DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Finally soloed a Master Lost Sector... and of course didn't get an exotic to drop.

Not a big deal since it was a leg day but I did find it amusing

That is surprising. I thought the Master solo run was supposed to be a near guarantee. i ran a handful of legends and one master to finally get the last two newer hunter arm exotics. Still need to get the Star Eater Scales for legs though my interest in it is more collector based.

Hit max power last Tuesday. Spent the next couple of days after running the Nightfalls with no Horror's Least dropping. For the weekend I was playing Trials. I got up to four match wins so far. Doubt I will hit 7 though I want to go far enough to be able to pick up Forgiveness from the rewards list at least. Playing Trials the last couple of week shave annoyed me. The losing will always bother me somewhat, but its more the fact that I'm starting to get used to Last Word. It just feels wrong, especially after the nerfed my much preferred Dead Man's Tale to crap.

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

That is surprising. I thought the Master solo run was supposed to be a near guarantee. i ran a handful of legends and one master to finally get the last two newer hunter arm exotics. Still need to get the Star Eater Scales for legs though my interest in it is more collector based.

It bumps the Exotic drop rate from "rare" to "common"

Apparently "common" means 30% and "rare" means 25%

I was wondering why I saw more and more folks saying it was better to do Legend unless you were going for Triumphs

Caveat - there is some discussion that there is a higher rate if you don't have the exotic already and of course it was Path of the Burning Steps day the day I soloed - which is the one exotic I have

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 7:42 AM, RIPPA said:

Here we go - it was Evaze

It does a nice job summarizing everything

Cayde's dare is specific to any Hunter who kills him and takes his stuff.

So a) Uldren wasn't a Hunter at the time and b) Uldren not having honor to accept would be the least shocking thing ever.

Cayde's recording doesn't sound specific. ("This one is for any Hunter that kills me.") 

Cayde is spitballing as usual and assumes that Marcus Ren will be the one that got him given that Marcus is batshit crazy, brilliant (Ren is a master engineer and the inventor of the StompEE5s and FrostEE5s as well as the Overthrust mod for Sparrows that allows for increased speeds at the risk of blowing yourself up), and a habitual risk taker that would accept any challenge on impulse.   

Cayde also knows that by taking the Dare, Marcus would (in typical Marcus Ren fashion) show that he didn't exactly think things all the way through before accepting the dare, since aside from the death of a beloved Hunter, completing the dare successfully means being shackled to the Tower.

A fate that no self-respecting Hunter would ever want.

"Congratulations, dummy."

Ana is the worst possible candidate.  The smart money is still on Crow, especially after that Twitter poll feeling out the fanbase.

Good on Evaze to remember Shiro-4 aka the best choice for the job IF the position had to be filled.   

The best choice for the vacancy is that it should remain vacant.  Zavala still commands the respect of the Hunters, but each Hunter is his own Vanguard.  Your cloak is your home.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

A lot of folks want Shiro to come back in some way shape or form since they are one of the few (only???) "major" characters to not return from the original Destiny

Oh and of course

The first Legend Lost Sector I do this morning and I get No Backup Plans

I will never ever use them but they are nice to have

And now I got to go check the game now instead of later after eating.

Edit: Starting to wonder if it might be a mistake to be keeping the Crown of Sorrows on the Helm.

Edited by Eivion

Oh, I think she's trustworthy as far her being genuinely committed to the cause of the Vanguard. 

I just she is batshit crazy and that is well....  a disadvantage.

"You had... disadvantages."

"What disadvantages?"

"You're insane."

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

It's funny. I was just finishing up the quest to go to the pyramid and while I was loading, I came here to see what you all thought of the story. I'm looking at the posts confused and I turn to the tv and I'm like "Oh. Oh no. Helm is fucked."

• Haha 1

I think they stealth buffed the drop rates on Lost Sectors or at least put in some sort of bad luck protection

I got a Precious Scars on my first clear yesterday so that is 3 straight runs where I got the exotic to drop on Legend

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

What was weird?

The latest story mission

I mean if we could just stab nightmares straight away - it would have saved a lot of time

• Haha 1

According to the patch notes of the latest hotfix - the Piercing Sidearm artifact mod is active again

Also - they claim to have fixed the two big Rift bugs (the Spark despawning and the endless transmat loop). Guess we have wait for the next IB to see.

I'm just happy to see piecing sidearms useable again.

Not sure if it started this week or was there always, but you will find red auras with dialogues from the nightmares when going back and forth between the Royal Pools and Pleasure Gardens.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm just happy to see piecing sidearms useable again.

Not sure if it started this week or was there always, but you will find red auras with dialogues from the nightmares when going back and forth between the Royal Pools and Pleasure Gardens.

Yeah I ran into two of them today and was like “did I miss these before”?

Now I will say I think they are new (assuming one was up to date on the season story) because one of them was so blatantly out in the open there is no way I wouldn’t have run through it before 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per the new TWAB - the following exotics are getting nerfed in PvP

• Lorentz Driver
  • Gally
  • Last Word

They would nerf the Last Word just as my ass is finally learning to use it semi-effectively in PvP.

The TWAB seemed to mostly be about improving Airborne Effectiveness that people bitched about after all of the Warlock and Titans players began to realize changes there fucked them over more than it did the jumpiness of Hunters.