by Eivion