DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXVIII - 4/2 & 4/3/2022

Dolfan in NYC

This is the third time they’ve run a Roman/Brock match that no one’s asked for at Wrestlemania, so I’d say they should put it anywhere else but the main event if they’re actually getting Austin. I don’t see why they wouldn’t put the Ronda match on last the other night. 

• Like 2

I don't think the rumored Austin/Owens match is even worth considering until we see actual signs it in the cards. Its much more likely Owens just gets destroyed by various Texas guys including Austin.

Charlotte/Ronda will main event night 1 and Roman/Brock night 2 because its just easy and sensible at this point to have the Royal Rumble winners take each night. Unless that Austin/Owens match actually happens there is no reason to think otherwise as they have nothing bigger than the current matches at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

If the rumored Austin vs KO match actually happens, wouldn't that be the Night 1 Main Event and Night 2 is Brock vs Roman? 

Or do you have to do the PC thing of having the women main event one night and men the other? 

That would have to mean that Austin vs KO is more than 30 seconds of KICK WHAM STUNNER

You could do a "Texas Death Match" style thing.  Obviously they'd never call it that but then it could be plunder heavy and you could rely on Austin whipping Owens' ass all over the stadium. 

What they should've tried to get Austin to do with Brock a few years ago, fwiw...

The original sin with Brock/Roman was not just biting the bullet and putting Roman over at 31. I don’t think Vince ever got over bowing to the pressure, and every subsequent attempt to coronate Roman shitting the bed for years is probably why he’s going to just do whatever he pleases until he’s gone. 

• Like 1

Vince being "forced" to put Bryan over at WMXXX was an "okay, but if this doesn't work then don't ever try that shit with me again" 

And what happened? Well you can look at it two ways. Was Kane an ok feud for Bryan or was it putting Bryan in a bad position to start? 

Guess it doesn't matter because Bryan got hurt anyway. 

From that point on guys like Bryan and even AJ Styles or Kofi got some burn at the top or near the top but the title is not necessarily the "top" .. it's not worth more than the old Being John Cena part of the card. 

Brock and Roman are probably the only two who have really in Vince's mind surpassed the title and are in the John Cena role, or the Triple H role before that or Stone Cold and The Rock before that or Hulk Hogan before that. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Good lord...   two rematches that were not all that popular to start..   

I have no interest in Brock/Roman, but the audience actually does seem to legit want it for whatever psychotic reason.

Will the WWE Championship and WWE Universal Championship be defended in separate matches as Becky Lynch did after her Winner Takes All match at WrestleMania XXXV or as one like when Chris Jericho won the WWF Championship/World Championship at WWF Vengeance 2001?

I don't even watch WWE, but I'll wind up catching this because, well, why not, but I would be a whole lot more into Lesnar vs Reigns if Lesnar wrestled more like he did in his original run and did less of the suplex, suplex, suplex, shoulder thrust, shoulder thrust, throw, suplex, suplex, suplex stuff. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't even watch WWE, but I'll wind up catching this because, well, why not, but I would be a whole lot more into Lesnar vs Reigns if Lesnar wrestled more like he did in his original run and did less of the suplex, suplex, suplex, shoulder thrust, shoulder thrust, throw, suplex, suplex, suplex stuff. 

If Brock Lesnar mixed his suplexes up, it would be slightly more tolerable. While Lesnar the character is fresh since his return at SummerSlam 2021 with the outfits and a looser, funnier Brock, he's stale as shit when he wrestles.

Lesnar needs to be less "Suplex City" and more "Scott Steiner 2000".

Also Roman needs to hold the title for another couple of years before dropping it to Rex Steiner.

EDIT: Fuck, Lesnar should be like the final form of HOOK.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Fox Sports 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/wwe/ronda-rousey-flair-wrestlemania-night-one

Never said anything about if it's main eventing.

And from now on WWE will call the first night WrestleMania Saturday, and the second night WrestleMania Sunday.

I see Rousey/Flair main eventing unless Austin/Owens happens. Austin is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history, in Texas and first match in 19 years.

I will be very pleasantly surprised if they do go the unification route. (I know that's how it's being marketed today. But that will change a couple times between now and then). The last time they unified titles it only last 2.5 years. And a new belt was created. I can't see them changing the title design. They love that logo thing. I see them sticking with the Universal name for it, and just putting that front plate onto the black strap.

We'll see tho. I could also see them using multiple Universal titles. One that has a red strap when he shows up on Raw, and one that has a blue strap when he's on Smackdown. Maybe a black strap for PPVs. You know how WWE can be with that shit lol.

Add Vince McMahon vs. Pat McAfee to the rumored list.....  

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/report-vince-mcmahon-expected-to-launch-wwe-wrestlemania-38-program-with-pat-mcafee

A new report indicates that a program between Vince McMahon and Pat McAfee for WrestleMania 38 is expected to be launched.

Post Wrestling reported tonight that the two will start a program which will include WrestleMania 38. When asking their source if their involvement at the show was going to be billed as an official match, Post Wrestling was told “most likely”.