DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Announced in the new TWAB - starting with Season 19, they are basically overhauling the economy as they are removing all destination materials (okay - slight lie. You can't can more but you will still be able to trade them with Rahoul but for Glimmer only)

The nodes on each planet will still exist and collecting them will give Glimmer and XP (like the Throne World and Leviathan currently do). Planetary vendors will all get an overhaul eventually but not for Season 19 

• Like 1

I have a question, are they still using that light level system for the gear? That's kind of why I stopped playing.

I heard they finally got rid of single use shaders, so there's that at least. That was dumbass garbage making shaders into consumables.

Edited by TheVileOne

12 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I have a question, are they still using that light level system for the gear? That's kind of why I stopped playing.

I heard they finally got rid of single use shaders, so there's that at least. That was dumbass garbage making shaders into consumables.

The leveling system is the same though it will likely see changes within the next year. That is something they are working on as the current player base have been long tired of it. I'm kind of indifferent personally, but can see how it can be annoying or boring.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

The leveling system is the same though it will likely see changes within the next year. That is something they are working on as the current player base have been long tired of it. I'm kind of indifferent personally, but can see how it can be annoying or boring.

IMHO the light level system is dumb and I couldn't break through the thresholds. It was simple and easy with the gear points. 

So far. Hopefully we get an epilogue of some sort though I don't expect anything major.

After Witchqueen and Season of the Haunted the ending for this season feels kind of meh with nothing major really happening despite the talk of Nezerac and everything going on with Eido, Misraaks, and Eramis. Even the final mission to me was mostly just ok but didn't feel like a big deal.

Thought this was interesting. Been thinking we would might see a Cabal or Eliksni guardian since Witchqueen, but I didn't realize there was more or less a prophecy for one on the Eliksni side. I think it happens though I think Eido so obvious it ends up not being her. Misraaks or Eramis make far more sense with both running redemption arcs. I also don't think it happens this season. Feels like something we see next year either during Ligthfall or one of the seasons after.

Oh, and I'd also hate to face Castle in PvP.  Notice what the #1 and #2 top tips are?  Same ones they always are.  MOVEMENT AND ANGLE MANAGEMENT ARE KEY~! 

You can tell who is a pro and who is a scrub in those YouTube vids by the way they take corners.  PEEKER'S ADVANTAGE~!

My PvP game improved tenfold after watching how Cammy, Aztec, and Castle handle maps.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

This all reminds me that this week Aztec did Trials with Frost and Datto.

The highlight is about halfway through when Datto goes "why is that guy using Divinity?" and cross just looks up at his camera with a mischievous smile

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Jesus I think the game really wants me to have the sniper rifle. I currently have 11 of them. Gotta look up the God roll soon.

Might as well break them out since one of the Festival quests is to get Sniper kills

I am gonna use the opportunity to finally complete the Izanagi catalyst

Its not so bad for me, but I'm also able to take my time with it. Honestly, I missed most of the last 5-6 weeks due to my PS4 dying slowly since September and finally dying outright at Tuesday's reset. I lucked out with my brother's PS4 being available to borrow since he rarely uses it. I more trying to slowly catch up with seasonal bounties while knocking out some weeklies for red bar craftable weapons. Might try to get Duality done again as well if only because I still don't have every weapon and armor piece from it in my collection tab yet.

I would love to find time for dungeons and raids but that might not be in the cards right now

A lot of my time is going into trying to get my Hunter fully caught up.

I have done the New Light campaign and the Beyond Light campaign (since I needed to unlock Stasis before anything else)

I finished the questline with Crow and Saladin. I am maybe a third of the way through the Witch Queen campaign so that is probably my next priority as I wanna unlock Wellspring.

The Moon shit will be last because I just finished that quest on my Warlock like a month ago so I am not racing to immediately do it over again.

• Like 1

I'm surprised you decided to take up more than one or two characters given the time sink. I just have my Hunter.Even then it still feels like it takes forever to do some things.

Edited by Eivion

I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have my Warlock basically 99% complete.

Most of the stuff isn't THAT bad.

Beyond Light is probably the worst due to how many steps and back and forth you have to do to unlock Stasis.

There is also a little bit of that "oooh... now I can get Triumph scores for all the Hunter stuff"

All that being said - when the new season starts, I will probably still be 90% Titan (though I need to be honest with myself that I might be a better PvP player on Warlock or Hunter)

• Like 1

In today's patch - they lowered the number of Haunted Sectors that need to be completed for the Title so there is a chance I will be able to finish that tonight before leaving tomorrow since all I have left is Haunted Sectors and a handful more playlists activities

They also dropped the requirements for Shaper II and Shaper III (both going from 3 Seasonal Weapons to just 1 - Level 10 req for II and Level 20 req for III)

• Like 2