DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

I am trying to decide if I am gonna watch some live Twitch streams today or go into the story blind tonight.

Meanwhile - the already known issues (thread)

The biggest one is that Overload mods STILL don't work

This is the giant ass movie that Byf and folks put together. It is like 95% official lore and like 5% fan fiction (since they had to fill in some gaps)

Aztec is actually watching this in his stream and when its over - he will start WQ

(It is 2 hours long)

I am deeply amused that Aztec immediately got in - yet Fallout and Datto haven't

That being said - it does seem like folks are getting in "easier" than Beyond Light.

Now the question will be... will they stay in

No spoilers - Fallout's video promoting a Bungie sponsored contest around the Legendary Campaign (Complete the Legendary campaign prior to March 4 to be eligible for a unique emblem)

Some things to note about the mode (Fallout mentions these in video)

You will choose right at the start if you are playing on Normal or Legendary. This becomes your default difficulty for future content. (You can change after the fact - again it is just the default)

Fireteam scaling is active and basically contest mode is always on - you will never be able to over level in Legendary (missions will tell you what LL you would max out at) (Campaign appears to start at 1360 - you start at 1350)

Match Game is on but equipment is not locked. There are new modifiers that will be consistent through all missions (Chaff (aka no radar) and Iron - which is the same as it always was)

Apparently in a fireteam - you can't self revive. Teammates have 30 seconds to revive you or the team wipes (Also limited number of revives - like current High Level content so you run out you are boned)

Completing the full Legendary campaign allows players to choose one of the new exotic armor pieces and a complete 1520 Power Level Rare gear set (along with some other stuff). The 1520 is 20 above the 1500 soft cap and 30 lower than the Power cap. 

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Trying to decide if I will do legendary first or wait until I run a few missions on normal difficulty first. Mostly worried to will be too annoying to solo.

I am doing normal first - I am too old for this shit.

Once I see how long the campaign is - I might immediately go back and try Legendary

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am doing normal first - I am too old for this shit.

Once I see how long the campaign is - I might immediately go back and try Legendary

Yeah I think I will start normal as well and then go back after gaging difficulty and length. 

The legendary stuff does make me wonder if they try and do the same for seasonal campaigns. The amount of missions are much smaller with an 6-person activity usually being the focus so that can work out well even if the offerings are small.

Working on legendary solo and it is really fun. OK not having the radar sucks but it gives it a frantic feel. Also double loot is nice. The game so far has been pretty liberal with upgrade modules as well. We'll see how I feel if I can finish the entire campaign this way.

Did the first mission and went into the Enclave to make my glaive. Was going to go the normal route, but seeing Shadow enjoying legendary made me curious enough to go ahead with it. Shit will take longer and you are much squishier. That said, the buff for exotic weapons is definitely noticeable and very helpful.  Higher level content is definitely about to get much more manageable. Not easier per say, just not as annoying. Enjoyed the overall mission/story. The double loot is definitely nice this early on.

Void 3.0 has around 2/3 of it open. Looks like we will get fragments just paying through Witch Queen. I like it well enough so far. Its better than before though Stasis feels like its likely to be more potent with things like Headstone and Ager's Scepter. To be fair we won't get a full view until the rest of the fragments and Aspects are available to use.

Opened around 10 or so paracausal boxes. Got some new gear. Then my dumbass realized it would be better to wait until after weapon crafting was open to open the other 22 I had. That led to me getting a good 3-5 Deepsight Research weapons along with general infusion material. At least of a few of the weapons continuing on into this season will seemingly be craftable like the Seventh Seraph Revolver and Falling Guillotine. I will say opening those boxes does give you a bit of overload with all the new perks and origin traits. Typically I can toss a good half, but I think I ended up only tossing maybe a fourth or fifth of the new weapons due to wanting to tryout the new perks.

XP does seem to go to your artifact even before you actually unlock it which is nice I guess.

Was curious about the order they wanted with Witch Queen and Risen. Looks like they want us to do at least the research portion first despite Risen opening up pretty much when the first mission and Enclave bit is done.

Will play more later tonight.

Edited by Eivion

Damn, high praise from Datto.

Edit: Was wrong about Aspects and Fragments, at least for old players. Seems you can buy grenades and most of that from Ikora now. Was also wrong about the weapons (for now). Looks like any of them can be Deepsight is all opposed to Deepsight meaning they can be crafted as well.

Edited by Eivion

I am taking it slow - I only got to the point this morning where I can talk to Caital (part of this is because I am not sure how long missions are gonna be so I can only do them when I know I have time to finish them)

Random Things

I immediately switched to Void because I figured why not. Shield throw replacing my melee is gonna take some used to. Keep forgetting to switch to suppressor grenades

I cashed in a couple of paracausal boxes and had decent luck in getting a couple of things that jumped my LL by 20 so I decided to wait a little bit longer before cashing in more of them.

I did remember to go to Banshee to get the new exotic catalyst quest so I can work on that while doing the story.

Also did the mini introduction quest with Rahool so I can do umbral engrams. Crow still standing in the Helm like a putz made me giggle for some reason (probably because I haven't talked to the Vanguard yet)

The attunement (or whatever it is called) on the new weapons seems to go fairly quickly - I got one to drop right before the final battle in the last mission I was on and it jumped to 35% done after killing only like 10 dudes

I literally just remembered as I was typing this that I have to go fix all my mods on my armor pieces. Only got one armor piece to drop so far with one of the new intrinsic perks

Well the lore immediately doesn't fuck around

Very first page you find tells you that

Spoiler

Osiris willing made a deal with Savathun for her to take over his body. He did it so he could meander around her Throne World "learning"

And then the 2nd page

Spoiler

Eris flat out asks/tells us that we better kill her because she is convinced that Savanthun is going to use her as a pawn

For some reason I feel like that isn't the first time that has been asked of us from her