DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

A little irritated that the lore puzzle in preservation mission isn't working at the moment. Maybe it'll be fixed when they update on Thursday. 

Is it worth the materials to upgrade the iron banner gear? I managed to get 4 pieces. Slowly getting better at it. Probably going to try a different pvp build next time to see if I can do better.

Off to go find this weeks moths and level weapons. 

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

Is it worth the materials to upgrade the iron banner gear? I managed to get 4 pieces. Slowly getting better at it. Probably going to try a different pvp build next time to see if I can do better.

Depends on what you have and what you want to use it for. The new hand cannon for instance is pretty solid in PvP so if you have a roll you like I would suggest slapping on a full auto mod and masterworking it for the extra stat bump.

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Depends on what you have and what you want to use it for. The new hand cannon for instance is pretty solid in PvP so if you have a roll you like I would suggest slapping on a full auto mod and masterworking it for the extra stat bump.

I got some decent guns from this past week that I can use. I was more talking about the armor. Do you get the enhancement prisms often enough to upgrade new gear?

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I got some decent guns from this past week that I can use. I was more talking about the armor. Do you get the enhancement prisms often enough to upgrade new gear?

IB armors aren't really any different from normal armors. If you get a good high stat roll you can work into your build then its worth investing in. Otherwise its fodder for glimmer, shards, etc. and I guess potential fashion choices via synthweave.

The only armors that offer something more are raid armors and the gear from Grasp of Avarice's master version. Raid Armors offer raid mods and the master GOA gear has artifact mod slots.

Actually I take that back ever so slightly. Season of the Risen gear has some sort of bonus that escapes me right now so high stat versions of it might be worth checking out.

If you are doing higher level Nightfalls then enhancement prisms will drop like candy (slight overstatement). In general though I have had to delete prisms from my inventory for the last year maybe due to how many you get. Most of the vendors offer them in the ranking process so you get plenty.

Yeah unless you have the stuff with the extra mod slot - the only thing that matters is the stats roll. Well and I guess, technically, which subclass is has the affinity too but you can at least change that.

You can also buy enhancement prisms from the Cryptarch

That being said - I tend to not go beyond Level 7 on anything until it is the roll I absolutely want since you don't have to spend prisms until you go from 7 to 8.

Speaking of Wellspring - they definitely upped the drop rate of weapons with deepsight or otherwise I am getting really lucky since I have gotten a Come to Pass with Deepsight on all 3 runs so far.

Hopefully this will keep up the next time Tarnation is in the rotation

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why don't you guys do all of these co-op PVE things together since cross-play is enabled or does cross-play not work with enforced LFG or enforced matchmaking?

If Eivion is using the in game Destiny LFG - then he is only seeing PS folks just like I only see XBOX folks

You can do cross-play using Bungie Name (this is the way folks do it via Discord, Reddit, etc...)

I think the biggest thing is that we have completely different schedules as I never see E or Shadow online via the clan thingy (now to be fair - I frequently forget to check it too)

Bungie revealed in the TWAB that the copyright takedowns were people (well people creating bots) to create fake Gmail accounts which allowed them to then put in fake copyright claims

The most recent wave of takedowns was peculiar and upon further investigation we have confirmed that they included some takedown actions from fraudulent accounts created to impersonate our IP protection service.   

Google has confirmed that the accounts that have submitted fraudulent legal requests to YouTube have been terminated and will no longer have access to Google products. All fraudulent submissions from these accounts will be reversed (some have already, the rest should come through shortly). The processing of these takedowns was an enforcement mistake by Google, and beyond rescinding the strikes and reinstating the videos, they are also working on process improvements to reduce the likelihood of any similar mistakes in the future. Please be patient as we work with YouTube to correct the fraudulent DMCA notices. In the meantime, we ask that you please refrain from harassing any member of the community or any employee of CSC. 

Saw that earlier in vids from Aztec and Houndish. Have to admit I wasn't expecting it to actually be people with malicious intent. I figured it was just the usual corporate legal bullshit from someone trying to act on Bungie's behalf.

Hit the hard cap for power on my armor finally. I'm 1577 with artifact which I also finally got all of my mods.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Learn something new everyday (or just never realized it)

Anti-barrier rounds go through Phalanx shields

You never realized it.  It used to be that the Skyburner's Oath was the only weapon that could punch through a Phalanx shield until AB rounds and artifacts came along.

I don't think I ever process why it worked just that "hey - dude is now dead"

Also, as frequently mentioned, my memory is shit now.

Like I have been watching a lot of videos from the early days of Destiny 2 and I had forgotten that things like "Iron Burden" were a thing until seeing it again and then it was "Oh yeah..."

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think I ever process why it worked just that "hey - dude is now dead"

One of the most likely reasons they sunset The Recluse is because it used to chew through enemies in all of the Cabal BBEG raids (Leviathan, Spire of Stars, Eater of Worlds).  Holding Castellum during the Leviathan raid was nearly trivialized thanks to AB rounds for The Recluse.

I thought that the Calus raids would be permanently vaulted now that the Cabala are something of an ally but if VoG can find its way back, I guess Leviathan / Spire of Stars / Eater of Worlds will eventually see the light of day again.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought that the Calus raids would be permanently vaulted now that the Cabala are something of an ally but if VoG can find its way back, I guess Leviathan / Spire of Stars / Eater of Worlds will eventually see the light of day again.

I don't think everything vaulted is supposed to be permanently gone so much as phased in and out at cycles to keep things semi-fresh while also allowing for new material.

Well one thing folks rediscovered (as in Bungie announced it but it was so long ago everyone forgot) - that in addition to each season bringing an updated subclass (ie Solar and Arc 3.0) - but they will be alternating between new raid and bringing an old raid back.

So folks are speculating based on the story hints - that Leviathan and King's Fall are coming back this Year (King's Fall is teased HEAVY with Savathun's 2 truths, 2 lies stuff)

So has Bungie ever mentioned anything on whether or not hand cannons will eventually be craftable? I notice they are the one weapon missing from the Encave whenever I go to crafter or reshape. Swords are there despite there being nothing for this season so it makes me wonder.

Edited by Eivion

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Will Hunters be able to craft a Veist style blade so that we can ninja walk again? 

That isn't how crafting works - at least for right now. Much like Transmorg, you can't just do whatever the fuck you want.

You can only craft Deepsight weapons (where you have to unlock the weapon pattern first before you can even craft it). Then each weapon has a very specific perk pool you can choose from to add to the weapon.

Veist - being its own weapon foundry is just drops out in the wild with Veist Stinger being an Origin Trait. You can't add an Origin Trait in crafting

Well that sucks.  The whole point of using Quickfang or Goldtusk was looking awesome and having the genji run animation while dashing off into battle.  Now everyone is stuck with that two handed grip clunky walk when using swords.

I would annoy the shit out of dudes in Crucible by doing the sword cleaning emote after killing them with Goldtusk.   I have forgotten how many Regent medals I got during my second kill 'em with a sword in PvP phase after I got my Whirlwind Blade / Assassin's Blade roll for Goldtusk.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Veist - being its own weapon foundry is just drops out in the wild with Veist Stinger being an Origin Trait. You can't add an Origin Trait in crafting

I haven't really checked. Are none of the craftable weapons foundry related?

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well that sucks.  The whole point of using Quickfang or Goldtusk was looking awesome and having the genji run animation while dashing off into battle.  Now everyone is stuck with that two handed grip clunky walk when using swords.

I mean Quickfang has been around again for nearly a year so we already can go around like ninjas with it.

Edited by Eivion

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I mean Quickfang has been around again for nearly a year so we already can go around like ninjas with it.

Yes, but you can't craft a Quickfang style sword.  Are there any Hunter ninja swords that can be created with the new system?  That's my question.