DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

They also said they will be revealing more details about the next raid next week (aka which D1 Raid is being brought forward)

Betting favorite is still King's Fall

God, I hope not, but Bungie loves grind and King's Road takes for-fucking-ever.   Between the raid and finishing Touch of Malice, I lived on the Leviathan for nearly eight months.

I miss the days where you could run Crota in like two hours and be done with it.

Edited by J.T.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It could technically be any of them but King's Fall is the one that probably makes the most sense narratively

Narrative doesn't necessarily come into play with the D1 raid/strike/etc. returns. They are returning more or variety than story. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Narrative doesn't necessarily come into play with the D1 raid/strike/etc. returns. They are returning more or variety than story. 

Nostalgia is killing the game and the community is to blame.  People need to demand that Bungie makes new shit, not retread old shit.

Edited by J.T.

Oh I know it isn't the reason - but IF they wanted a reason, it is the one that fits best

But yeah - there is still a large section of the community that is all DESTINY IS BETTER THAN D2! BRING EVERYTHING BACK!!!

Of course the irony is that most of them could still be playing the OG Destiny, they just choose not to

As a reminder that technology is always monitoring us and will kill us all.

This morning in my Youtube Recommendations - part of Datto's Raid Guide for King's Fall

Literally the only place I have mentioned King's Fall is here

(I mean I am pretty sure I know why it showed up but I am not dumb enough to rule out Black Mirror shit)

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Nostalgia is killing the game and the community is to blame.  People need to demand that Bungie makes new shit, not retread old shit.

They are making new shit all the time. People just happen to still like some of the old shit, and refurbishing said shit for D2 gives Bungie more time for the major expansions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shadow said:

What does it mean to gild a seal? Is it worth it to do?

Basically it means you do it twice (or more)

Whether its worth it is entirely up to you since it is purely cosmetic

The returning Raid will launch on Aug 26

They are doing it the same way as they did Vault of Glass

Need to beat the raid once and then beat all the challenges

Contest Mode for 24 hours with 1560 Power Cap

EDIT - the official reveal of the raid will be during the Showcase on August 23

Also from the TWAB - starting with Season 18, a quasi skill based matchmaking is coming to Control (basically they say it will be a wider pool that what you currently get in Survival)

SBMM will expand to some (but not all) modes afterwards

They also (starting in Season 19) start using some sort of system of matching based on fireteam size but there was almost no details about that. It sorta sound like there will be some playlists where you have to be in a fireteam to enter. The one thing they said is that they are trying to replicate the Freelance playlist without splitting the population

They are calling it all Loose SBMM. I'm happy to see it return in some form. The whole splitting the player base complaint is such bs that is basically pushed by the higher tier PvP players who want easy wins at least half the time. They are not wrong in that it does split the population, but its also kind of the exact damn point. Lower skilled players shouldn't be forced to match up against guys and gals who will fucking slaughter them with ease 99/100 times so often. Its a moronic complaint that should be ignored on some level, but Bungie wants to keep those higher tier players who are regulars happy to some extent since they represent the PvP player base.

Per new TWAB

Rift will return as regular Crucible playlist next season but it will not be the IB game mode (they didn't announce the exact IB mode for next season)

New game mode - Eruption

"Eruption is Clash with energy boosts based on kill streaks. It was affectionately called Streak Mayhem internally before we gave it a real name."

The Eruption part comes from if you get 5 kills in a row (what they called Primed), you get a 15 second timer and at the end of timer you blow up. You are then marked and the opposing team gets 3 points for killing you (its unclear if that is for the rest of the match or not)

Eruption will be introduced in Control Labs and assuming it doesn't break things, it will the IB mode later on

Just now, J.T. said:

The community will hate it.  They will not like a game mode that appears to penalize you for getting killstreaks.

You can extend the streak by getting more kills so technically you would never blow up

You also earn more points the higher your streak is (there were a lot of more things that I didn't post)

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You can extend the streak by getting more kills so technically you would never blow up

You also earn more points the higher your streak is (there were a lot of more things that I didn't post)

Those were important details left out.  If that is the case, then they will love it because it encourages you to get killstreaks and rewards the player that brings the killstreaker down.

Edited by J.T.

Since I finished the Solstice stuff on my Warlock and I not bringing my Hunter forward to try and complete everything in 48 hours I am just in killing time mode.

Being doing the rest of the Shadowkeep story on my Warlock since, as mentioned, I hadn't finished it. I am mainly doing it just to unlock the Dreambane armor.

Lord there are so many places that we used to go to all the time that are never touched now. 

I still have two more solstice things to do to finish up the glow for armors. 

I think any area that isn't recently story based is mostly only touched now when something like a lost sector or seasonal bounty comes into play. The only stuff I might see people at in decent numbers at random times are things like Altars of Sorrow and Blind Well.

I mean I guess people might still being doing Nightmare Hunts - I sure am not but they at least take you to these areas for the Moon I am in now.

Heck, I am only currently going to Europa because they just dropped a seasonal challenge for doing Europa activities (that is another thing I still need to do with my Warlock - all the stuff around Clovis Bray). Now to be fair - they also eliminated the weekly rewards from Variks and Elise so its just another planet now.