DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2022

The Natural

If anybody has been through all the FB, Twitter, etc comments...like it or not Big Poppa Pump is even bigger than the Steiner brothers! Everybody goes right to BPP. Me included. My first thought was Scott with a live mic holy cow. Then I started thinking that he had to concede the character for this to happen. Then I started thinking crap I hope he’s not about to die like the Warrior. I would pay $100 to hear a live BPP pipe bomb, and I don’t really pay for wrestling related things of any kind anymore. BPP was that good of a heel and if he does concede then double cross them on the mic when he gets it in his hands he has a case as a top 5 heel ever IMO.

Now...saying he was bigger than the tag team isn’t a knock on the tag team. I freaking love the Steiner Brothers. So many great matches of so many kinds, wild promos even back then, comedy relief, scared the Road Warriors off of whatever continent they were on for all those years. I mean how badass is that? 

13 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Presumably this is it then, being it's this week, so no Sid AGAIN despite early reports. fuck

Happy for the Steiners at least, will be great to see. 

Sid will get his day eventually. Hopefully Bam Bam as well.

Taker's mic being hot once he put the gear on saying to his daughter who was demanding a kiss "You're killing the gimmick" popped me so hard. That ovation for Taker was so deserved. So was the gear going on just so they can tease him vs Seth? Or did Take make a request and Cody got bumped from Wrestlemania? lol

I was real impressed with how much they transformed the area in just 15 minutes.

Shad's son & JTG doing the taunt was the moment of the night for me.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Taker's mic being hot once he put the gear on saying to his daughter who was demanding a kiss "You're killing the gimmick" popped me so hard. That ovation for Taker was so deserved. So was the gear going on just so they can tease him vs Seth? Or did Take make a request and Cody got bumped from Wrestlemania? lol

I was real impressed with how much they transformed the area in just 15 minutes.

Shad's son & JTG doing the taunt was the moment of the night for me.

I hope The Undertaker doesn't come back, his last match was his best in ages, it was a WrestleMania main event and unique as a cinematic one. Glad Undertaker got a crowd sendoff unlike his 30th Anniversary at Survivor Series 2022, the former was so better done. That ovation was something else.

• Like 2

Loved seeing the Steiners induction, great to see them both. Undertaker's speech was greatness of course, glad he got all the time needed. Popped for Perry "Action" Jackson getting a shoutout. Thought Sharmell gave a pretty good speech too. Nice moments for the families of Shad & Vader. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2022/04/20/bay-city-wwe-hall-fame-scott-steiner-never-stopped-flexing/7365699001/?fbclid=IwAR0vVOO2HlGtEl_00Hc4zp4PdW-9BRUgXp5ViRp9CP7X0jyZf5m7lp1fOiQ#l2dlawgtgn9zk88zdib

So Scott really has conceded the whole BPP gimmick. Wow. And in this article he even talks about how it was just a gimmick with little bits of frustration poking out, like most wrestling gimmicks. That article is the most words I’ve ever heard Scott the actual person say, even more than in his shoots (he was still protecting his character then). 

And to my point about just how good BPP was. Even Jim Cornette goes right to BPP when the question is about the Steiner Brothers. BPP was so good that his alltime great tag team is an afterthought in comparison to that character.

I’m saving the induction for a rainy day along with The Undertaker’s. I saw the Tweet with Vince above. That’s 100% appropriate IMO and just plain great. I love the WWE HoF I don’t care what anybody says. They run the mfer like they want to and it’s great. The Skysrapers and the Steiner both in on the same day wow, yet they’re both overshadowed by their next gimmick. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I’m saving the induction for a rainy day along with The Undertaker’s. I saw the Tweet with Vince above. That’s 100% appropriate IMO and just plain great. I love the WWE HoF I don’t care what anybody says. They run the mfer like they want to and it’s great. The Skysrapers and the Steiner both in on the same day wow, yet they’re both overshadowed by their next gimmick. 

well, one Skyscraper at least. Still waiting for the other(s)!