DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

They announced the artifact mods on TWAB. Anti-barrier sniper is back. LMGs are overload. I was kind of hoping for anti-barrier. SMGs are not with auto-rifles this season which are anti-barrier again. I assume they wanted to avoid making Riskrunner even more monstrous than it already will be under Arc 3.0. They already admitted they may end up nerfing it.

Leaks are a plenty (as per usual)

I will mention this one since it doesn't really affect anything - there will be Destiny themed skins for Fortnite (that was as far I got since I didnt dare spoil anything else)

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Leaks are a plenty (as per usual)

I will mention this one since it doesn't really affect anything - there will be Destiny themed skins for Fortnite (that was as far I got since I didnt dare spoil anything else)

Pretty sure it goes both ways. Destiny characters in Fortnite, and Fortnite versions of Destiny characters (alt outfits? I dunno how Destiny works) in Destiny.

Edited by Casey

BTW - if you care about these things - if you watch at least 30 minutes of today's live stream via one of Bungie's official Twitch channels, you will get an emblem. (Usually - must have Twitch account and Bungie account linked, etc, etc...)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - if you care about these things - if you watch at least 30 minutes of today's live stream via one of Bungie's official Twitch channels, you will get an emblem. (Usually - must have Twitch account and Bungie account linked, etc, etc...)

Does this work if you watch it later? I don't get off until 7 tonight.

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

Does this work if you watch it later? I don't get off until 7 tonight.

I am not sure

I am only getting to my desk so now I am pissed I missed the first 20 minutes

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am now a Gilded Dredgen

I officially hate myself

I played at 2-3 dozen games of Gambit so I could could get the Chain of Command Ornament in the last two days. I know how you feel. I even like Gambit and that is still way the fuck too much Gambit in one week let alone two days.

Lightfall looks pretty cool. Kind of like where they went with Strand opposed to the much predicted Corruption. The new Darkness enemy sounds like a fun challenge. I do wish we had new enemy types along with them opposed to Cabal. Actually upgraded Scorn would have also been welcomed.

Season of Plunder has already won by the fact that we are basically pirates along with Drifter and Spider.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Season of Plunder has already won by the fact that we are basically pirates along with Drifter and Spider.

I was more hoping we could shoot Spider in the head but alas.

At least they are wrapping some things up that had been teased as opposed to adding more unresolved loose ends

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I was more hoping we could shoot Spider in the head but alas.

I mean we don't know how the season ends yet. Its Spider so I wouldn't be shocked if we or Mara finally put a bullet in by the time it ends.

A note for @J.T. - apparently they said today they will not be vaulting anymore content so if you do decide to jump back in you would still be able to play everything you missed (at least at the year level).

19 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That one surprised me. I'm curious how they are able to hand the space issue. Maybe its a sign that Destiny 3 will eventually be a thing.

The reporting on I've seen presents it as the "new technology" that Bungie keeps talking about allows them to fit everything in now

Kotaku also interpreted it as, because of stuff not going away, D3 is going to be a long way away

• Like 1

That is good to hear then. Actually some of the stuff they have planned for next year was stuff Aztec was talking about just a couple of months ago in terms of features Bungie needs. I'm curious if they ever take the social features aspect he mentioned to heart.

Guessing how well it works will likely depend on how negative feedback works and how well the system recognizes the quality of a player's gameplay on its own vs. player feedback. Its a system I'm curious to see in action but can blame no one for fearing it.

I do like that we finally get to see and work directly wit Misraak's daughter, Eido, this time.

Looking at weapons in collections it seem Militia's Birthright and Mindbender's Ambition are Nightfall weapons for this and the next few seasons. A heavy grenade launcher is the ritual weapon. Uses incandescent. The Dares' weapons have an origin trait though it sounds more useful on the swords than anything else. The Dares' swords, GL, & shotgun are all craftable. At least two new weapon perks running around in Gutshot Straight and Pugilist. 

It's funny

A year ago around this time we were just starting the never ending season before Witch Queen began

So I keep forgetting that there is one more season after this season