DVDVR Message Board

R-Evolution III - 3/6/2022

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I know they've mostly only had Wardlow do squashes on tv. But he can hang with anyone they got. He's way more ready than they let on. He's less 2004 Batista teaming with Flair to learn and more 2003 Lesnar who could hang with Kurt Angle right out of the gate. The depth of the roster and the deliberate pace of their story telling is why he isn't working long competitive matches, not his lack of readiness. When they give him the green light I think a lot of people are going to be shocked just how complete of a performer he is.

I've been echoing these statements for years.  I am hoping he gets the win tonight. Wishfull thinking probably but if it came down to it Wardlow could more than hold his own in a feud with MJF. 

• Like 1

I'm on the fence about Wardlow winning the thing. With the trajectory we assume both he or MJF are on, do they need to be in the TNT title scene right now? Could be a fun way for Sammy to get his win back vs MJF, but the guy just beat CM Punk. And outside of that Punk roll-up a few weeks back, Wardlow shouldn't be losing to anybody. The belt gets passed around a bit. I'll be interested in what might come of Wardlow coming away with it. 

I'd probably like to see one of the Team Taz guys take it and they get a step up the ladder. 

I could be wrong and they go a different and better direction but the obvious and right call imo is Punk and Keith Lee win their respective matches, freeing up Wardlow and MJF to beef. If it were me, I'd have Punk win the title and MJF can beat him late this year or early next to win the rubber match. Gimme that Wardlow turn tonight, they teed it up beautifully on Dynamite. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

Watched Hammer vs. Piper for the first time in like two decades I think. Is there a better dog collar or strap match? Piper was really creative with chain spots. I loved how he wrapped it around the ring post and then got Valentine in the corner and just yanked as hard as he could to choke Valentine. Don't think I've seen that elsewhere.

• Like 1

I got a feeling its Hobbs or Starks in the ladder match. Either would have a banger with Sammy in a few weeks. 

The roster is so deep that there’s, what, 12 or 13 matches on this show, many of them multiman, yet FTR, Lance Archer (who just main evented a TV), Miro, Men of the Year, Ruby Soho, Deeb, Shida aren’t on it. 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Jiji said:

Any interest in a prowrestlingscorecards.com faction for this and other aew events? I'm doing it with a couple friends potentially, but I can create a faction with an invitation code for DVDVR too. 

I'm very interested though if it needs to be done in real time that might be tricky since I'll be busy hosting. But if I can do the picks in advance then I'm in. 

I'm at theatre waiting for the Buy-In to begin. It will be cool seeing this on a movie screen. I'm curious if I'm going to be the only one here. I'm off tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about getting up early. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm at theatre waiting for the Buy-In to begin. It will be cool seeing this on a movie screen. I'm curious if I'm going to be the only one here. 

Give us a little review of the experience when it’s over. Funny you are the only one there now. I can imagine it being fun with a bunch of fans. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm very interested though if it needs to be done in real time that might be tricky since I'll be busy hosting. But if I can do the picks in advance then I'm in. 

You can do it now. The faction code to join the DVDVR league I just created is b6e012.

Here is the link for the site.

• Thanks 1