DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Here is another example (non-Raid version)

They put in a whole bunch of secret chests in the Throne World where you use "Deepsight" to reveal the path and chest (think the Dreaming City).

You get a bunch of rep at the planet vendor for finding them, higher rep unlocks certain things, etc..

One Deepsight = One Chest (And the chest would reset within like if you reset the area)

Well players found two spots where you could open 2 or 3 chests with one Deepsight thus Zooming through all the Planet Vendor

So with yesterday's Hot Fix - Bungie removed all the Tier 3 chests since players were Zooming through all the ranks (Now players were doing it not so much for the rep - but the weapon drops partly because the crafting system is stupid and Bungie already acknowledged they are fixing it)

So theoretically it was working as intended... just not the way Bungie envisioned.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If that was the case - they wouldn't have a contest mode. Again - this is just for the World's First Race so it is only for the first 24 hours

Everyone can start to break the raid Sunday afternoon

Well, my questions were kinda rhetorical.  I think it is bullshit that they are turning off certain things for the World's First raid just because they may provide an advantage.  The whole point of Raids is to find those advantages and pair them up with strategies.

By turning those items off now and letting everyone know what's turned off, Bungie is pretty much telegraphing "Hey, you should probably use these weapons during the raid!" to everyone else who will do the raid once it goes live to the public. 

Smarter to just leave everything on, not tell anyone what to use, and let players figure out what works best, IMO.  Bungie thinks that having World's First raid contest that last for an entire day is fun, but it's not.  I have been there for the six hour VoG raid and thought that was murder.  I can't imagine what it's like for World's First peeps who are there for like twelve or more hours at a time.

"Not what Bungie envisioned" is such a fucking meme.

Edited by J.T.

I mean technically the raid is live to the Public at jump street - just most people won't try it until after contest mode ends.

But considering it (the World's First) is the one thing all their streamers constantly pester them about - they are gonna keep making a big fuss about it

Actually I should clarify the PvE folks (the PvP folks are still trying to get Bungie to make Cruicble an eSport which is just comical)

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, my questions were kinda rhetorical.  I think it is bullshit that they are turning off certain things for the World's First raid just because they may provide an advantage.  The whole point of Raids is to find those advantages and pair them up with strategies.

The weapons actually are straight up bugged. That is why they are being locked out. Ikelos & Imperial Needle have been accidently registered as exotics so they are getting the 40% damage buff in PvE. Wardcliff is doing more damage than intended as well. Not sure what is up with Grand Overture though I assume its similar in doing too much damage.

Keep in mind its the World First Raid runners who usually do want this stuff out during that run. They prefer the competition not be marred by broken things. After that they care a lot less.

Apparently someone at Bungie fucked up and disabled the suppressing glaive completely. It was a tad overpowered which makes me wonder if they will nerf it slightly before re-enabling it.

Edit: These memory conversations with Savathun feel made for lore nerds and general speculators with the constant two truths and two lies games. Going off of the ones I got this week, I'm guessing The Last City isn't actually the Last City and we are totally leaving the solar system post Final Shape.

Edited by Eivion

Just caught a vid of Myelin's. Apparently those bits that are off in the Mars Missives and obviously from Savathun also make her song when put together in musical notes. Like only two of those reports were actually legit.

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Apparently someone at Bungie fucked up and disabled the suppressing glaive completely. It was a tad overpowered which makes me wonder if they will nerf it slightly before re-enabling it.

It isn't a fuck up since they announced they were turning it off for everything

So that says to me it was more like a Telesto level issue than it just being too strong in the Raid

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Edit: These memory conversations with Savathun feel made for lore nerds and general speculators with the constant two truths and two lies games. Going off of the ones I got this week, I'm guessing The Last City isn't actually the Last City and we are totally leaving the solar system post Final Shape.

Like I said, if the weapons are bugged then it's okay to restrict their use, but don't limit weapon choice just because you never tested your shit and made some gear better than other gear.

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Keep in mind its the World First Raid runners who usually do want this stuff out during that run. They prefer the competition not be marred by broken things. After that they care a lot less.

That's pretty much standard for any raid group.  I still remember salvo after salvo of Jelly rockets being fired at Atheon during our old D1 VoG raid because everyone having GHorn was standard.  I also remember getting invited to more Garden of Salvation raids after I got my Xenophage, but I hated raids at that point.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And the community is so shitty they managed to enrage even Byf

Byf is such a jovial and good natured dude.  The community must indeed be shitty if they actually made him rage on Twitter.

At least they finally acknowledged it. I mean not only does all of Xur’s stuff have the same shitty roll - all the vendors have the same shitty roll

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Shitty-mediocre legendary rolls has been the norm for armor. Its Xur's exotic armors that usually have higher stats.

What I am talking about is that all the armor have the EXACT same stats - 10 Mobility, 10 Recovery, 20 Strength

It is the same at Xur, Ada, etc...

So that is why I think it is a bug beyond just Xur

• Like 1

It figures that they are handing out Outbreak catalysts now after the Pulse Rifle buff.  Outbreak should find new life in Witch Queen.

Here's praying that you never have to endure the horror of timed missions ever again.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It figures that they are handing out Outbreak catalysts now after the Pulse Rifle buff.  Outbreak should find new life in Witch Queen.

Here's praying that you never have to endure the horror of timed missions ever again.

Well the new Vox Obscura mission (for an exotic) is timed... at least sections of it.

There are a couple of sections where you have a timer, were if you run out you fail - but it is not the whole thing

But yeah - on the replayable exotic missions they introduced (during Beyond Light) they went with the mechanic of "regular version has no time limit. The Master version (which is were you get the catalyst) has a timer."

And I got the Outbreak catalyst via a Nightfall completion so that made me feel better than having it drop after like a fucking Mayhem match

Well that is an ominous start

A whole bunch of teams (including Datto's who I am watching) - all got guitared out of the raid and had to start over because they hadn't reached the first checkpoint yet (there is a LONG build up of killing ads)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got the Outbreak catalyst to drop so that one will be getting worked on as soon as possible 

I got it earlier in the week via  nightfall and have had it in my regular use of weapons. Even without the catalyst it is a beast.

I also got the catalysts for Le Monarque & Whisper last night while running Gambits/strikes/Nightfalls.

Hoo boy - there is gonna be bitching

Datto’s team cleared the first encounter and the the raid bugged and the second encounter wouldn’t launch

Took like 20 minutes of going to orbit and loading back in before it worked 

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is a jumping puzzle section that would make JT hurl his TV out the window 

Is it before or after the Caretaker? I need to make sure to not be in the room when they traverse that on Aztec's stream.

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is it before or after the Caretaker? I need to make sure to not be in the room when they traverse that on Aztec's stream.

After - it basically how you get to the next encounter

Datto had to put on Lion Ramparts because he couldn't do it on normal Titan so that made me feel better about myself

• Like 1