DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yes, but you can't craft a Quickfang style sword.  Are there any Hunter ninja swords that can be created with the new system?  That's my question.

There are no swords in the crafting system as of yet. No swords or hand cannons are craftable right now though at least swords have a spot that says some will be eventually.

Edited by Eivion

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I haven't really checked. Are none of the craftable weapons foundry related?

Here is the full list of craftable weapons - trying to cross-reference it with the foundry weapons is infuriating because of how many there are.

https://www.blueberries.gg/weapons/destiny-2-craftable-weapons/

I did a really shitty scan and I didn't see any but that doesn't mean they technically aren't there

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

There are no swords in the crafting system as of yet. No swords or hand cannons are craftable right now though at least swords have a spot that says some will be eventually.

Odd that there are no Hand Cannons since they still appear to be PvP meta.  It makes sense that that there are no swords since developing glaives appears to be the primary focus.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly - I think they are afraid of what allowing any type of freedom to Hand Cannons will do to the game

That too..  It won't take long to find and incredibly toxic build and share it over YouTube.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yes, but you can't craft a Quickfang style sword.  Are there any Hunter ninja swords that can be created with the new system?  That's my question.

Currently you can't craft any swords but they do have a section for them so they will be adding some eventually. 

Also I found that light.gg shows good rolls from vendors and they had an amazing quickfang a couple weeks ago and it's my favorite heavy weapon for pvp. It's so cool to look like a ninja on my hunter!

• Like 2

There's also tons of community feedback for fixing things that has so far gone unheeded while this weapon gets a nerf with the swiftness.   The argument that streamers have a bigger say in what happens in the sandbox is not as absurd as Fallout thinks.  I have never been invited by Bungie to playtest anything and Datto has.

That being said, the nerf is a good thing as it will prevent future headaches caused by everyone and their brother running around with that shotgun roll.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

That being said, the nerf is a good thing as it will prevent future headaches caused by everyone and their brother running around with that shotgun roll.

It wasn't shotguns - it was Fusion Rifles

Xur over the last like 2 months sold 3 different God roll Main Ingredient Fusions and if I remember correctly, two of them had Firmly Planted

It basically was all anyone was using in PvP. (I am being slightly facetious but if you look at the list of most used "competitive PvP" weapons - Main Ingredient was in the Top Slot)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It wasn't shotguns - it was Fusion Rifles

Same principle. OHK at close range.  

Fusions were becoming dominant when I was still playing and it looks like that hasn't changed.  Telesto was still broken, Arbalest was ridiculous, and Erentil was starting to see some use.  Main Ingredient has always been a solid weapon.  Part of me is happy to see it and part of me hates that it has become a crutch weapon.

Edited by J.T.

TLDR: Made a lot of changes to get better at pvp and learned some interesting things about the game.

Spoiler

So I finally decided to go full tryhard on my hunter in pvp. It's more fun now that I have improved a little bit but I am still not good enough to be beneficial to the team. So I started from scratch. 

First I watched a good build video. It showed me how to change my stats for pvp. The biggest change was in my recovery. I think when I started I had something like 30 recovery. Now I am at 100/20/100/70/70/50. PsiOps was really good for getting some high stat armor. I also was able to finally get powerful friends mod a couple days ago as they had not sold it since I have been playing. Finding out that PF and the Strength mod would work for each other and that helped a lot.

I had enough materials to masterwork 4 out of 5 of my armor pieces. I am using wormhusk crown and I need three golf balls for that. For weapons I am using Crimson and Quickfang. Still deciding what I want to use in my energy slot. I was using my glaive but it was only really good if you caught someone by surprise.

As I said above light.gg is something I didn't know existed until a couple weeks ago. That and DIM have been amazing. Light has helped me weed out guns that are terrible. I also didn't know there was a recoil stat. Knowing that makes a lot more sense about how to hit headshots. I also learned to shoot the wall to see the recoil pattern if I don't have time to look it up. Also have a better idea about why stability, handling, and weapon perks are so important. Now I don't have to blindly just trust what I hear is good.

I have to give a big shout out to Ascendant Nomad. His videos have given me a lot to consider when figuring where to move, why I'd go to a location, and how to make the most out of the information available. 

I still won't be good for a long while but at least I have tangible ways to improve. Thank you guys for your patience with a Destiny noob.

I think it's cool that Bungie is suing the people who did the YouTube take downs. Have they always been this community friendly?

• Like 2

BTW - if you haven't already, I would recommend finding a couple of videos explaining the way settings work in Destiny now and tweaking them.

I admit - I only just in the last couple of weeks, after watching a few videos, moved off of the default XBOX settings and some of the changes have been a huge help.

It started with Fallout's video (which dmg commented on Twitter that in response to this video, even he fiddled with his settings)

Then look up Shadow Destiny's Youtube channel - he had a bunch of videos that were a big help.

I didn't do anything as drastic as some of the high level players but just expanding my FOV and toggling a couple of sensitivity settings made a big difference (I am still trying to find the sweet spot for my personal playstyle)

• Like 1

CoolCheese announced he is stepping away from Destiny 2 and will be giving his account a "Viking Funeral" this afternoon (basically deleting every item he has)

He noted he actually hasn't enjoyed the game since Forsaken and hoped Witch Queen would change that but for him it was more of the same.

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm also in retirement, but I'm not deleting my Hunter.  It would be too much effort to reinstall just to go in and get rid of all of my shit.

Someone asked him why he was deleting if he eventually might return and he said he would rather come back start fresh with a new character and new weapons

I did skim his twitter feed and it basically seems like he made his decision after like 3 days of playing with his mind already made up (he is one of the folks who think you should only have primary weapons and the game should be ultra hard like a Souls game). There is also a hint of being a contrarian but that is what it is. (Though he is now the champion of the DESTINY IS A DEAD GAME!!!! crowd)

He also thinks Halo Infinite is a masterpiece so take that for what it is worth

I don't think that Destiny is a dead game, but there was a lot not to like before the new Witch Queen story.  Those decisions Bungo made led to a lot of retirements.  I don't think anyone from the clan I led play the game anymore.

Deleting your gear is fine, but starting over from Level 1 is fucking stupid.  If I decide to come back, I'll pick up where I left off and slug through the most recent content.  I'm not fighting though mandatory content from the Red War or Forsaken again, if there is any since Bungie loves to vault shit.

It'll be bad enough going through all of the Beyond Light / Witch Queen stuff.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It'll be bad enough going through all of the Beyond Light / Witch Queen stuff.

The Witch Queen stuff is enjoyable to play - but yeah like last month when I was doing the Beyond Light stuff on my Warlock I forgot how irritating it could get

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Witch Queen stuff is enjoyable to play - but yeah like last month when I was doing the Beyond Light stuff on my Warlock I forgot how irritating it could get

It would be even worse for me since I'd probably get the Anniversary stuff and no one would be around to help me get the Halo guns.

On 3/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, Shadow said:

Also I found that light.gg shows good rolls from vendors and they had an amazing quickfang a couple weeks ago and it's my favorite heavy weapon for pvp. It's so cool to look like a ninja on my hunter!

Right!?  Genji running is THE BEST~!  I love the Veist ninja swords for Hunters!

This was pretty much my fighting style back in the day:

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

It would be even worse for me since I'd probably get the Anniversary stuff and no one would be around to help me get the Halo guns.

I'm sure RIPPA would help. I would too if able. Really most, if not all, of the Halo guns are available via an activity that has matchmaking so you should be fine.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm sure RIPPA would help. I would too if able. Really most, if not all, of the Halo guns are available via an activity that has matchmaking so you should be fine.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Plus the 30th Anniversary stuff offer weekly pinnacle drops so people are always playing it

Sounds good.  I may convince myself to buy this shit in the coming weeks depending on what my tax refund looks like.  Don't get your hopes up because my priority is a new smartphone.  My HTC has bit the dust.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1