DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2022

The Natural

I mean I kind of don't get the hate?

On the scale of what the WWE Hall of Fame is she fits fine. Her as queen to Booker's king was a very entertaining side character. Isn't that enough? She was also a Nitro girl and a valet to Prince Iaukea's weird Prince gimmick. Torrie Wilson is in and she didn't do much more than that. It's fine. It's the WWE Hall of Fame. It's not a legitimate thing to care about.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I mean I kind of don't get the hate?

On the scale of what the WWE Hall of Fame is she fits fine. Her as queen to Booker's king was a very entertaining side character. Isn't that enough? She was also a Nitro girl and a valet to Prince Iaukea's weird Prince gimmick. Torrie Wilson is in and she didn't do much more than that. It's fine. It's the WWE Hall of Fame. It's not a legitimate thing to care about.

I agree that she was very entertaining as Queen, but that was like a 8-9 month run at best, right?  

You're totally right that it's not a legitimate thing.  It's just that you sort of set a baseline with inductees like this.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Is Chyna ever going to get in on her own.

No. She’s dead. She’s already in. They don’t want people googling her. So not unless they think there’s significant money to be made.

Justin_SofOK on Twitter has been posting a ton of TNA , he's at '08 and Sharmell and Booker have been more entertaining together in TNA with the King Booker deal than in WWE. I know people say he was only in TNA for the check lol. True , but they looked like they had fun. Why would he want to kill himself like Angle did in his run.

From the new WON

It has been reported elsewhere that Shad Gaspard would be the winner of his year’s Warrior Award. Those in WWE have confirmed that to be accurate.

Hall of Fame isn't perfect, but it does matter. It's a chance for the old timers to celebrate their careers and have a positive moment. They get to put a bow on it and close the book on things.

Look at how much people quoted Scott Hall's Hall of Fame speech after he passed. Those words mattered to people. They mattered to fans. The former icons get to have a moment to thank their peers and their fans and just have a positive glow for a little bit. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm guessing Bron would be the one to induct Steiners. Can't see who else it would be.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 5