WrestleMania XXXVIII - 4/2 & 4/3/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Only things I'm interested in at WrestleMania XXXVIII:

Steve Austin/Kevin Owens.

Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes.

AJ Styles vs. Edge.

Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair.

Sami Zayn vs. Johnny Knoxville.

Seeing the elaborate entrances and new gear worn by wrestlers.

Not sure if I'll be watching WrestleMania Night 1 live:

I'm meeting Alyson who is a best friend to me as her daughter Lisa was who we sadly lost to cancer aged just 26. I think I'll be getting in late with no sleep beforehand.

The 2022 Royal Rumble premium live event really pissed me off.

Only things I'm interested in are Steve Austin/Kevin Owens, Becky Lynch/Bianca Belair and Seth Rollins/Cody Rhodes...or Seth/Shane O'Mac. Rest is shit you can't skip in real time.

Edited by The Natural
Back home 30 minutes ago.

Here's the supposed match order being attributed to Fightful. 

Spoiler

SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The Uso’s (Jimmy and Jey) (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs
Drew McInytre vs. Happy Corbin
Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio vs. The Miz and Logan Paul
Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair
Seth Rollins vs. Mystery Opponent
SmackDown Women’s Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. Sheamus and Ridge Holland (with Butch)
K.O. Show hosted by Kevin Owens, with guest “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

If that order is correct... how in the world do you not start with Seth??? I thought that was a forgone conclusion. The first action of the night. A big surprise. A (probably) very good match to kick the show off right. Don't get me wrong, Usos are god tier in openers. But not with their opponents tonight. If that is indeed the order there's nothing I have the slightest interest in until the midway point.

• Like 2

Best night of Mania in a longass time. Crowd was INCREDIBLE.

Bianca/Becky was remarkable. Worked at an incredibly fast pace for 20 minutes too -  just crazy gas tanks on those two. I haven’t seen FTR/Briscos yet so this is my #1 from the weekend right now. 

Surreal to see Cody and credit to WWE for keeping his presentation. Crowd stayed smoldering hot for a solid hour between these two matches and Taker.

I’m pretty sure they knew Charlotte/Rousey was going to die a death no matter what, so they placed it where they placed it. Right call, because this was rough. This didn’t get the Goldberg/Lesnar reaction I expected, but it wasn’t in the same stratosphere as the earlier match. Right result though.

Owens was absolutely masterful in the entire main event segment holy shit. Stone Cold! A match! Steve Austin is Buford fucking Pusser! This whole goddamn thing was GREAT. 

Yeah best WWE show in shit I dunno.

• Like 4