DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Apparently community disappointment with the lack of an event with Telesto led to someone asking a developer during a AMA about decrypting secret missions like Whisper. So we probably will never see secret events like that again due to data mining. The encryption is such a time and cost sink that it just isn't worth it over developing other parts of the game. Its interesting hearing about some backlash to this because people seem to not get that do still get big exotic missions. They just aren't kept secret anymore. Presage and Vox are very much in a similar vein. They just aren't hidden per say.

Edited by Eivion

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Apparently community disappointment with the lack of an event with Telesto led to someone asking a developer during a AMA about decrypting secret missions like Whisper. So we probably will never see secret events like that again due to data mining. The encryption is such a time and cost sink that it just isn't worth it over developing other parts of the game. Its interesting hearing about some backlash to this because people seem to not get that do still get big exotic missions. They just aren't kept secret anymore. Presage and Vox are very much in a similar vein. They just aren't hidden per say.

Well the big backlash came because the original article headline was NO HIDDEN MISSIONS EVER~! which isn't what was said in the AMA. Like Fallout put out a few tweets talking about how disappointed he was etc. But Bungie did put out a clarification so that did calm folks (I know Fallout deleted his tweets because he said he didn't want people seeing them considering he was wrong)

Here is dmg explaining things

(EDIT - don't read beyond dmg's tweets because the worst of the Destiny community immediately springs to life)

• Like 2

I took advantage of the brief Telesto meta to finally finish that catalyst.

I have been doing nothing but IB this week since I know how three characters to do it on and Lord is doing it on my Hunter brutal (since I really don’t have a build per se)

I am in NY this weekend so I will lose that time and I need all the pinnacle drops I can get. (With some RNG luck I can get to max LL on my Titan.)

I am gonna come back to the massive Crucible changes when I finishing reading this meaty TWAB but there is something great about a week of WHY BUNGIE DO NO COMUNNITY EVENT~! and then immediately announcing a community event.

• Haha 1

Okay... Crucible overhaul (and I am not bother with the matchmaking since each mode is using its own version of matchmaking now)

Quickplay will now combine Control and Clash. When it is an Iron Banner week - IB replaces the Quickplay mode

Weekly rotator (Momentum Control, Mayhem, Team Scorched, Rift, and Rumble) - so Rumble loses its permanent place (the showed some stats that showed no one played Rumble or Showdown)

Elimination no longer will be its own mode. (Since Trials basically is Elimination anyway)

New Playlist "Competitive Division"

• Will be 3v3
  • Will choose between Survival, Rift, and Showdown
  • Replaces Glory
  • Will use a "true ladder based system"
  • There are seven Divisions, each with three subdivisions. (Adept is the 2nd highest and you need to reach that for the Glorious Triumph)
  • For all intents and purposes - there are no special rewards for playing the Competitive Division (just a rep boost)
  • That being said - there will be a reward for weekly participation. And the first reward will be.... ROSE~! (with random rolls and an updated perk pool)

Since Glory is gone.... MIDA Multi-Tool catalyst is now a rare drop on any win in the Crucible. 

Crucible Labs will be 3x3 Rift on asymmetric maps (Labs will have a +25% stacking rep booster to encourage folks to play it)

When Trials is active - it replaces Crucible Labs

The IB mode for Season 19 is something called Fortress. It is going to be a version of Zone Control but with some form of Cabal involvement. They didn't provide much more details but the picture showed a Zone covered in Scorpius turrets.

The new Crucible Triumph will be called Glorious (it will eliminate the giant pain point of Glory over multiple seasons)

Shaxx will start to focus engrams for weapons and armor (How Gambit, Trials and IB currently work). And when Lightfall hits - they will introduce the ability to focus into older armor sets.

There will be a two old Crucible maps returning (though they didn't say which ones) and they will introduce a new map with Lightfall

• Like 1

It is interesting how much people were expecting a big Crucible overhaul to happen before only for us to get Seasons of the Haunted and Plunder instead. Guess its finally coming with S19. The changes look potentially good, and I'm curious what fresh hell Caiatl & Saladin have created for us next season with IB. I do wish they would make more than one new map a year. Feels like we should see at least two.

Figured the community event was coming unless they suddenly changed their minds. Not sure why anyone would question otherwise since it was datamined at least a month or two ago. Them pushing it for the last two weeks though makes me wonder again if we get some sort of epilogue during the last week.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Figured the community event was coming unless they suddenly changed their minds. Not sure why anyone would question otherwise since it was datamined at least a month or two ago. Them pushing it for the last two weeks though makes me wonder again if we get some sort of epilogue during the last week.

It definitely seems so since the language in the TWAB was something like "while Misraaks and Eido devote their time to researching the Relics of Nezarec" so I am guessing its gonna be something bad happening with the relics

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It definitely seems so since the language in the TWAB was something like "while Misraaks and Eido devote their time to researching the Relics of Nezarec" so I am guessing its gonna be something bad happening with the relics

In general I keep suspecting either this season or next season actually ends with things going to shit to some extent. In particular I think the Traveler being infected prediction from Vox happens at the end of next season and our discovery of Neomuna will be partially about finding something to save it. With this season I keep thinking something goes wrong and nearly kills either Eido and/or Misraaks with Eramis somehow dying to save them.

Your plan to sucker me into reinstalling with the promise of working PvP will not succeed.  I am wise to your game.

Burning down Comp is arguably the smartest decision they've made since embarking on this whole Stasis debacle.

Bringing Rose back is a decent olive branch to New Lights who weren't able to quest for Lumina.

If they really want to impress me, they'll bring back Combined Arms for IB.

Edited by J.T.

I have been using Iron Banner to work on getting my Witherhoard catalyst. Only 8 more kills to go. And I managed to get the one for Jade Rabbit to drop as well. So productive week.

Doing well on seasonal challenges. I think I have 6 pvp ones and do a grandmaster. Got a 4 day weekend coming up so I'm gonna go hard in the paint on those.

• Like 2

It’s officially completed

I just had started messing around with my Hunter when I saw the last goal was hit

Now that being said - you still have to donate the 2000 coins to get the individual rewards 

Datto, Jez and Danielle did IB using only blues and I felt every second of it

Datto's ability to predict how many dudes from the opposing team that will come into his chat to taunt is amazing.

Also - it was hysterical because their very first match and they were paired against Grenadier Jake

So I had no idea how good the catalyst for Witherhoard would be, but it giving auto loading holster is cracked. Shoot it, then switch to another gun, then switch back to Witherhoard when it runs out. So much more damage! Now I just need an auto loading energy weapon and it'll be dps for days. FOR DAYS! MUHAHAHAHA!

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Datto, Jez and Danielle did IB using only blues and I felt every second of it

Datto's ability to predict how many dudes from the opposing team that will come into his chat to taunt is amazing.

Also - it was hysterical because their very first match and they were paired against Grenadier Jake

I saw it on youtube. It was fun. Datto is even better at PvP than I thought though. Always assumed Jez was a bit better. GJake being their first opponent was just so wonderful and wrong.

Datto is an extremely solid PvP player.  He's no CammyCakes, FrostBolt, or Aztec, but I wouldn't 1v1 him thinking he's an easy match just because he excels at PvE,

Going up against GJake armed with only blues is a recipe for suicide, IB or otherwise.

Edited by J.T.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Datto is an extremely solid PvP player.  He's no CammyCakes, FrostBolt, or Aztec, but I wouldn't 1v1 him thinking he's an easy match just because he excels at PvE,

Oh I know he is good. I just thought Jez was a little bit better before today.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Going up against GJake armed with only blues is a recipe for suicide, IB or otherwise.

Datto, Aztec, and I think Frost went into Trials with a Divinity loadout where they slaughtered everyone. Then they faced GJake during one of his carries. They had to fight back just to make it even before they quit on the off chance they won and ruined a carry for someone. I seriously hope the new Comp brings leaderboards and GJake plays it. I really want to know here he ranks because it feels like he has to be in the top 1% minimum. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1