DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXVIII - 4/2 & 4/3/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

He did have at least two more good matches against AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan on PPV after that point where it seemed like he put in some effort.

Just now, The Natural said:

Only AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan made it work against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2017 and 2018. Liked the Finn Balor match at Royal Rumble 2019. The Brock formula is Suplex City shit and spam finishers ever since the Goldberg match at WrestleMania XXXIII.

Check that timing out, Jeffrey!

• Thanks 1

Edge putting his hands on the mat to brace himself for the Styles Clash was certainly a visual. Edge took the Styles Clash like he was walking down the stairs and was concerned he would hit his head on the top of the doorway.

As for the McMahon Stunner. Clearly Vince figured out the best way to counter the Stunner was to fall down after the kick. Nobody figured that out from 1997 to 2003.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

This right here. I think I liked the overall show so much because other than AJ/Edge, this was an 8 hour Michael Bay movie that was very much intentionally written to be a Michael Bay movie. They got that right this year. Like I got a whole Criterion Collection of other stuff I love watching, but sometimes I love just a well done big ass explosions and shit action movie.

Umm...   Bay has a couple on there too...   ?

I'm assuming they might run back Lesnar/Reigns at least once. Hopefully that will be a blowoff and we don't need to see this godforsaken match ever again.

And now it's time for Cody to ascend to the throne.

There's literally no one left to challenge Reigns at this point. He's beaten everyone there is to beat multiple times at this point. 

• Like 1

wonder if they're gonna directly elevate the IC and US titles to be the Raw and Smackdown titles (compared to the Universal title, which is above Raw and Smackdown) or if they could get more TV content out of creating new titles that'll be in-between the IC/US titles and the World title.

It's the WWE, don't rule out the quick pivot from "unify the two World Titles" to "create two new titles"

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

There's literally no one left to challenge Reigns at this point. He's beaten everyone there is to beat multiple times at this point. 

Styles, Lashley, and Cody would make for fresh challengers. Could also move up Ciampa or even WALTER/GUNTHER. Anyone beating Reigns not name Bron Breaker seems like a perfectly dumb idea and waste.

• Like 2

Have to see if the WWE Championship/WWE Universal Championship are made into one belt like it was for Triple H in 2002 or the titles are defended separately to split them back up again like what happened to Becky Lynch when she won Winner Take All, the WWE RAW Women's Championship/WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship at WrestleMania XXXV.

Edited by The Natural

18 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Wrestling Twitter is a floating dumpster fire composed of 90% WWE and AEW loyalists shouting the dumbest shit imaginable at each other, 5% personal beefs that people absolutely will not let die, and 5% dudes being creepy af towards women wrestlers.

So that's Sunday..  

Dug night one more but I night two had the better celebrity matches.

I'd like to think Cole was more animated and charged up during the McAfee match since Vince wasn't in his ear.

I still think Drew McIntyre is Roman's next feud. Maybe Lashley but I don't think they're going that route. My dream would be an extended Nak feud but that ain't happening. 

• Like 2

Just now, Eivion said:

Styles, Lashley, and Cody would make for fresh challengers. Could also move up Ciampa or even WALTER/GUNTHER. Anyone beating Reigns not name Bron Breaker seems like a perfectly dumb idea and waste.

Me and you have both been waiting for Reigns vs. Styles to renew their 2016 rivalry. Two great matches at Payback and Extreme Rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramo2653 said:

I still think Drew McIntyre is Roman's next feud. Maybe Lashley but I don't think they're going that route. My dream would be an extended Nak feud but that ain't happening. 

it feels like we're due a "Roman Reigns has conquered everything and has nothing else to prove" segment that ends with his next feud being setup

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Only AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan made it work against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2017 and 2018. Liked the Finn Balor match at Royal Rumble 2019. The Brock formula is Suplex City shit and spam finishers ever since the Goldberg match at WrestleMania XXXIII.

He had one of the most impressive Royal Rumble showings a few years ago. That was one of the few Rumble Performances that felt like it was more of an overall story of the match rather than just watching to see who's going to win  or what crazy elimination spot you gonna see. He's had some fun sprint matches. Even the Joe match was fun, it could have been more competitive. Even the 4 way at SS the next month was good.

Honestly? I think Roman Reigns should say "Guess what, everybody? I've beaten everybody. There's no one left at my level. There never WAS anyone at my level. I'm taking MY belt, the one that says "UNIFIED" World Champion, and I'm going home to my tribe. The only people who deserve to be around the Tribal Chief. I'm going to wait as long as it takes for someone to step up to my level, and then I'm going to come back and knock THEM down too.  And then perhaps I'll earn the acknowledgement you have refused to give me. But until you do, this UNIFIED champion has NOTHING left to prove."

edit: That means there would be RAW and Smackdown heavyweight champions, but five-six-seven times a year, TOPS, Roman takes on one of the champions in a UNIFIED title match. Treat it with respect.

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

But still what's the point of them Unifying the titles if you still want Raw to have it own Main title and you don't want Roman to lose Clean? 

I asked this question following the Rumble and I still don't understand why now. Did Brock need to come in as a Champion if it was already built around Heyman anyway. Cody introducing an old school belt would be a call back to him bringing back the Reggie Parks IC title belt from the mid 80's but it cheapens the brand when they just give out titles like Bischoff did in 02

Beckys was winners take all. This was unification.  So Universal >World.

The WHC on Raw had lineage to the WCW WHC and the NWA Worlds HW, but they started over with the history and records for that belt over again when Triple H was handed the belt back then.

If they did really end the WWE title, then both the IC and US titles are the oldest active history and records wise in WWE.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Beckys was winners take all. This was unification.  So Universal >World.

The WHC on Raw had lineage to the WCW WHC and the NWA Worlds HW, but they started over with the history and records for that belt over again when Triple H was handed the belt back then.

If they did really end the WWE title, then both the IC and US titles are the oldest active history and records wise in WWE.

I'd be surprised if WWE ends the WWE Title with the history it has. Then again when the WWE World Tag Team Titles and WWE Tag Team Titles were unified, WWE kept the latter introduced at No Mercy 2002 and not the former which were way older held by the big tag teams in history.

Roman Reigns is the champion of the entire Galaxy, which means if any martians go through the forbidden door, they have to fight Roman

Anyways, thanks to Covid and injuries, the Raw title was booked like a complete clusterfuck to start this year

Sasha Banks pinning Corey Graves girlfriend for the tag titles would have been a great cherry on top of the angle if ANYONE would have told us why Corey has hated Sasha since Day 1 to begin with

My only issue with Pat vs Vince is that Pat has this really good match with Theory and then looks like a jobber from 1970s WWWF TV shows getting nothing.  And what does it say about Theory who lost to an 79ish man so easily.  I know we are supposed to forget that first match  that but kind of stupid.  But hey Pat came out to Seven Nation Army which warms the cockles of this WV Mountaineer fan ?

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

I guess Theory should have gotten more offense if we wanted to sell "McAfee wasn't fresh when he faced McMahon". But maybe McMahon punted a loaded football into McAfee's stomach.

Also I did like the "wearing a mask to protect my beauty" idea. I should have pitched that when I was trying to pitch gimmick ideas to someone who was on the periphery of Women Of Wrestling 20 years ago (none of which were used because that person was trying to get in with WOW just as the company was disappearing)