DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I was piddling my way through Luna's Howl when I tapped out.  I am not sure if I deleted the quest bounty when I quit.

You didn't finish Luna's Howl? That is surprising. I figured it was maybe just Not Forgotten you didn't do. That was how it was for me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You didn't finish Luna's Howl? That is surprising. I figured it was maybe just Not Forgotten you didn't do. That was how it was for me.

I really wasn't good enough at PvP to contest for Luna's at first and I pretty much death lobbied my way to Mountaintop.   It was when I started working on the RTK and the Revoker that I really started to find my rhythm in PvP and began to enjoy Glory match play.   By the time I finally got around to taking my shot at Luna's, Bungie started making dumb decisions and it was my time to hang up my spurs.

• Like 1

dmg tweeted that, basically, Bungie is doing an experiment and all but said they aren't releasing a trailer/info on the new season until the last minute

I await Datto's Spring cleaning vids next season now that you fucking magpies have 100 more slots to store stuff that you should be shredding.

Edited by J.T.

It was kind of necessary with the increasing amount of new weapons and crafting. That said, I wonder how long it will take youtubers like Aztec to max it. I feel like it happens within a week.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It was kind of necessary with the increasing amount of new weapons and crafting. That said, I wonder how long it will take youtubers like Aztec to max it. I feel like it happens within a week.

I feel like a lot of folks admitted to having full vaults within two weeks of Witch Queen dropping (granted a lot of that was do to the broken crafting system)

Part of that is because since folks don't know (and Bungie isn't saying until basically the season starts) if it is Solar or Arc 3.0 - so it is waiting on weapons to see what the new Meta is

Related to this Frostbolt had Datto do a vault cleaning video just recently and it is a really interesting discussion between one of the the top PvP players and one of the top PvE players over what constitutes rolls they are looking, both admitting to not knowing if something would be good in the other's meta, etc...

• Like 1

Other notes from the TWAB (though none of it, info people wanted)

Seasonal events are continuing to be overhauled (they said this actual started with Festival of the Lost last Fall) - Solstice of Heroes is now just Solstice (Starts June 19). They are streamlining the armor process and it will only be one armor set you have to upgrade and you can get different rolls.

They are introducing an "Event Card" which will work similar to the Seasonal Weekly Challenges. There will also be Event Seals and Titles

Also the Caps will increase by the suspected 10 Light (Soft Cap 1510, Power 1560, Hard 1570)

They also seemed to imply that the new Dungeon (which drops May 27 so the first Friday of the season) will be discovered by the players and they aren't going to promote it ahead of time.

Oh and this is basically for JT - the Digital Deluxe Edition (which is the version that gives you access to everything) will be available to anyone who hasn't bought the Deluxe Edition yet for 25% off

• Like 1

Aka they saw Esoterickk's video were Solo he got a score of almost 850K

(basically the spot in the middle of the strike where you have to capture the two plates - once you start the plates, enemies will spawn forever until the plates are captured)

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Related to this Frostbolt had Datto do a vault cleaning video just recently and it is a really interesting discussion between one of the the top PvP players and one of the top PvE players over what constitutes rolls they are looking, both admitting to not knowing if something would be good in the other's meta, etc...

Sadly this is true.  The rolls that guarantee survival in PvP will get you killed in PvE and visa versa.  That's why PvPers tend to gravitate towards weapons that are good in any situation (*cough* Recluse & Mountaintop *cough*) since force of habit causes them to want to spend as little time as possible surfing their menus while PvEers tend to hoard rolls and can spend weeks juggling shit around during a single activity.

Both behaviors probably pushed Bungie to decide that sunsetting was the best option to clear the weapon pool.

Hardcore PvPers are kinda dense when it comes to PvE rolls.  They scoff at perks like Subsistence that have little value in the Crucible, but will save your ass in a Nightfall.

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and this is basically for JT - the Digital Deluxe Edition (which is the version that gives you access to everything) will be available to anyone who hasn't bought the Deluxe Edition yet for 25% off.

Yes, my homie, Psycho Josh aka Dargathan, is getting back into D2 and I keep receiving gentle reminders about D2 price changes for all of the Beyond Light+ content.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yes, my homie, Psycho Josh aka Dargathan, is getting back into D2 and I keep receiving gentle reminders about D2 price changes.

I am still friends with him and I noticed a couple of times the notification that he was playing Destiny 2 

I think Budy wiserr is the only other person on my friends list who still plays D2

For some reason I never clipped Big Fresh from my Friend List and I noticed that he also still plays albeit infriequently.

He sent me a Hate PM before I retired after I invaded during a Gambit Prime match and splashed his entire team with a Blade Barrage in route to a crushing victory. 

In the final weeks, I was an indie freelancer hanging out with the folks from two or three clans before I quit and I was helping the clan leader of the Bad Bunny Brigade (good peeps, horrible clan name) get her Gambit title at the expense of Fresh's win streak and happiness.

Edited by J.T.

Funnily - I just noticed Fresh was still on my list too

Heck - of the old D2 folks don't even seem to use their accounts anymore

Mis just plays PUBG

Slimy I think gave his account to his kid because the only thing that pops up is Minecraft or Dragon Quest X

Yeah, Mis streams his PUBG matches.  From what I gather, his teams are really good.  I am slightly above average at PvP, but I think I would drag his squads down if I hooked up with them.

I have no idea what Slimy is up to.  He, or whomever is using his account, is never on when I am.

The cool British peeps, my numerous internet nephews, and the old MAGA farts that did not know I was secretly Liberal and Black have moved on to CoD: Warzone, Valorant, and Apex Legends.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I await Datto's Spring cleaning vids next season now that you fucking magpies have 100 more slots to store stuff that you should be shredding.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sadly this is true.  The rolls that guarantee survival in PvP will get you killed in PvE and visa versa.  That's why PvPers tend to gravitate towards weapons that are good in any situation (*cough* Recluse & Mountaintop *cough*) since force of habit causes them to want to spend as little time as possible surfing their menus while PvEers tend to hoard rolls and can spend weeks juggling shit around during a single activity.

I have to admit I do understand wanting juggle your weapons around as little as possible. This season is the first time in a long time where I really went out of the way switching around weapons and mods for PvP/PvE. Its annoying but certainly helpful. Its also made me realize/accept that I kind of fucked up and made one of my craftable weapons a good PvP weapon opposed to a good PvE weapon as intended. I could change it, but its annoyingly costly. And I'd rather not level up a second gun due to time commitment as well. Already busy trying to level up my stasis SMG along with masterworking various exotics. I only just last realized last night I have never used Skyburner's Oath. I surprisingly like it and now have to go wading through lost sectors and other shit on the EDZ so I can murder enough Cabal to complete it.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

dmg shitting on Paul Tassi is gonna put a pep in my step the rest of the day

Please elaborate.  I want to share in the celebration.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Please elaborate.  I want to share in the celebration.

Basically Tassi has been whiny that Bungie isn't revealing every single detail of the next season before the season starts

He got so whiny that he started speculating that what it really meant was Bungie was going be like "EVERYTHING IS DELAYED!!!!"

And dmg shut that shit down

Finished up all of my Gambit and Trials seasonal bounties yesterday. Finally managed to get the Gambit memento during this time though I gave no idea when exactly. Trials started off well with me winning the first 3-4 games only to crash hard as I expected.

Debating whether or not I want to finish up a reset for Trials since I'm so close or if I just want to focus on getting Palindrome since its no longer dropping come Tuesday. I have several, but only one of them has an origin trait and its more of a PvP roll which I can care only so much for, even moreso with the current IB hand cannon being good.

I actually did complete the Scarlet Keep on GM, but got a damn Plug.ONE instead. Feels weird how annoyed I was since I actually like the thing. I just give so little shit about it when its the Palindrome I want.

• Like 1

I didn't plan well as I figured I would LFG for the random things I still needed to do over the weekend (like Legend PsiOps)

Totally spaced it was the last Trials weekend of the year so between that and folks trying to get Pali - LFG was brutal for my needs.

I did finish up the story on my Warlock and got a reset on Gambit done so it wasn't a total loss.

I am "working from home" today so maybe I will have better luck during the day

• Like 1