DVDVR Message Board

R-Evolution III - 3/6/2022

If I'm being honest - I hope it's on TV or the preshow, because by the PPV it'll have had like two weeks worth of build so it doesn't feel like something that should be at Revolution. It's bad enough that all of a sudden we have a tornado trios match that nobody really wants to see (and the Andrade/Darby storyline is kinda lame).

• Like 2

I was wondering how they'd shoehorn Sting onto the PPV but it being at the expense of Andrade vs. Darby vs. Guevara is pretty damn disappointing. I do understand not wanting two championship triple threats on the same show but this had enough build to be okay. 

• Like 1

MJF (Amateur Troll): Haha your uncle died, Darby!

Andrade (Troll Jedi): I don’t know who you are, but you look like a kid that I can put to work as a foot soldier like this is a Jimmy Cagney gangster picture, so I want to buy you from Mister Sting. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I was wondering how they'd shoehorn Sting onto the PPV but it being at the expense of Andrade vs. Darby vs. Guevara is pretty damn disappointing. I do understand not wanting two championship triple threats on the same show but this had enough build to be okay. 

You’d rather have a spotty triple threat than a badass Sting tag? All have which have been amazing in the last year? 

• Like 5

The story was pointing to a TNT title match between three of the better wrestlers on the roster. While I think the tornado tag will be fun, there are no stakes, and it feels thrown together. It'll probably also be like calm down match after one of the other big matches because of that.

Edited by Jiji

Eddie Kingston should be 2-2. Jon Moxley/Eddie Kingston beating the Young Bucks at Double or Nothing 2021 for the AEW World Tag Team Championship and Eddie Kingston ending Miro's TNT Championship reign at AEW All Out 2021. It'll be so stupid if Kingston loses to Chris Jericho at AEW Revolution 2022. Kingston is so popular and has the gift of the gab to reclaim his year after jobbing but you can't lose too many times.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I would have paid another $50 for Revolution, but now I don't have to. Starting with Revolution, Regal Cinemas is showing AEW ppv's, so I'll be watching it there. It's nice the theatre is only about five miles from home. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would have paid another $50 for Revolution, but now I don't have to. Starting with Revolution, Regal Cinemas is showing AEW ppv's, so I'll be watching it there. It's nice the theatre is only about five miles from home. 

I'm hoping that they just haven't updated it for Austin yet because none of the Regal Cinemas has it listed yet.

On 2/28/2022 at 10:37 AM, The Natural said:
It'll be so stupid if Kingston loses to Chris Jericho at AEW Revolution 2022. 

I'm pretty sure Jericho wins so he can challenge Hangman at Double or Nothing.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I’ve been thinking about a good way to get back to this. Not sure it needs to be a PPV match, but there’s good story to be had there. 

Kingston can afford to lose. It’ll be unpopular, but he’s a bulletproof personality that gains from his struggle to get where people want him. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I agree that there is a potential story for Hangman getting his revenge on Jericho, but that's not a PPV level match anymore (more like a Dynamite/Rampage/Battle of the Belts). Also, while Kingston's popularity has been teflon despite losing his last four PPV matches, now is the time for him to get a big win (and with the build for this match being that Eddie cannot win the big one, you cannot then make it a self-fulfilling prophecy).

• Like 3