DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

In what is gonna be a major issue for the Raid - Heavy Grenade Launchers are doing roughly 150% damage instead of the 10% buff they were supposed to get

This includes Anarchy which, on by the way, is Arc

The early expectations is that Bungie is going to disable all HGL until after the raid

I haven't been able to finish even one complete game play loop of how the new season works yet but fiddling around with Arc 3.0 has been hella fun

So many things I used to love using are now viable again

I don't love Arc 3.0, but it feels easier to figure out and craft builds for immediately than Solar did. Its also way the fuck more fun to use as a Hunter than it was previously though I think Void and Solar are still better, particularly when it comes to exotics. The season even provided a neat new void exotic for Hunters.

I do wish they would stop locking fragments with no explanation. None of the currently locked ones feel like they would be breaking for gameplay so its kind of annoying.

Listening to Aztec summarize an interview about Lightfall post-showcase is interesting. It won't happen, but I kind of want to see them introduce Cloud Striders as a class. The idea behind them sounds neat. Strand is apparently not Darkness or Light based. Also sounds like we will be getting legendary/exotic gear with Strand from the getgo opposed to waiting 3 seasons like we did with Stasis.

Quick pass through the channels

The Teams of Datto, Cross, Gladd, Sweatcicle are all stuck on the Warpriest

Mr Fruit and the Dream Team and Fallout are still a section behind

• Like 1

I just checked in and Datto’s group was at Oryx but hadn’t figured out what the challenge was yet (or more specifically exactly what it was - they were circling around it)

Apparently the King's Fall weapons can roll double damage perks. They are the strongest legendaries in the game as a result. As someone who doesn't play raids this annoys me. It also kind of scares me as it likely means shit is going to get crazy in later seasons if they are finally ok with bringing back double damage perks.

Has the world exploded because of the Gyrfalcon's Hauberk?  Warlock mains seem really upset that Hunters have yet another Exotic that improves Invis.  Why wasn't SBMM around when I was musing my comeback five months ago?  If PvP hadn't been so shit in the interim, I'd still be playing.

Edited by J.T.

Warlocks are complaining because they feel like they got the short end of the stick on Arc 3.0

And because, in general, mains always complain that their class is getting shit on

I will also say that A LOT of bitching was because there was a bug in PvE were Titans and Warlocks (when using Arc) weren't getting the Resilience damage resistance (and flinch protection). That was just fixed in this week's Hot Fix.

SBMM is fine - my waits were longer last week than there are this week. There is a big quitting problem that has popped up that Bungie is aware of (they even addressed it in this week's TWAB)

The biggest complainers about SBMM are and always were going to be streamers/youtubers who are mostly PvP players. None of them want to admit it, but they like having easy games a decent amount of the time opposed to something that is actually competitive for them consistently. To a degree I can understand it as people at their level will be constantly sweaty, but I also don't like matching those motherfuckers with 2.0+ K/D ratios and above so often either so......

• Like 1

It does not surprise me that streameres / youtubers are complaining the most.  God forbid that you actually have to show how good you are against sweats of equal skill.  I enjoy a good pub stomping as much as the next guy, but you don't improve your skills by smashing people that aren't as good as you are.  SBMM should serve to level the K/D and ELO playing field but naturally folks will hate that. 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1