DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NBA: Halftime

Dolfan in NYC

We're at the All Star break. Let's all point and laugh at the Knicks. 

Tonight is the celebrity game.  Tomorrow is the skillz (to pay the bills) competition including the dunk off.

Sunday is the all star game.  Let's see if a team can break 200!

Serious question: is there an actual game being played tonight? Because I've switched over to the broadcast 8-9 times in the last hour or so and haven't seen a single second of game action.

I know nobody is playing defense yet, but holy fuck Steph Curry

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Serious question: is there an actual game being played tonight? Because I've switched over to the broadcast 8-9 times in the last hour or so and haven't seen a single second of game action.

They will probably start actually playing in the fourth/Elam period. They'll start getting prideful and wanting to win.

47 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

God bless the Elam Ending. Once it got to the 4th quarter we actually saw some defense. 

The Elam ending has done so much to make the last few minutes of these games great.

• Like 2

Today (will technically yesterday) in randomness

JJ Reddick decided to randomly slam Zion for being a shit teammate

New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson has been absent from the court this season because of a foot injury, but according to JJ Redick, Williamson has been absent as a teammate his entire time in the NBA.

"There's a responsibility that you have as an athlete when you play a team sport to be fully invested," Redick said Tuesday on First Take. "You're fully invested in your body, you're fully invested in your work and you're fully invested in your teammates. That is your responsibility, and we have not seen that from Zion."

Redick and Williamson were teammates with the Pelicans for parts of the past two seasons before Redick announced his retirement and joined ESPN as an NBA analyst before this season.

Redick said he voiced his concerns with Williamson while in New Orleans.

"This is something I addressed with Zion in front of the team," Redick said. "This is going back to his rookie year."

Williamson's possible issues as a teammate came into public view during this past weekend's All-Star festivities when CJ McCollum said he hasn't spoken to Williamson since he was traded to New Orleans from Portland at the trade deadline.

"I haven't had conversations with him directly. ... I've spoken with some people close to him and look forward to sitting down with him sooner than later," McCollum said Saturday night. "I know about as much as you do right now, but I'm gonna get to the bottom of it."

McCollum told ESPN's Malika Andrews on Tuesday morning that he has since spoken to Williamson.

Redick said Williamson's initial silence toward McCollum is part of a "pattern of behavior."

"This just shows a complete lack of investment in your team, in the organization, in the city," Redick said. "I get that he's hurt and away from the team, but you just traded for one of the 50 best players in the league -- a guy that's supposed to be paired with you. Reach out and say, 'Hello.' This is a pattern of behavior with Zion that we are seeing again and again. I was his teammate, I can describe him as a detached teammate, that is an accurate statement."

As expected Eric Adams is planning on lifting the vaccine mandate in NYC so Kyrie should be playing in home games again unless he decides to just up and leave the team for a few weeks.  Again.