DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Mr Fruit posted a video talking about he got his first Raid exotic* after EIGHT years

* - that only comes via RNG (not via quest or that you could buy from the kiosk)

So of course everyone is talking about their own stories and one of the most common ones that makes everyone chuckle is carrying a blueberry in their first raid and they get an exotic on their first clear while everyone else in the group has never gotten one (or it took like 30 clears)

Hoo Boy - it is always something

So the latest "controversy" is this week's story quest requires your to kill 50 champions in Ketchcrash.

If you do Master Ketchcrash - you will finish in one run. Otherwise it will take like 10 runs (Master has way more Champions plus awards bonus progress)

So of course the screaming of YOU ARE LOCKING CASUAL PLAYERS OUT! HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME RUN MASTER! I DON'T HAVE TIME!!! are all over the place.

This game is really quickly is moving into "I hate the fans of the things I love" territory

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So of course the screaming of YOU ARE LOCKING CASUAL PLAYERS OUT! HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME RUN MASTER! I DON'T HAVE TIME!!! are all over the place.

The concept of playing at your own pace is completely alien to these mother fuckers.   The Destiny 2 community may very well be the worst collection of toxic assholes ever assembled, but who can fault them?  This fucking game has been broken ever since Stasis was introduced.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This game is really quickly is moving into "I hate the fans of the things I love" territory

I reached my upper limit a long time ago.

Well to put a bow on things - Bungie auto-completed the step for everyone

I only saw that yesterday evening when reading a website despite it happening the same evening as reset.

I will say in this specific case - Bungie did bring it on themselves because they tweeted out like 3 hours after the reset something like "DID YOU VISIT THE SPECIAL TRANSMISSION YET!!!!!" and that was when folks were exploded about how long it took (they math turned out to be you needed to do 13 regulars vs 1 Master - so around two hours vs ten minutes)

Anyway - the discussion has now morphed into another round of "MATCHMAKING FOR EVERYTHING~!" and God Bless the people trying to calming explain why this would be a really bad idea for Raids

It would be a terrible idea for raids, but I kind of want to see just to see how far a team that is unable to properly communicate can get. People can barely do shit right in regular dungeons.

That objective didn't bother me much though I wish they had at least mentioned doing the master variant would give such massive bonuses. 

Edited by Eivion

My computer just might, might serve as potential distraction when I'm playing D2. Without being able to access it due to power issues in my room the past few days I had my legit best run of Trials ever. I managed to get a reset in and won most of matches. Like I may have been able to go flawless at least once had I reset my card, but I didn't have enough confidence to test that theory and focused on resetting instead. It was nice and weird.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I haven't tried Trials in awhile - I just haven't really been motivated to do so

So irritated that the Masterworking Armor quest is never retroactive

I mostly just do Trials the first few weeks for pinnacles or getting the new weapons at least once. I may never use them, but I do have a collector's mentality towards this stuff sometimes. That said, I do like the roll I got for the bow. I waited till yesterday to collect rewards and reset since I didn't like the rolls from last week. I think my patience paid off.

Agreed on the Masterwork Armor quest. That one always annoys me since it makes me either masterwork a piece of crap or wait weeks until it pops up.

I kind of hate you just a little right now and congrats you lucky bastard.

Kind of regretting I never saved/used my stimulus money on a PS5. There are still only one or two games I would get for it, but I know it was supposed to be be so much better for online games like D2 in terms of how well it ran.

Lord - I know its overwhelming but still....

So I played for like a hour doing the New Light campaign so I got that opening campaign.

I load in now and now get the entire Witch Queen opening.

When I opened my menu there are NINE new objectives

I don't usually raid in Destiny because anxiety gets the best of me but I decided to give King's Fall a shot and we finished it a lot easier than I thought. I didn't get Malice but I did get some nice armor. The chelchis that I got has firefly so I spent a good amount of time making enemies explode. Definitely will have to try it again next week.

Fuck the jumping puzzles though.

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

I think I will probably give both Vault of Glass and King's Fall a go before Lightfall eventually hits since those are the two raids I have actually done before (with VoG being the only one I actually ever completed)

Most likely when Moments of Triumphs hit

On 9/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, RIPPA said:

Well....

I brought my Hunter into D2. 

I am a lunatic

You even unlocked the achievement for securing all of the subclasses!  Better late than never.

Edited by J.T.

To be fair - it too me a long time to even bring forward my Warlock

And then I ignored her for a good 18 months after doing so

I played very little Hunter even in D1 so it is like playing an entirely different game when compared to my Titan

It is funny - I am sure I knew this and probably forgot but doing the New Light story with my Hunter reminded me

Canonically - if you start a character now, they are not the guardian who destroyed the Black Garden, you aren't the one who stopped Ghaul, you aren't one who killed Uldran Sov and avenged Cayde. Heck you never even met Cayde