DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

A couple of teams - including Datto's - are at the final encounter and have figured out how to get to the damage phase of the boss

Figure the raid SHOULD be beaten in the next hour or so

Finally went to Raid Report to check - Elysium won by 3 minutes (technically 3 minutes 15 seconds)

The top 5 all completed (and where the only ones) to finish in under 8 hours

As far as I can tell - the first two console clears where within 2 minutes of each other (1 on PS and 1 on XBOX) - 44th and 45th (which was 10 and a half hours)

Aztec's team cleared in over 17 hours

Fallout's team didn't beat the final encounter - they just picked it up again about 30 minutes ago

There is something deeply amusing about Esoterick already having a video up on how to solo the first chest

Clearly his team was dragging him down as their only finished 89th ?

• Haha 2

So if you want the lore in VoD/Preservation I suggest checking out Esoterick's vid. Apparently you have to run the mission 5 times at least to get it all or use the raid to reset the room where half of it is located.

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

So if you want the lore in VoD/Preservation I suggest checking out Esoterick's vid. Apparently you have to run the mission 5 times at least to get it all or use the raid to reset the room where half of it is located.

I did the mission for the first time today - wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be and I was like 8 LL under the recommendation.

I found 5 pieces of lore - not sure if there is more than that each week

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did the mission for the first time today - wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be and I was like 8 LL under the recommendation.

I found 5 pieces of lore - not sure if there is more than that each week

I believe its all there right now. Its just that one of the rooms you enter you can't go back to after finishing the mission so you need to do it 5 times.

Okay that makes sense

It will definitely be easier in a couple of weeks when (hopefully) I will have reached the cap

It will also help if the batteries in my controller don't die in the middle of a fight (thankfully that didn't happen in the Darkness zone part)

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The mission isn't bad. It just runs a little long if you are playing solo

The worst is one time I died as the ship was moving (a screeb jumped me from behind) - and the game spawned me all back at the old checkpoint despite the ship getting to the new one - so I had to sparrow back (and of course it was when the ship goes over the wall) before the prevailing darkness killed me

Other than that - only being able to do three stacks at a time when you solo stinks

I got Dead Messenger a bit ago. It was fun solo once I got past the tank part. Was looking for the catalyst only to find out they haven't put it in the game yet. I am a moron. 

I used my exotic cypher from the season pass to get Witherhoard and it is so good I don't know how I didn't get this earlier. 

My three characters are all at 1560s and my glaive is at level 57. Wonder if it will stop at 100.

I am trying to find more lore books. This season's story is really interesting to me. Guess I have to look what gives you more of them. Don't sleep on the Psyops missions lore. Saladin, Crow, and Zavala have been very compelling so far.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I wish people would come to the realization you can't brute force everything. Stasis is not the thing to use on Unstoppable champs in timed mission. Use proper damn mods.

I just want people who actually engage Champions.

The number of folks I get paired with who just flat out ignore them is infuriating

• Like 1

Team Scorched has to be one of the most annoying game styles they have made. I wish it was at least left out of the seasonal bounties.

The hit scan is just so damn random.

Edited by Eivion

The one good thing about Scorched (and Mayhem last week) is it an easy way to complete the deep sight research on your weapon.

Just have them equipped and you get like a 33% boost at the completion of each match. So three matches and you are done

Or have a weapon you want to level up equipped

That is one of the things I'm doing right now while trying to finish up the bounty. Its basically the only positive. Not sure its much better than running through a quick strike and just using said weapon. 

That said, I'm pretty sure the game I was just in someone was cheating as I noticed shots would occasionally stay on the surface and act as a mine. never seen that one before.

Oh yeah - Scorched is terrible for a lot of reasons. That being said - I would rather just do a few matches while working on snipers then actually go out and fight people for kills with a sniper

I have also run out of room for all the materials and Bungie needs to come up with a way to use these quick

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

That is one of the things I'm doing right now while trying to finish up the bounty. Its basically the only positive. Not sure its much better than running through a quick strike and just using said weapon. 

That said, I'm pretty sure the game I was just in someone was cheating as I noticed shots would occasionally stay on the surface and act as a mine. never seen that one before.

There is a new perk called Lasting Impression that does that. Usually it's on rocket launchers. You get a small initial hit and then a much bigger explosion afterwards. If it's not that perk then it's Timed Payload.

Edited by Shadow