DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXVIII - 4/2 & 4/3/2022

Dolfan in NYC

43 minutes ago, Peck said:

Speaking of legit injuries, how the fuck did AJ come out already busted open?  Did he walk in to the set?  There's gotta be some footage somewhere of this.  

Meltzer said it was the set.

53 minutes ago, Peck said:

Speaking of legit injuries, how the fuck did AJ come out already busted open?  Did he walk in to the set?  There's gotta be some footage somewhere of this.  

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, Peck said:

One of my friends while we were watching it suggested that "he burned himself flat-ironing his hair."

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Idiot King said:

One of my friends while we were watching it suggested that "he burned himself flat-ironing his hair."

Is that like when John Smoltz burned himself ironing a shirt he was still wearing? 

Zayn is very good - also a smart, pragmatic guy. Did a good interview on why he resigned w/ WWE - v. level headed. One of the few to correctly call that it’s all sports entertainment - both sides of the track. It’s all theatrical entertainment “wrestling”. The snobbishness that one form of theatrical scripted “wrestling” is somehow more ‘real’ than the other .. peculiar. Yes - quality & taste can vary .. but in essence it’s all the same art form. 

Edited by A_K
  • Like 4

Undertaker coming out made me sad. If he had retired after losing to Brock it might have meant something. Watching him standing there, it felt like the 4th or 5th time we've had to watch him "walk off into the sunset". People suddenly getting emotional over legit horrible human being HHH retiring, also weird. At least with HHH it felt like it had been awhile since I'd seen him come out and sort of do stuff. WWE asks a lot of their viewers sometimes. But people will always pop for the old guys live so I guess "it is what it is". It would make my life if one day Shawn shows up for some self congratulatory thing and the people just shit all over him. Probably hypocritical of me to love the Vince segment but hate on Taker and Shawn ever being on tv again but taste is such a peculiar thing...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A_K said:

Zayn is very good - also a smart, pragmatic guy. Did a good interview on why he resigned w/ WWE - v. level headed. One of the few to correctly call that it’s all sports entertainment - both sides of the track. It’s all theatrical entertainment “wrestling”. The snobbishness that one form of theatrical scripted “wrestling” is somehow more ‘real’ than the other .. peculiar. Yes - quality & taste can vary .. but in essence it’s all the same art form. 

I think it's completely fair to differentiate between a product that prioritizes the bell-to-bell vs. a product that prioritizes everything else.

I think Sami is doing the best work of his career and is exactly where he should be. If I had his fucked-up shoulders I would lean in to being a poltically favored shitbird heel than an indie-flavored big bumping face. And I would absolutely tow the company line after getting my big raise.

Pragmatism's the word. Still lookin' at you, Cody.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

FPlGs7sWYAI_In8?format=jpg&name=small

"When they made the deal with Logan Paul to do this angle, part of the deal was when the angle is over, he'd be a babyface. That was the idea. That was negotiated, that was negotiated in the deal," Meltzer said.  

I don't know in what world either of the Paul brothers could be a babyface, they are both massive douches, perfect heels.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Casey said:

I wonder how the Undertaker felt seeing Logan Paul wearing a $5.2m Pokemon card to the ring.

"What the fuck is a Pikachu" would be my guess. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1