DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2022

The Natural

Just now, RIPPA said:

Since Mania is in Dallas - they could be heavily influenced by Houston/Texas folks which also would really please you

Some subsection of Lothario, Gino, Bull Curry. Maybe Danny McShain or the Dusek family. I'd be for any of that.

• Like 1

Is “Van Vader” a first name and a last name? Like “Big” Van Vader? Or is he simply Vader and his nickname is “Big Van?” Is Van Vader a last name like Von Ratschke? I have to assume nobody wanted us to believe his first name was Big.

I am sure there is a canonical answer somewhere out there but even as a huge fan of his, I realized this morning that I’m not 100% sure.

So glad he is finally in but heartbroken it’s posthumously, and trying not to attribute that fact to malice.

Well, the name comes from Japan, so the patronymic would have come first. And given that he was "the man they call Vader" and not "the man they call Van Vader", we can deduce that his name when westernized should have been Vader Big Van.

Or, if you prefer, Google Translate says that "big van vader" is Dutch for "piglet from father."

Edited by kafkonia
  • Haha 6

Should be noted that Vader was the first and only gaijin to win both the defunct IWGP HW and the Triple Crown.  Also the first to win all the top tags of NJPW, AJPW, NOAH over time.

• Like 3

That Andrew Zarian dude is saying he is hearing that Sid might be in this year's class too

HOWEVER - in the same story, Meltzer is hearing that due to the ceremony being a fixed 90 minutes this year - many of the inductees might end up just being done digitally.

Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that it may not be possible to induct everyone on the live show as they have done in the past due to the event being 90 minutes, a considerable amount of that 90 minutes expected to be devoted to The Undertaker's induction, and the time of night.

He said in some of the cases, inductees could be inducted digitally. He wasn't specific on whether that means a short video speech or just a video package for certain people and acts.

“Undertaker is going to get the big grand treatment and then I would presume Vader probably will...but a lot of the other guys, there’s been talk of, again with the 90 minutes, not even doing a ceremony but just doing it digitally," he said.

Per the new WON - there is consideration of putting the Steiners in this year

The idea is that Bron would induct them

This is all hinges on the WWE getting Scott to stop hating them for 15 minutes

• Like 2