DVDVR Message Board

R-Evolution III - 3/6/2022

Yeah - with the music discourse it seems less that people are gate-keeping and more that people who are PAID to cover wrestling and/or have platforms that people listen treated Punk coming out to AFI as some unforced error that messed up the match or something. Those people should be rightfully mocked. 

If I'm watching Far From Home and I decide to pop off and be a dick about how I don't get why people were applauding when [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] show up then, yeah, I'm the asshole with no understanding of anything.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Yeah - with the music discourse it seems less that people are gate-keeping and more that people who are PAID to cover wrestling and/or have platforms that people listen treated Punk coming out to AFI as some unforced error that messed up the match or something. Those people should be rightfully mocked. 

If I'm watching Far From Home and I decide to pop off and be a dick about how I don't get why people were applauding when [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] show up then, yeah, I'm the asshole with no understanding of anything.

That's a good comparison.  I was wondering if those same people watch tv shows or movies and complain on Twitter when they don't get a joke.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hagan said:

how I don't get why people were applauding when [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] and [redacted] show up then, yeah, I'm the asshole with no understanding of anything.

You know, I’m something of a [redacted] myself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Does anyone feel like Sting got sick of the online discourse about his drawing ability/work/place in history and just said screw it, I'm coming back so no one will ever underrate me again. 

Do we think that Sting pays a lot of attention to online discourse?

37 minutes ago, (BP) said:

You know, I’m something of a [redacted] myself. 

I don't even want to know what sort of radioactive thing bit you.

Edited by Matt D
  • Haha 1

Eddie Kingston has one of the best AEW track records on PPV: vs. Jon Moxley at Full Gear 2020, w/ Jon Moxley vs. Young Bucks at Double or Nothing 2021, vs. Miro at All Out 2021, vs. CM Punk at Full Gear 2021 and Chris Jericho at Revolution 2022. Don't forget his TV matches either vs. Cody and Bryan Danielson.

• Like 3

I'm glad I split up re-watching the show into two days as watching just the second half made it easier to digest and appreciate it more than if I saw it all at once.  The women's match sadly didn't stack up to their Lights Out match but was a fine setup for Texas.  But Danielson/Mox ruled so fucking much and I have a hard time deciding if I liked that or the opener more.  I may give the slight edge to Danielson/Mox since I was heavily invested in the "C'mon, motherfucker!" spirt of the match.  That capping off with Regal being the only one to control them was *chef's kiss*  The six-man was bonkers and the main event got pretty damn good.   Much love to Hangman for the Pride colors and the match felt like a satisfying way to end their little feud.  All in all it was a really fun show.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, twiztor said:

watched Revolution over the last 3 days. (Buy In on Sunday, first half of PPV last night, and 2nd half today). This was definitely the way to watch it.

Yes, for the people who think the shows are too long, normalize watching wrestling on your own schedule imo. I watched the first four hours on Sunday and then finished the last hour on Monday morning.

I realize there's an appeal to watching the whole thing live, and being able to be part of the real-time conversation as the show's happening, on Twitter or your Discord chat or whatever. But watching it on your own schedule is an option that many people seemingly don't consider.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Yes, for the people who think the shows are too long, normalize watching wrestling on your own schedule imo. I watched the first four hours on Sunday and then finished the last hour on Monday morning.

I realize there's an appeal to watching the whole thing live, and being able to be part of the real-time conversation as the show's happening, on Twitter or your Discord chat or whatever. But watching it on your own schedule is an option that many people seemingly don't consider.

avoiding spoilers is the toughest part, and they usually find a way to sneak through no matter how careful you try to be, but relaxing and watching at your own pace is highly preferential to bulldozing through the entire thing, regardless of how you feel. If you're exhausted by the end of the show, you're not appreciating/enjoying it as much as you could be. easy trade-off for me.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, twiztor said:

avoiding spoilers is the toughest part, and they usually find a way to sneak through no matter how careful you try to be, but relaxing and watching at your own pace is highly preferential to bulldozing through the entire thing, regardless of how you feel. If you're exhausted by the end of the show, you're not appreciating/enjoying it as much as you could be. easy trade-off for me.

AEW's Instagram has spoiled many things for me.  Now, I know it's my own fault.  I try to tell myself to stay off there until I've seen the show.  But, I absentmindedly just start browsing on my phone and it's like, "Oh shit!  Regal showed up?!?!?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Don't say sorry for reacting that way. Things bring emotions out of people.

Not apologizing. In fact I'll say the last few months of AEW specifically has made it so rewarding to be a wrestling fan, wrestling being unique in that you get to see the same characters play out over decades in real time, so that when references to ROH angles from 16-17 years ago get made, and you remember watching those moments when they happened (or a few months later when you dropped way too much money on the DVDs) it adds so many more layers to what are already compelling stories. 

• Like 6

275302866_10158752128628862_1272300655581498042_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s261x260&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=vcrXm2tJ6m0AX_WJvvU&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-iD1lH_WgPjMO17czxeK8YNJ2cbfW-0m68MunSiEPDGw&oe=622DF5AE

My Birthday was both similar and different, the former spent with my Mum, Dad, and Laura, my Little Sister as I always do. The differences: The Batman at the cinema (really enjoyed it), my best friend called Adam who is like a Brother to me coming up where I live, Orion our new dog and AEW Revolution 2022 delivering as it did. All firsts. After The Batman, we went to my favourite place to eat called Pizza Pieces. A piece of cheesecake on the house with a lit candle on getting sung Happy Birthday which I didn't expect, lovely of them doing that. I want to give thanks to the posters here who wished me Happy Returns. It means a lot xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 17

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

275302866_10158752128628862_1272300655581498042_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s261x260&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=vcrXm2tJ6m0AX_WJvvU&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-iD1lH_WgPjMO17czxeK8YNJ2cbfW-0m68MunSiEPDGw&oe=622DF5AE

My Birthday was both similar and different, the former spent with my Mum, Dad, and Laura, my Little Sister as I always do. The differences: The Batman at the cinema (really enjoyed it), my best friend called Adam who is like a Brother to me coming up where I live, Orion our new dog and AEW Revolution 2022 delivering as it did. All firsts. After The Batman, we went to my favourite place to eat called Pizza Pieces. A piece of cheesecake on the house with a lit candle on getting sung Happy Birthday which I didn't expect, lovely of them doing that. I want to give thanks to the posters here who wished me Happy Returns. It means a lot xxx.

Happy birthday Champ. We all need days like that, as trivial as they may appear to some. They go a long way in this day and age to help our mental health and well being. If I get a new vinyl, some sushi, brewed in Japan beer and a sniff of TV time for wrasslin’, I’m a happy man. Ultimately that’s why AEW has been so important; it’s made us happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1