DVDVR Message Board

R-Evolution III - 3/6/2022

Do y'all think MJF and Punk will be able to outdo their first match? I imagine massive double juice and tonnes of drama. Big, hot PPV crowd. MJF seems the favourite to dethrone Hangmin, so do we think he goes over?

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

Do y'all think MJF and Punk will be able to outdo their first match? I imagine massive double juice and tonnes of drama. Big, hot PPV crowd. MJF seems the favourite to dethrone Hangmin, so do we think he goes over?

It'll be hard to outdo the first match but it can be done considering who it involves. I think Punk wins so we go to a rubber match. I want Page vs. Danielson 3 and Danielson wins the AEW World Championship, he's not only the best wrestler in AEW and the world, he's the GOAT. I think he should be AEW World Champion now. I think MJF will be the next AEW World Champion though.

• Like 1

Tag title match will likely be Bucks vs. Jurassic Express vs. ReDragon

It seems like they're building to a three-way for the TNT title too, Darby vs. Sammy. vs Andrade

I'm hoping for an all hoss ladder match, lets get Miro in that mother fucker.

With Cody gone, I think it's clear in retrospect that Black's loss derailed his momentum. Imagine instead of Cole, Page was defending against an undefeated Malachai.

But 100% MJF's winning that belt at Double or Nothing

• Like 1

Wonder what the main event will be. Though I don't think it'll be as good of a match (It might even be mediocre) as Adam vs. Adam, DMD vs. Rosa is the biggest women's match they can do right now, and if they are trying to put the women's title on the level of the men's, this is likely their best chance to give them a PPV main event spot for the next few years till a bigger feud comes along. Given my apathy towards Cole I wouldn't mind, but then I also think no one would think Cole has a chance if him and Page aren't on last.

I think Bucks/JE/ReDragon is most likely, but I really want to see Santana and Ortiz win the tag belts ASAP. On top of just being overall fantastic, they've been on the backburner a little too long for my liking and after leaving Inner Circle they could use it to further the story that they were being held back by Jericho.

Edited by A.M.B.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, A.M.B. said:

Wonder what the main event will be. Though I don't think it'll be as good of a match (It might even be mediocre) as Adam vs. Adam, DMD vs. Rosa is the biggest women's match they can do right now, and if they are trying to put the women's title on the level of the men's, this is likely their best chance to give them a PPV main event spot for the next few years till a bigger feud comes along.

I don't see any evidence that they are trying to put the women's title on the level of the men's, though. They should be, of course.

Given my apathy towards Cole I wouldn't mind, but then I also think no one would think Cole has a chance if him and Page aren't on last.

While Cole is inexplicably over, I don't think many people think he has a chance anyway. So I don't see this as a problem.

Circling back to MJF vs Punk, I think Punk goes over to close their story. I suspect MJF is dethroning Hangman, but there's no rush to get there. They can build MJF back up later.

• Like 1

Wonder what the main event will be. Though I don't think it'll be as good of a match (It might even be mediocre) as Adam vs. Adam, DMD vs. Rosa is the biggest women's match they can do right now, and if they are trying to put the women's title on the level of the men's, this is likely their best chance to give them a PPV main event spot for the next few years till a bigger feud comes along. Given my apathy towards Cole I wouldn't mind, but then I also think no one would think Cole has a chance if him and Page aren't on last.

I said this in the AEW February 2022 thread:

I doubt it'll happen but I'd give the main event of Revolution 2022 to Dr Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa for Baker's AEW Women's World Championship. It's the right time for a women's match to headline an AEW PPV, a first.

9 hours ago, A.M.B. said:

I think Bucks/JE/ReDragon is most likely, but I really want to see Santana and Ortiz win the tag belts ASAP. On top of just being overall fantastic, they've been on the backburner a little too long for my liking and after leaving Inner Circle they could use it to further the story that they were being held back by Jericho.

#FTR should be next. Fucking criminal #FTR had the shortest AEW World Tag Team Championship reign, never got a rematch with the Young Bucks, tend to lose the big matches and are yet to regain them. Best tag team in the world since 2016. #FTR then drop them to Santana and Ortiz.

• Like 2

I will be at this. Am very excited. 

It feels like it makes the most sense to build to Punk challenging for the title in Chicago in September so feel like he should win this. I'd wait until 2023 to pull the trigger on MJF because once he challenges for the World Title he needs to win it. 

• Like 5

On 2/19/2022 at 5:17 AM, Matt D said:

Bear Country can do a flip.

200.gif

On 2/19/2022 at 3:35 AM, Leonidas said:

That's a lot of big hosses for a ladder match, we need some flippy guys added, who's it going to be? Would Jeff Hardy be available by then?

No we need an all hoss ladder match. No high spots all clubbering!

Edited by zendragon
  • Like 3

I don't mind Hangman/Cole as I'm 99.99% Page is winning and it's a high profile win for his reign, much more valuable than beating Archer for example.

He doesn't seem very popular around here but, at least in the eyes of the crowd, Cole is a pretty big star and he's right there just under the  Punk/Bryan/Mox/Page level right now.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to R-Evolution III - 3/6/2022
On 2/19/2022 at 1:39 AM, The Natural said:

AEW Revolution, 6th March 2022 is on my birthday! Well it goes out on the 7th March 2022 UK time. Dr Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa and CM Punk vs. MJF are big matches. Does Thunder Rosa win here or Dr. Britt Baker retains via cheating to extend it to Double or Nothing where Baker won the AEW Women's World Championship a year earlier? It's Rosa's time. Bryan Danielson vs. Jon Moxley and Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Kingston look likely additions. I wish it wasn't Adam Cole in the main event vs. Adam Page as Cole does nothing for me.

My best friend, Adam who is like a Brother to me is planning to come up for my Birthday, 6th March and see The Batman. Both firsts. Likely be a takeaway for tea. Catch a few hours sleep before Revolution 2022 on the 7th of March which I'll probably watch live, try and get some sleep I'll miss out on. I'll then see Aje off with a Full English Breakfast. I'll be like an extra on The Walking Dead.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, Matt D said:

Quick, @hobo joeset up a bet where Casey has to watch something with a lot of 70s matwork if he loses. 

@CaseyYou're on. If I win you have to watch something with a lot of 70s matwork, and if you win I have to watch some wrestling that I hate, like uh... matches where a much smaller heel has long heat segment on a large babyface.

Edited by hobo joe
tagged casey
  • Like 2

Predictions so far:

AEW World Championship

Page should decisively win this to solidify his run and I feel it’s not his time to drop it yet, MJF kinda feels like the possible next champion at this point. Cole also has too much going on with the Bucks/ReDragon and potentially Omega and White.

AEW Women's World Championship

I feel this is not being built up as the big deal that it is, or doesn’t feel as huge as it should be because it’s the one rematch they’ve saved for a long time. But I think Rosa can’t afford to lose this time.

AEW Tag Team Championship

Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus probably retain if it’s agains ReDragon and The Bucks. But if another team like Santana and Ortiz Sneak in there could see them getting the belts, maybe due to some Bucks interference or something.

Dog Collar Match

This could go either way at this point.

Kingston vs. Jericho

Eddie Kingston HAS to be beat Jericho. I know his deal is he always loses the big matches but he’s too beloved at this point to be denied a happy moment again.

Mox vs. Bryan

This could go either way and I don’t think anyone cares who wins, it’s more about what’s gonna happen between them after.

Face of the Revolution Ladder Match
Hard to pick at this point, is there any chance we could get Hook in here to have all Team Taz represented? I wonder if they’ll leave the last entrant as a surprise.

Tornado Trios Match
This should be a fun few minutes but feels very thrown together, I’d do it on the Buy In to save the time on the main show for all the other matches since there are a lot of big ones.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eikerir said:

Mox vs. Bryan

This could go either way and I don’t think anyone cares who wins, it’s more about what’s gonna happen between them after.

I was hoping Bryan would go the ultimate cheese route and say that at Revolution, it's gonna be a FIRST BLOOD MATCH, but alas, we're left to just be satisfied...

I'll go ahead and throw in another this is a good time to bring in Chris Hero. With Claudio this time. *chef's kiss*

• Like 1