DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

The TWAB was interesting. The added intrinsic champions mods for the exotics was mostly nice though Bungie are evil/clever bastards for making sure Le Monarque is overload now. It was pretty much only second to Arbalest in being a terror for barrier champs.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am under the impression that Trinity Ghoul may be the Arc 3.0 meta since they just gave Le Monarque the Overload buff and the devs tend to be single minded when handing out those things.   They are probably on a Combat Bow motif right now.

I would like to see DARCI get some love in Arc 3.0, but it does not seem to be a high priority.  

Well Bows got a buff already which is part of the reason they are en vogue again.

Trinity Ghoul was already lowkey popular alternate last season for folks since it had an artifact mod they could use (I am spacing if it was piercing or overload)

But yeah - TG and Riskrunner are definitely coming out of the vault (like I used the hell out of Sunshot this season) 

I love all three exotic energy slot bows, but Trinity Ghoul was kind of weakest last season. Ticuu's is basically the bow version of Sunshot, and Le Monarque had the nice poison damage that made it decent beyond even red bars. TG didn't quite have the same strength in anything beyond low tier content. Hopefully Arc 3.0 makes it more worthwhile.

I'm going to enjoy having an excuse to bust out Riskrunner again. I love that damn thing.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

That was fun to read. Nice to see them bring up the whole list of wants to make D2 a true MMO. Kind of surprised they brought it up since even he admitted it probably can't be done on the D2 engine.

I only wish they referenced and confirmed or denied if at a certain Cosmodrone vendor is based on him. I still hope that one is true if only because if so they also purposely fucked with him by making him a Hunter.

Edited by Eivion
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:39 PM, Eivion said:

I only wish they referenced and confirmed or denied if at a certain Cosmodrone vendor is based on him. I still hope that one is true if only because if so they also purposely fucked with him by making him a Hunter.

• Haha 1

Figured we would get something. Didn't think it would be a full breakdown. Makes me even more curious just about the showcase.

Arc 3.0 being movement based is what I figured. Same with Hunters getting an extra super. Arc Staff isn't much right now though it does sound like they added some decent enough improvements. Also still sounds like Warlocks and Titans have more potential depending on synergizing exotics which is semi the norm at this point.

Not that it matters for the way I play but I agree with Datto's initial take in that, why it sounds like it will be fun to play with Arc 3.0, it probably won't be viable in Grandmasters (and some other high end content) as requiring the need to be up close and personal doesn't work in those sorts of activities

Why do I feel like no matter how long the charge time is - Thunderclap will be a problem in PvP

I'm guessing there will be builds and mods to make it more viable for GMs though Warlocks probably end up having the easiest time to make it work. Hunters and Titans will have some trouble with everything being so up close and personal. That is why I'm an Arc GM away from getting Conqueror currently. Its also why the new Hunter super pleases me.

That sound you hear in the distance is the collective wail of anguish from Warlocks upon hearing the news that Hunters are getting Blink returned to them.  I have no idea why we are so happy because our Double and Triple Jumps are still busted as far as I can tell.

I also have no idea how it took the devs this long to provide Hunters with the ability to throw the fucking Arc Staff as a Super.  Arc Staff was for add clearing at best and sucked when compared to Shadowshot, so let's hope that the Lightning Javelin of Death provides Hunters with the Boss killing power that Solar supers had.

Edited by J.T.

24 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That sound you hear in the distance is the collective wail of anguish from Warlocks upon hearing the news that Hunters are getting Blink returned to them.  I have no idea why we are so happy because our Double and Triple Jumps are still busted as far as I can tell.

Apparently the return of blink for Hunters also means the Warlock blink gets a slight buff that makes them on par. Its just Titans who are fucked as far as blink goes though one of the additions to arc 3.0 is supposed to be nice if not quite the same.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That sucks. I'll trying to use the spoiler tab then when chatting about things next week.

Thanks but I am sure I will be spoiled just by the nature of my YT recommendations and Twitter feed.

I will get to play a little each day but I am gonna be exhausted so my goal is just try and get the main story beats done. (which shouldn't be too hard if they follow the standard format of go to an area once or twice and then do the seasonal activity once and you are done for the week)

• Like 1