DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

There is a new perk called Lasting Impression that does that. Usually it's on rocket launchers. You get a small initial hit and then a much bigger explosion afterwards. If it's not that perk then it's Timed Payload.

I know about those perks. Been using Lasting Impression on my created rocket launchers. You can only use the Scorch Cannon in Team Scorched. Can't even use abilities. 

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - Scorched is terrible for a lot of reasons. That being said - I would rather just do a few matches while working on snipers then actually go out and fight people for kills with a sniper

I have also run out of room for all the materials and Bungie needs to come up with a way to use these quick

Yeah I'm not sure why they thought it was a remotely good idea to have material limits for Enclave weapons, let alone such small ones.

So from the patch notes today - they already made changes to the new Gambit

First of all - they had accidentally turned on level advantage so that was fixed

It was a little unclear in the wording but basically they are either turning off or REALLY tuning down tracking ammo (this is just for Gambit). Because they realized - surprise surprise - people were only using tracking rockets to invade so basically whoever got the first invade had a huge advantage

They also are lowering the amount that an invader heals the primeval from 27% to 20%

• Like 2

Kind of surprised it took them this long to figure out tracking rockets should probably be tuned down in an activity like Gambit. I'm happy for the Primeval heal nerf. That shit healed way the fuck too much.

Of course all of these changes won't matter if players themselves don't grasp that they need to actively target invaders unless they are hoarding a shit ton of motes.

Dmg tweeted that the actual change is “tracking on other players. Tracking on AI is unchanged”

It applies to Gambit and Crucible (though clearly not as much of a problem in Crucible)

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Kind of surprised it took them this long to figure out tracking rockets should probably be tuned down in an activity like Gambit. 

Tracking rocket launchers pretty much ruined Gambit while I played, especially Truth.  Turning them off will make matches more competitive for defenders as well as invaders.  It will be nice if the game gets back to the point where wearing Gambit armor actually matters.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Of course all of these changes won't matter if players themselves don't grasp that they need to actively target invaders unless they are hoarding a shit ton of motes.

There will always be a good chance you will get a dumbass on your Gambit team.  That will never change.

One thing I do think was kind of crappy on Bungie's part was to keep last year's Gambit weapons but not update them with origin traits. They did it with Trials weapons so I have no idea why they couldn't do the same with Gambit's old weapons.

Edit: I see Bungie decided to be assholes and not put in freelance Trials. This is the most 3 stacks I have fought in  logn time.

Edited by Eivion

As annoying as Trials has been it is nice to have the Summoner finally and Aisha's Embrace. Don't care for Compulsive reloader despite being someone does it often, but it is nice to have Golden tricorn and Vorpal on them. Not terrible rolls overall.

One thing I have to say is I do wish Bungie would power up bows a pinch. Mostly I just feel like there is no excuse why a bow can't take down the barrier of a Barrier champ in 1-2 shots. It makes zero sense with a weapon you basically have to charge. You basically are screwing yourself and your teammates if you aren't using a scout rifle at this point.

Matchmaking for Trials was much better Sunday so things sucked significantly less though a couple of teams I worked with in the day time sucked to the point I wanted to strangle someone just a pinch. People who wouldn't push when they needed to or would run off on their own like they were actually good (they were not).

I'm mostly just happy to have all of my weekly pinnacles done sans the raid which was never an option for me. I'm at 1555 minus the artifact now.

With all of the yelling and screaming going on over Trials I decided to not bother this weekend.

Spent the time doing various grinding - especially on the Outbreak and Grand Overture catalysts

Speaking of catalysts - the game is handing them out like candy now. Got the Hawkmoon and Le Monarque ones to go along with the 100 others I still have to grind

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Veist is making Auto-Rifles a thing again.

All of the origin traits are good - with the exception of the Gambit one since all that does is if you tag an Invader the entire team can see where they are (however, the nice thing is it comes with a 2nd perk that you can switch back and forth on)

Regarding the Krait - I have one Compulsive Reloader and Focused Fury that is doing just fine.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

All of the origin traits are good - with the exception of the Gambit one since all that does is if you tag an Invader the entire team can see where they are (however, the nice thing is it comes with a 2nd perk that you can switch back and forth on)

Did they vault The Reckoning?  Being able to tag Invaders is a Sentry armor perk.  I guess you'd need to give weapons some origin traits to accomplish the same things that Gambit armor did if you are vaulting Reckoning and sunsetting Gambit armor.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Did they vault The Reckoning?  Being able to tag Invaders is a Sentry armor perk.  I guess you'd need to give weapons some origin traits to accomplish the same things that Gambit armor did if you are vaulting Reckoning and sunsetting Gambit armor.

Oh yeah - they vaulted the Reckoning with Beyond Light when they did the last overhaul of Gambit (where they combined vanilla Gambit with Gambit Prime)

Obviously you can transmog the armor but you can't acquire it new anymore

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Spent the time doing various grinding - especially on the Outbreak and Grand Overture catalysts

The kill requirement for Outbreak is incredibly high. I suggest using those high enemy spots in Shattered Throne or Last Wish. 

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Veist is making Auto-Rifles a thing again.

I think I got a subsistence/Headstone roll in one of my first three drops when I ran the legendary campaign. The one mission I used it made add clearing absurdly easy. It is good just in general, but a monster when paired with Stasis. The only reasons I haven't been using it and Funnelweb more often is most of the higher level content right now isn't using Overload champs, and I have crafted weapons to level up. That said, those two Veist weapons are wonderful. Subsistence on them may honestly be cheating at this point with the origin trait Veist weapons have. I hope we get a Veist machine gun at some point.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

A Hunter build for Eivion to go with the Krait rifle.

I'm like halfway here already with my build. I mostly focus on invisibility since I like to be able to run from shit when I can. That said, until now I was not actually sure what devour did. Now I feel like a dumbass for not using it and will have to take look at my build. 

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think Crucible's trait kind of sucks as well. Iron Banner's is good, but also probably bugged as its working when it probably shouldn't be. I'm not complaining. I love using the the new scout Rifle in PvE content so having Alacrity there is quite nice.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

The kill requirement for Outbreak is incredibly high. I suggest using those high enemy spots in Shattered Throne or Last Wish. 

I've been using it since I got it - I think I am around 85% right now.

Wellspring is a good spot for lots and lots of kills too

• Like 1

And the main quest for Season of the Risen is over. Kind of surprised and wonder if they have anything else story wise before the next season. Pretty sure we still have a good 8 weeks or more before then so I kind of expected them to drag it out more. I dug the conclusion. Was a solid bit of storytelling though I wonder how much credit Crow managed to tank after getting built up so well the past year.

Edited by Eivion

Season of the Risen ends May 24 so they are 10 more weeks.

There has to be one more thing coming from somewhere as there is one more lore page to go

Based on a couple of the comments - I am wondering if we are getting IB Labs at some point with them saying Caital has "ideas for the Iron Banner"

Also remember that Guardian Games will be this season - so that will take up 3 or 4 of the weeks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

Damnit Crow, you were doing so well.

That is the first time in a while I wanted to shoot him in the head again.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Season of the Risen ends May 24 so they are 10 more weeks.

There has to be one more thing coming from somewhere as there is one more lore page to go

Based on a couple of the comments - I am wondering if we are getting IB Labs at some point with them saying Caital has "ideas for the Iron Banner"

Also remember that Guardian Games will be this season - so that will take up 3 or 4 of the weeks

I knew I was forgetting some sort of seasonal event. Guardian games was it.