DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXVIII - 4/2 & 4/3/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Reportedly Raw is to get a new belt. Not sure if they will use Cody's WWWF belt as the design. There has been memorial championships before, the current NWA TV belt uses the old design with new history and records.

Or maybe Cody is the belt. Or the US title gets elevated.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

If I never see Lesnar v Reigns again it'll be too soon. I understand the importance of the unification but it's totally unnecessary.

The best match they had was the one Rollins cashed in at. I don't think they can duplicate that match. I would have liked to seen them have that type of match where it was just a slugfest. As much as I like Roman as heel some of his big matches either the finishes are over produced or end up flat like tonight 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

The best match they had was the one Rollins cashed in at. I don't think they can duplicate that match. I would have liked to seen them have that type of match where it was just a slugfest. As much as I like Roman as heel some of his big matches either the finishes are over produced or end up flat like tonight 

WrestleMania XXXI. The only great Lesnar/Reigns match. Gave it *****. None of the rematches captured that. Agree with @Eivion this one was probably second best but not saying much.

Edited by The Natural

Wrestling Twitter is a floating dumpster fire composed of 90% WWE and AEW loyalists shouting the dumbest shit imaginable at each other, 5% personal beefs that people absolutely will not let die, and 5% dudes being creepy af towards women wrestlers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Cristobal said:

Wrestling Twitter is a floating dumpster fire composed of 90% WWE and AEW loyalists shouting the dumbest shit imaginable at each other, 5% personal beefs that people absolutely will not let die, and 5% dudes being creepy af towards women wrestlers.

So business as usual for the cultural cancer that is Twitter? This is the way of things 100% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think the problem with the main event is.. We've seen it before. Multiple years. We already know the beats. It's a rerun. In the supposed biggest match of the year, we could call out the big spots before they happen. "Ok, Here's Brock going to suplex Reigns multiple times and pose for a bit." "Ok, theis is the planned "Spear through the wall". To steal a song lyric from the BNL, It's All Been Done Before.

• Like 3

now now, you know it's a way higher percentage than that

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

only 5% creepy? you must have a robust list of blocks (not gonna speculate on percentages but I suspect the percentage of wrestling fans secretly fantasizing about being pegged by Rhea Ripley is alarmingly high)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I think the problem with the main event is.. We've seen it before. Multiple years. We already know the beats. It's a rerun. In the supposed biggest match of the year, we could call out the big spots before they happen. "Ok, Here's Brock going to suplex Reigns multiple times and pose for a bit." "Ok, theis is the planned "Spear through the wall". To steal a song lyric from the BNL, It's All Been Done Before.

Was this match any different or better than the last time Reigns beat Lesnar at Crown Jewel 2021? 

4 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

So business as usual for the cultural cancer that is Twitter? This is the way of things 100% of the time.

Lucky to have the great community we have here at DVDVR MB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Not a major Dave Meltzer follower, but he was correct about Vince McMahon wrestling McAfee at WrestleMania. So credit due there.

I like how after speculation of Vince vs McAfee they sorta moved it to seem like it was all just a rumor and made it Theory vs McAfee but we eventually got McMahon vs McAfee. I wonder if that was McAfees call because everyone was expecting an angle to happen on his podcast with Vince

• Like 1

yeah, that's what I mean. They've gone to the well so many times that I think that they'd have to go to a gimmick (Cage/Hell in a Cell?) to make it feel anything other than warmed over leftovers.

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

and they might as well have retired the MITB gimmick/concept then and there because no cash-in can ever top interjecting into the WM main event

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

About 5 or 6 years ago, it seemed like Brock couldn’t be arsed to train cardio anymore and decided to coast on doing the exact same shit every match. It’s a shame, but he’s a total “And then the bell rang” guy with me now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Same old shit. Lesnar vs. Reigns is one of my least favourite feuds ever with the exception of their first match. Reminds me of Triple H vs. Randy Orton only having one great match (Last Man Standing, No Mercy 2007).

1 minute ago, EVA said:

About 5 or 6 years ago, it seemed like Brock couldn’t be arsed to train cardio anymore and decided to coast on doing the exact same shit every match. It’s a shame, but he’s a total “And then the bell rang” guy with me now.

He did have at least two more good matches against AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan on PPV after that point where it seemed like he put in some effort.

• Like 2

One thing that I liked about the Edge-Styles match is that you got that "big match" feeling that each wrestler was going the extra mile to HURT the other person (like all good blood feuds should be),. Things like Edge digging the knuckles into the injured ribs during the abdominal stretch (which is the first time that moves been seen at Wrestlemania for five years, I'd guess.).

Night Two had more "Well, this is a PPV moment", while Night One had more "This is a WRESTLEMANIA moment".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Only AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan made it work against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2017 and 2018. Liked the Finn Balor match at Royal Rumble 2019. The Brock formula is Suplex City shit and spam finishers ever since the Goldberg match at WrestleMania XXXIII.

• Like 1