DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I see once again I should just play now instead of waiting for night time.

This summer has been nice because I have been working from home on Tuesdays - so I quickly hop on and run the story missions so I don't get spoilers via Twitch or YouTube Recommendations.

I will say I could have probably waited today since everyone is too busy doing Conqueror in a Day

• Like 1

Final story mission was neat though I kind of wish there was an option for a higher difficulty version. That felt like a hollow victory. Definitely feels like we were several steps behind Calus and he already completed whatever the fuck he was trying.

That message between Eris and Drfiter was interesting. I am curious if he plays into the greater us vs. the Witness story at this point. Wouldn't be shocked if we don't get much more with him until post Light vs. Dark saga ending since the IX are seemingly their own thing like the Vex.

Xur is selling the Illicit Invader armor set this week - so if you never got it and want it for your Collection, grab it

I was missing a couple of pieces of it on my Titan and had none of it on my Warlock so that is nice

We have officially hit killing time season

This series is fun - Mr Fruit is challenging streamers to 1v1 PvP battle where they take 15 minutes minutes to earn their gear. And slots where they don't get a drop - they have to use a white (weapons and armor).

This one with Cross is the most recent. He also has one against MTash and one against Datto

It is really fascinating to see the strategy everyone uses to see how quickly they can get gear

• Like 2

So I haven't been playing long enough to be around for the Solstice event. What all is it about? I remember one of the YT guys, maybe Divide, say to save my bright dust so I think I have about 18k.

I also wanted to ask which of the weapons from Duality are worth getting? I would like to give the dungeon a shot.

Mini Tool is dope but Drang is slept on. Probably most weapons with incandescent will be really good though. I have a decent amount of weapons I need to level still. Takes me a minute though.

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Shadow said:

Mini Tool is dope but Drang is slept on. Probably most weapons with incandescent will be really good though. I have a decent amount of weapons I need to level still. Takes me a minute though.

I was a big Sturm / Drang user when I ran PvE Gunslinger, especially after Menagerie when Drang got upgraded to two mod slots.

MIDA Multi / MIDA Mini was my go-to PvP load-out until Bungie fucked over Scouts and SMGs during the Auto-Rifle meta.  It was either run Hard Light / Mountaintop / Hammerhead or get melted.

Part of the reason I haven't reinstalled is the terror of jumping back into the game and finding myself unarmed because the last weapons I had in my inventory were sunset like five months ago.  Or maybe I'll still have weapons, but my Power Level will be fucking dirt.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Part of the reason I haven't reinstalled is the terror of jumping back into the game and finding myself unarmed because the last weapons I had in my inventory were sunset like five months ago.  Or maybe I'll still have weapons, but my Power Level will be fucking dirt.

Your level wouldn't be dirt since everything got raised at the start of Witch Queen to 1550.

And since the soft cap is now 1560 - you would quickly get to that with random drops.

The New Light experience wouldn't be hideous for you since you have played the game before. Poor poor players going in completely blind

Which speaking of how overwhelming New Light can be - it reminded me of this clip

And that isn't even all the pop ups you get.

I have been thinking about finally bringing my Hunter into D2 just for the couple of achievements - so having to go through this again makes me giggle

It just amuses me that Destiny has become a game where dickbags laud their ability to solo damn near anything and avoid human interaction like the plague and yet a game mode that rewards team play just befuddles the living shit out of everyone.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

God it really was the wrong week to have that 2nd IB week

Oh well - won't get the Iron Lord Title until next season (I just need to complete the objective Triumph)

Meanwhile - Solstice already off to a rousing start with maintenance being extended for a hour so no one can play till at least 2 PM EST

Yeah, the grognards are currently complaining about everything on the Reddits since the Bungie board is unavailable whenever full server maintenance is going on.