DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXVIII - 4/2 & 4/3/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

It dawns on me that we've now reached the point where the decidedly post-boom WrestleMania 19 (great show) is now the halfway point in the Wrestlemania timeline.

We are old.

Top three WrestleMania with WrestleMania X-Seven and WrestleMania XXIV. Round it up to a top five with WrestleMania X and WrestleMania XXX.

So Sami vs Johnny Knoxville is now an anything goes match.   I don't know that helps this.  I guess it allows more wacky not wrestling related all stunts in the match.  I am now picturing Sami getting pinned with one of those hands contraptions smacking him in the head

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So Sami vs Johnny Knoxville is now an anything goes match.   I don't know that helps this.  I guess it allows more wacky not wrestling related all stunts in the match.  I am now picturing Sami getting pinned with one of those hands contraptions smacking him in the head

this is the only part of the match I care about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

You think they would be better off with Sami trying to lead Knoxville through a normal match?

• Like 2

I think I'd save Sasha Banks first WrestleMania win for one of the world titles next year though I fancy her and Naomi to win here.

Really wish we had the proposed Four Horsewomen Fatal Four Way at this WrestleMania. I'd much prefer that. I'd also rather see Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair or Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair II to the two title matches we're getting. I have fuck all interest in Ronda Rousey/Charlotte Flair.

• Like 2

So the WWE is pushing that Bianca Belair has a serious throat injury and will be out for months.  Hopefully this is a huge work for the match against Becky.  If not then my bad feeling that they will add Becky to Rhonda vs Charlotte is probably going to happen 

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

So the WWE is pushing that Bianca Belair has a serious throat injury and will be out for months.  Hopefully this is a huge work for the match against Becky.  If not then my bad feeling that they will add Becky to Rhonda vs Charlotte is probably going to happen 

Guessing work. Becky Lynch's throat injury was legit so in storyline she wishes to do the same to Bianca Belair. I hope we don't get Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey II. I'd rather see Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch as the RAW Women's Championship match but Banks suits Smackdown and you'd need to find someone to tag with Naomi.

• Like 1

Yeah Reigns vs Lesnar in San Jose is the perfect example of a great match ruined by the crowd.    This was the beginning of Reigns being hated by the fans and in my section that is all they could talk about.   And took away from the match.   Then you watch it at home and realize what a great match it really was.  

Unlike the next year in New Orleans which was a match destroyed by the crowd and was pretty bad regardless of where you watch it

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah Reigns vs Lesnar in San Jose is the perfect example of a great match ruined by the crowd.    This was the beginning of Reigns being hated by the fans and in my section that is all they could talk about.   And took away from the match.   Then you watch it at home and realize what a great match it really was.  

Unlike the next year in New Orleans which was a match destroyed by the crowd and was pretty bad regardless of where you watch it

Reigns being hated by the fans started well before this. It started as far back as SummerSlam 2014 when he had an uninspired performance against Randy Orton.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2342318-wwe-royal-rumble-2015-twitter-reacts-after-roman-reigns-wins-battle-royal

Also this:

Fans were already against Reigns' coronation before the Royal Rumble. 

Meanwhile - WrestleVotes is saying Omos is going to have a singles match and that the opponent "may surprise some people" (but it wouldn't be Veer or Cody)

• Haha 1

And Fightful says that Omos opponent is scheduled to be Bobby Lashley

Okay...

(Really gives off vibes of a guy losing on his way out of a territory or in this case... headed to Smackdown)

• Sad 2